• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What do you think of the BCS Standings?

Reaction score
1. Alabama ;)
2. Texas Tech
3. Penn State
4. Texas
5. Florida

I personally think Texas is one lucky program, and think Florida should be 4 and Oklahoma 5, THEN Texas. Maybe even USC 6 then Texas 7.

But, this year is the same ol' same ol', and the BCS STILL stands for:

Bull Crap Series!

Reaction score
I think Texas Tech is good, but that win against Texas really wasn't that huge of a victory. It really didn't prove anything to me that they deserved to go from like 7th to 2nd in the Standings.

blotsfan

Huddler
Reaction score
I think now there is no doubt that they deserve the 2 spot. I hope they win it all. It would be nice to see a new school win it.
But yeah, the NCAA needs to have a 16 team playoff. Yeah there will be complaints from the 17th team that it should be 16, but if you're 16 or 17 you probably don't deserve to be the champion anyways.

S

Seattlehawk94

FUCK the "Beauty Contest Scores"

It's like the football version of "Dancing with the Stars" except there's less of that blonde hottie who sings country music.

I'm dreaming of a BSU (either Boise, who I want, or Ball St.) vs Utah in the Championship. But that wouldn't ever happen...They put a 4 loss team from a "power conference" (see: we play cupcakes in our conference and rack up wins) in over an undeafeted team from any other Western City outside of Los Angeles.

You really think even if the Fuskies or Cougars were somehow perfect, they'd get the invite? Fuck no...Hell, the Ducks should've gotten it a few years ago but somehow Nebraska got in and got their asses handed to them by Miami.

Sick of the whole system...So here's my plan..

Make a 64 team playoff like the NCAA's, take away "Conference Championship Games", make the whole thing at large with at least one team from every conference---take away 1-AA and let them into it like the B-Ball Tourney.

Week 1: (64 Teams) First Week of December
Without conference title games, the regular season ends in Novemeber. Every Conference Champion (regular season) get's a home game with an "At Large Team" setting up such possible matchups this year as:
Ohio St. at Montana
USC at Ball St.
Florida at Utah
some of them would be matchups vs school's you'd never thought you'd see matched playing in the smaller schools stadium.

Week 2: (32 Teams) Second Week of December
When the bracket moves to Week 2 the games move into NFL stadiums. All 16 games are played at NFL sites around the country.

Week 3: (Sweet 16) End of December, First Week of January
Bowl Season, all the bowls keep their games but some matchups will be different...

Week 4: (Elite Eight) Second Week of January
The higher seeds in each game have earned the right to HOST an Elite Eight game.

Week: 5 (Final Four) Third Week of January
The "Final Four of Football" is played at a neutral site stadium that Bid on this game years in advance (like the basketball version).

Week 6: (National Championship Game) Played the week of the bye between the AFC/NFC Championship Games and the Superbowl.
Played at the site of the Superbowl Game, it would make the package in getting a Superbowl to your town worth that much more and would be a great way to pass the week of waiting for the Superbowl to be played.

So if you win out the MOST games you could play in a CFB Season is 18.

It's still shorter than an NFL Champion's season, and only TWO teams are affected (like winning a title is an "affliction") and the rest will probably fit more into the 1-2 extra game crowd.

Just my .02 cents...

What do ya think?

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
FUCK the "Beauty Contest Scores"

It's like the football version of "Dancing with the Stars" except there's less of that blonde hottie who sings country music.

I'm dreaming of a BSU (either Boise, who I want, or Ball St.) vs Utah in the Championship. But that wouldn't ever happen...They put a 4 loss team from a "power conference" (see: we play cupcakes in our conference and rack up wins) in over an undeafeted team from any other Western City outside of Los Angeles.

You really think even if the Fuskies or Cougars were somehow perfect, they'd get the invite? Fuck no...Hell, the Ducks should've gotten it a few years ago but somehow Nebraska got in and got their asses handed to them by Miami.

Sick of the whole system...So here's my plan..

Make a 64 team playoff like the NCAA's, take away "Conference Championship Games", make the whole thing at large with at least one team from every conference---take away 1-AA and let them into it like the B-Ball Tourney.

Week 1: (64 Teams) First Week of December
Without conference title games, the regular season ends in Novemeber. Every Conference Champion (regular season) get's a home game with an "At Large Team" setting up such possible matchups this year as:
Ohio St. at Montana
USC at Ball St.
Florida at Utah
some of them would be matchups vs school's you'd never thought you'd see matched playing in the smaller schools stadium.

Week 2: (32 Teams) Second Week of December
When the bracket moves to Week 2 the games move into NFL stadiums. All 16 games are played at NFL sites around the country.

Week 3: (Sweet 16) End of December, First Week of January
Bowl Season, all the bowls keep their games but some matchups will be different...

Week 4: (Elite Eight) Second Week of January
The higher seeds in each game have earned the right to HOST an Elite Eight game.

Week: 5 (Final Four) Third Week of January
The "Final Four of Football" is played at a neutral site stadium that Bid on this game years in advance (like the basketball version).

Week 6: (National Championship Game) Played the week of the bye between the AFC/NFC Championship Games and the Superbowl.
Played at the site of the Superbowl Game, it would make the package in getting a Superbowl to your town worth that much more and would be a great way to pass the week of waiting for the Superbowl to be played.

So if you win out the MOST games you could play in a CFB Season is 18.

It's still shorter than an NFL Champion's season, and only TWO teams are affected (like winning a title is an "affliction") and the rest will probably fit more into the 1-2 extra game crowd.

Just my .02 cents...

What do ya think?

I think you just take thge top 8, or take the top 10 and give #1 & #2 a first round bye, like in the pro's.

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
Cole said:
TEXAS SHOULD STILL BE #1 That was a bullshit game against Texas Tech. We should've won...

But ya didn't. That's why they play the games, dude!

Reaction score
let's update this

Rank/TEAM/ BCS AVG
1. Alabama - - - - - .9787
2. Texas Tech- - - -.9698
3. Texas- - - - - - - .8911
4. Florida- - - - - - -.8755
5. Oklahoma- - - - -.8388
6. USC- - - - - - - - .7873
7. Utah- - - - - - - - .7643
8. Penn State - - - - .6957
9. Boise State- - - - .6559
10. Ohio State - - - - .6154

Idahawk

Reaction score
I like the idea of all teams getting a shot at glory.If you don't like the caliber of teams they play then match them up against better teams..every year the big names get "gimme games early in the season that mean nothing...why not put them up against the Utahs and the Ball States and the BSU's. why not let BSU and Utah Battle and the winner then play the Pac Ten champ..before the BCS . A regional tourney based on the best records is my pick,,,I want to see the best against the best..and want to to root for a team from somewhere in my area. If BSU plays USC and lose's then so be it , but we had our shot ..at least a shot..Its better then winning the pat on the back bowl every year...Flame of glory eh 94 :D

Two points on this; Boise State and OK Fiesta Bowl you should watch it.

And the other thread on overtime in college ; Boise State and OK Fiesta Bowl you should watch it .

Ask yourself this, would Washington or Washington State have the same records as BSU or Utah playing the same teams ? this Year ? I think not...but if they were 10 -0 then they would be in the running for a major bowl game..Rose Bowl or even a National Championship My teams don't have that option..just a bone thrown at us every now and then.

Espn " experts " claim the don't want politics ala Obama involved in sports yet, they, ABC will play Notre Lame games every Saturday because of the money , but thats not politics is it ? thats paychecks baby ! LOL

It should be the best teams against the best teams.

Reaction score
I've been pulling for BSU all year... I don't get how a team who won one of the most exciting games of all time gets no love.

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I've been pulling for BSU all year... I don't get how a team who won one of the most exciting games of all time gets no love.

Cuz they're not a BCS school, and that sucks. All schools should be BCS eligible, or none should be.

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Utah and Boise State should be 3 and 4 right now.

I agree. But until they implement a playoff system, it'll never work in CFB.

And you know something that's way hypocritical...in Divisions II & III the NCAA has a playoff system. And it works quite well! We live in a city with a D-II school (Univ. of North Alabama), and our city hosts the D-II Nat'l Championship Game every year. ESPN comes in and everything...pretty cool...

chopperdoc79

Huddler
Reaction score
as much as everyone would love to see a playoff in college football i just dont see it ever happening. To many people would lose to much money and for that fact alone they will always be against a playoff system in college. It sucks but again the power of money.

Reaction score
I don't know why they can't though. I mean I said why not keep the bowl games, but just set it up as a playoff system. Have the first round be the usual small bowl games, while it increases each round until the Championship game which would be the Sugar Bowl or something.

Reaction score
But how? I mean if you set up each game as a bowl game your not losing money. ex:
1st Round be like the nokia bowls something not so big.
2nd Round the bowl games get bigger
3rd Round Biggger...
Championship game is like the Orange Bowl or something...

Each game be a type of bowl, but just play it in playoff format.

Top Bottom