• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

What would You do at Wide Receiver ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Quite frankly I have wondered why we have such horrible luck at the WR position on this team. When was the last time we had a guy go over 1000 yards or score double digit TD's or make a pro bowl ? Doug Baldwin did great until the other teams realized he was the go to guy, and I think he may be a future star with the right Qb at the helm. But what do we do with the rest of these guys ? From what I can see none are FA's and it looks as if their all on the team next year. I am ready to some of these non producers go !

Sidney Rice - 4 years left, big money spent didn't look good when healthy and has taken off where he left the Vikings and that's injured, just as advertised.

Mike Williams- Who ? that's right basically gone from the offense . see ya

Golden Tate- You could find 100 guys like this all day long , he was worn out his welcome and is a bust on this team . see ya

Ben Obomanu- A few bright spots but has never stepped up and took the job , nothing special. bye

Deon Butler- Injured - super fast-gets a stay of execution and may be needed if Washington get more carries in the run game.

Kris Durham - Reserve guy good size 6-5 need to see more of him.

Ricardo Lockett- 6-3 - 4.34 at the combine , has ran a 4.26. This kid should see much more time on the field next season and is an exciting young prospect .

Doug Baldwin- The kid is fearless and wants the ball , just the kind of guy I want on my team. The future at slot for years to come. Baldwin got open on a new team with a new QB in a new system when the rest didn't or couldn't.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm fine with giving them all another year. You could tell all Jackson wanted to do was throw to Rice when he was in. The only other receiver that got any looks was Baldwin.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i love our receiving core, we have size and speed were we need it. there wont be one guy with great stats but thats fine, tate started getting some looks and looked good towards the end of the year, butler is a good player when healthy and he can stretch the field . still need to see more from lockette but with that size and speed there is potential, sidney rice looked good when he did play even though some games he was unseen, and BMW had a horrible year but i put that mostly on part to jackson's innabilty to find people open. when u have a qb whose so bad that every play hes set on who hes going to throw to before the play even begins and not be able to check the whole field and find open guys(like BMW was on a nu,ber of plays i seen this year including 2 TD's i can remember) its hard for wr's to get there stats.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
We may not have an elite WR in the group but I think we are good shape because depth and potential.
At that top of the list I put Baldwin, Tate, and Sidney, though Sidney worries me because he seems 'fragile'.
Second tier I would go BMW, Obomano, Butler, Obo, BMW,being a our possession guys and Butler our burner.
I see potential with lockete and Durham we havent even really see.
I agree with keeping them all another year as well. Wouldnt mind seeing us add to that pool in the draft, but not a high rounder, we have bigger needs.
If I was going to put anyone on the trading block it would be BMW or butler.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Tate and Obamanu have had plenty of time to become starters and haven't taken the bull by the horns . Say what you want about TJ not finding WR's but that's a two way street , they also have to get open and catch the ball . The kid from Stanford caught plenty of balls ? . lets find more guys like him.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah as a slot receiver. Those are short to intermediate routes. Don't get me wrong, he's a great slot receiver, but you also saw a drop off when Jackson started getting more time and looking down field due to better o-line play. Unfortunately, both Rice and Williams got sidelined before the o-line really improved as well.

As for Tate and Obomanu, everyone knew Tate would not be an instant star because he route running sucked. The upside was his ridiculous playmaking ability. I think we started to see his route running improve this year. If he does not improve further next year, then I think we can start questioning him. Obomanu was a 7th rounder that has stuck around through 3 head coaches. I think he has done well for us.

Reaction score
Baldwin is a solid slot guy. Rice, if healthy while not a pure speed guy, can stretch the field amd has good hands. Obo will never be more than a 3 or 4 at best, but he's a solid depth guy and while he has his occasional drops, he can also make plays. Tate has good hands, and has the ability to gain some yards after the catch. His route running, while improved over last year, still needs work. He is clearly still immature evident by his stupid arm flailing celebrations. I like Lockette a lot, think this guy is truly a diamond in the rough. Pete and John may have found a true play maker for years to come. the sample size is way too small, but the guy has played 2 games and has caught both passes thrown his way.... one for 44 and another for 61 plus a TD. based off that and his sick speed (4.2 forty) he at least deserves to compete for a starting position. Butler has a big heart and plays with aptitude for a little guy, but hes too small. Kid won't last in the league with the way these safeties are hitting these days.

BMW.... Idk what happened.... perhaps not EVER being thrown to in the 1st half of the season hurt his confidence which lead to a drop of in production. I recall several times TJack ignoring a wide open Mike and instead throwing to a triple covered Rice. Those two never built a rapport. Idk

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I know alot of ppl hate on tate, thats to be expected, for 2nd round pick he has been a disappointment. But this year he has made some plays, that amazing TD catch TJ floated over the top kinda sold me. He is also built like a RB so can get good YAC. I agree about giving him another year to crack the starting 4, cause thats where he should be. If not then he's a bust. Still think he can be used in the return game too, if he can learn to run uphill alittle more, hes got a crazy running style!

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Rice will be better if he can just stay healthy. Lockette and Baldwin are bar-non our best. Kinda sad but it's true. I'm almost ready to say Mike Williams is overrated. I like him and I think he has the size but his lack of speed really shows at time. Tate is a lost prospect as far as i'm concerned. I'm ready to give Kris Durham a chance too. Hell, if he can do as well as the other rookies, than we're on to something.

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
Rice - injury prone, over paid, great hands, great size. Give him another year, if he can stay healthy a whole season, then re-sign him...for a lot less money or trade/cut him.
BMW - Guy deserves a chance to work in an offense where T Jack isn't either running for his life or throwing it to Rice.
Baldwin - Bobby Engram clone, excellent slot receiver for years to come (if we can keep him)
Obamanu - meh, would be willing to keep him as a 4 or 5
Tate - expected more out of him by now, but willing to give him another season to develop. With a good QB, he could blossom.
Lockette - get this man more PT and he will be awesome.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
WR will be a top priority next year in free agency and or draft. I could see the Hawks drafting a fast, tall #! receiver in the first round. With the players they now have on the team they can start drafting for best player available or top position of need.

Reaction score
I think se keep Obomanu because he's great on Special Teams. Edwards will be cut unless he absolutely lights it up during the preseason games.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
cool looking back to see what we thought earlier this year.... I thought BMW might bout outsies.

Tate has been exceptional at camp. Butler is gone, mark it, Obo, lockete, duramn, edwards on the block.
We will keep Sidney, TO, Baldwin, Tate, (your starting 4).

I think we will keep 4 TE's, so that means only 6 WR's.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i feel we should go sidney,TO,baldwin,butler,tate
i think lockette and butler are our wildcards though, they both have outstanding potential and i would like to see them given a chance

Top Bottom