• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

We Got Flynn - Official Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Ida is a hater, 94 is a lover, Bob and 18 are riding the fence (typical) and I am siding with 94 on this one.
Flynn has soooo many pros and only a couple of cons.... but I'll defer to the dark lord for now.

Who's the dark lord ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Skeptisism is a good thing.

What do you mean meaningless game? He played the lions who were playing for playoff spot. That is what makes that performance so amazing and legit. Set all time GB records for TD's and Yards in passing!

So why isn't he the starter in Green Bay ?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll turn that question around , what makes anyone think we can't find a better QB, these kids are coming up more pro ready then ever before , even then 5 years ago when Flynn came up. I don't dislike the guy its a Cinderella story in a way, he hardly played at LSU , made the pros, never played unless you count one real game a mop up game and a meaningless game all while driving a Cadillac of an offense and now may be the starter for his own team. There is at best just minimal evidence for Flynn being able to play at a high level for 16 games or more and he totally benefited from the entire Manning situation, to go from a few hundred thousand a year to millions, good for him. Just not sold until he hits the field as it is with any player ? Just because he is now a Seahawk doesn't mean I can't be skeptical.
I want some proof and 2.5 games is not enough.

That's why I quoted Dennis Green " go crown his ass " I'll wait and see

Absolutely nothing makes me sure we cannot find better. I am sure there are better ones out there. And as I said many times, signing Flynn (or Manning at the time), does not preclude us from trying to find a better one. That's what PC and JS are doing with Jackson in signing Flynn.

Skeptisism is a good thing.

Wait a minute, you just said made riding the fence a bad thing when you referenced it above in relation to flip and me. That's all we are doing, be skeptical.

Just to be clear on my perceptions on where people stand based on comments on this board:
  • 94 and szat: Love Flynn. Think he is basically the savior.
  • Ida: Does not like Flynn. Thinks we wasted resources on someone else's back up and we should draft a QB.
  • Flip and me: Like what we saw in Flynn, but 2 games do not make an All-Pro. We would like to see more.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Don't forget #one who does whatever 94 does .

We don't know that Flynn will beat out Jackson and we do not know if he's better. I think its a push . TJ was inaccurate, was it the pectoral ? He was frozen at times and over thinking his reads. He sucked for the vikings so I'm not giving him anything , but at least there is a history to look at to base an opinion on.

Flynn comes from out of nowhere pretty much, plays 2 good games and becomes the next Tom Brady ? How the heck can anyone not be skeptical .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Absolutely nothing makes me sure we cannot find better.
What the hell? Translation please, is this attorney speak?
94 and szat: Love Flynn. Think he is basically the savior.
Got you that right baby! Im already thinking new jersey time!
We don't know that Flynn will beat out Jackson and we do not know if he's better.!
Uhhhh... actually we do know., and so do Pete, John, and Paul Allen, lest they wouldnt have paid him 8M X 3 to come in here and be the guy!

Reaction score
We should draft this guy:

34hjp12.jpg

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
What the hell? Translation please, is this attorney speak?

Sorry. I forget that I have to dumb it down for some...

Ida asked what makes me sure that we cannot find better in the draft. Nothing about Flynn makes me sure we cannot find better in the draft. It is not likely that we do, but it is definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Idahawk

Reaction score
That's what Ida keeps suggesting when he talks about drafting a QB. He tries to act like he isn't talking about Kellen Moore, but he actually is.

Is that right ? I use Moore to compare to Flynn, not to quick on the uptake there are we ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Sorry. I forget that I have to dumb it down for some...

Ida asked what makes me sure that we cannot find better in the draft. Nothing about Flynn makes me sure we cannot find better in the draft. It is not likely that we do, but it is definitely not out of the realm of possibility.

Make a you tube video for #one , he don't read so good!

S

Seattlehawk94

I still find it hard to believe ANYONE is that high on Flynn... But the fact that its 94 kind of blows my mind. That's not to say that I think you're wrong about him, just that this is odd considering you're a difficult one to please... What is it that you see that we're all missing? What trait/ability does Flynn possess that's going to bring us a Lombardi Trophy? Because it seems like most of us have a ton of questions about him and you have nothing but faith he'll be great... Is it just the paralells between how we acquired him and how we acquired Hasselbeck? Both backups to all-pro, super bowl winning QBs in Green Bay, both acquired by us after winning a bidding war with Miami, both came to a team coached by a head coach who learned under Walsh, both named Matt... All sounds cool, but doesn't really mean much on tthe field. Again, I'm not saying you're wrong... It just seems like, even though most of us support this move, you have an opinion different than most of ours and I just wonder what that opinion is base on. Especially since its different than what we've come to expect from you.

Also since, you like the Flynn move so much, how does that effect your stance on Carroll?

Game Changer when it comes to Carroll for me...

When I'm pleased and serious, sound the alarms..Flynn has the tools, watched more gamefilm of Packers games he's appeared in the last few months than Seahawks stuff....Every snap the guy is checking down and basically puzzle solving in his mind, you can see it at the LOS and the fact he's calling different sets when he sees something...Never seen TJackass or Chuck Manson do that....Seeing the fact he knows what's going on and makes the RIGHT throw almost every time get's me pumped....The fade to beat DET was a VETERAN throw, even then...Most vets can't throw a quick flag route like that...

I like Kellen Moore and I asked the question Kellen Moore a Seahawk ? Never have said we should draft him , only that I want us to for obvious reasons.

Moore is an AFL guy...He's basically Matt Leinart without the hardware...

NOTHING you've said about Moore is good...It's all personal opinion...Don't have ONE signature play you can say "that's an NFL QB" to go on....But blather away and call people lap dogs if they don't agree with you....Has worked for oh...Huddle is how old now? Are you related to Kdouche per chance?

What do you mean meaningless game? He played the lions who were playing for playoff spot. That is what makes that performance so amazing and legit. Set all time GB records for TD's and Yards in passing!

Using the #2 GB offense he single handedly sent the Lions to a Wild Card loss by forcing them to go to NOLA and not NY which was a much better matchup...And yeah...Set records of a franchise that featured multiple HOFers who played QB there including the ALL-TIME LEADING PASSER IN LEAGUE HISTORY...
Got you that right baby! Im already thinking new jersey time!
Ordered one already.... :)
So why isn't he the starter in Green Bay ?
Why wasn't Young the starter till Montana got injured? Why wasn't Rodgers the starter until Farve left?
Dumb question...I feel my IQ fell just reading it...
Haha yeah fuck you Ida.... don't get butt hurt cause no one EVER agrees with you lol
Maybe he is Kdouche afterall? Seems like everything I post and anyone agrees with he rips that person because he knows you don't hit the tiger cage and expect to not be bitten....Well...Mess with the lions across from my cage and I will still go "eat the villagers" on ya...
We all know you love MooreClipboards and are his ultimate fanboy...Congrats...I was a fan of Jason Gesser...Didn't mean he was an NFL QB and we all knew that even when he came out....One day when he wins the Grey Cup for the Yellowknife Maple Syrups you can say "I KNEW HE WAS THE MAN!".... #CFLMVP #AFLHOF #

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Using the #2 GB offense he single handedly sent the Lions to a Wild Card loss by forcing them to go to NOLA and not NY which was a much better matchup...And yeah...Set records of a franchise that featured multiple HOFers who played QB there including the ALL-TIME LEADING PASSER IN LEAGUE HISTORY...

I think we have talked about this, but that was NOT GB's #2 offense. The only first stringer that was not playing was Greg Jennings due to being hurt.

Here is every Matt Flynn throw from that Lions game. A bit above average, in my opinion, but nothing earth shattering. There are, in fact, several really bad throws.

But I am still excited to see what he's got as a 'Hawk and with more time in the first string offense.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Watched Packers Film ? You mean the 2 1/2 games he was in ? That's like reading 2 chapters of a book and doing a book report on it. You don't the whole story and don't know the ending .

Like 18 said you don't even know what your talking about, your embarrassing yourself , most of us watched that Game ? It wasn't the second team ? Freaking more bullshit , like " My TJ sig was sarcasm " that's easy to say now when its an epic failure, but we had words about that then so your either a pathological liar or you suffer from CRS

And I just love how the mindless debate things, "I have nothing to say so now I'll bash Moore or post a goofy picture of him" ????? Go ahead , he's from your state not mine ! My ties are to the Vandal nation .

Why wasn't Young the starter till Montana got injured? Why wasn't Rodgers the starter until Farve left?
Dumb question...I feel my IQ fell just reading it..

Let me dumb it down for you , why didn't Flynn compete for and beat out AR for the starting job if he's so good . Because we know MM and TT will play the best man for the job . Answer: because he's not that good ! see Phil Simms about that !

Every one says the same thing about Flynn, its a good deal for the Seahawk's and time will tell. Not how great he is , but how they hope this works out , not a glowing opinion of him .

And last but not least I love how you claim this site has changed and people move on, and yet you can't debate with me without calling names and bringing up old shit . I love how on a site with 6-7 guys that post you play star wars and pretend to be some type of an enforcer LOL. Well why not talk sports not shit !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom