• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

We Got Flynn - Official Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Listening to John Schneider with Ian Furness today, sounds like they are expecting Matt to win the job. TJacks ONLY advantage is better knowledge of the playbook. However, Flynn said Bevells offense is almost identical to the offense they ran in GB.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Twenty-twelve, new season, new roster, hopefully better results. Waiting to see the starting offensive line put forth by the coaching staff though. I heard that Gal from Oakland is gone...hasta luego hombre. Who's going to Moffitt up that position I wonder?

OL would likely help the QB help the team more so than another DE would likely accomplish. Appears to me that it's still hard to sustain drives in today's passing NFL if you can't count on a certain amount of running yards per attempt in certain situations at least; that's what is making the Red Bryant phenomenon such a success. Tend to agree that the team is now in the driver's seat for the upcoming draft, and can get either best available player at the time, or cheat on BPA a little bit to fill needs. Wouldn't hurt to be a talented young LB about now either, and the team has a history of drafting really good LB's in the later rounds.

But DE looks pretty thin to me. There isn't no super star that is likely to fall to this team in the upcoming draft, who is likely to end as many opponent's drives, so why not look at extending our team's drives with yet another bulldozer?

Tipping my hat to '94 as he called the Flynn deal quite a long time ago.
That's not an easy thing to call so far in advance.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh. And Whitehurst's deal with San Diego is again for $4 million a year. If Clipboard Jesus gets $4 million a year, I see no problem with the deal Flynn got. Man, what a gig. $4 million to walk the sidelines of an NFL game holding a clipboard.

Reaction score
Oh. And Whitehurst's deal with San Diego is again for $4 million a year. If Clipboard Jesus gets $4 million a year, I see no problem with the deal Flynn got. Man, what a gig. $4 million to walk the sidelines of an NFL game holding a clipboard.
I'd do it for $250k.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Twenty-twelve, new season, new roster, hopefully better results. Waiting to see the starting offensive line put forth by the coaching staff though. I heard that Gal from Oakland is gone...hasta luego hombre. Who's going to Moffitt up that position I wonder?

OL would likely help the QB help the team more so than another DE would likely accomplish. Appears to me that it's still hard to sustain drives in today's passing NFL if you can't count on a certain amount of running yards per attempt in certain situations at least; that's what is making the Red Bryant phenomenon such a success. Tend to agree that the team is now in the driver's seat for the upcoming draft, and can get either best available player at the time, or cheat on BPA a little bit to fill needs. Wouldn't hurt to be a talented young LB about now either, and the team has a history of drafting really good LB's in the later rounds.

But DE looks pretty thin to me. There isn't no super star that is likely to fall to this team in the upcoming draft, who is likely to end as many opponent's drives, so why not look at extending our team's drives with yet another bulldozer?

Tipping my hat to '94 as he called the Flynn deal quite a long time ago.
That's not an easy thing to call so far in advance.

Tip your hat to the mass media , cause it was talked about last season and old news. LOL

S

Seattlehawk94

Tip your hat to the mass media , cause it was talked about last season and old news. LOL

You mean early 2010 when I first said it Ida? When I was saying "Graham Harrell or Matt Flynn" I recall you made a snide remark...Times change, people don't I guess..

Thanks Doug!! We's got a QB...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Ya times change and people don't LOL

I didn't want TJ and I don't want Flynn so if were laying claims to who said what , then I guess its a tie .

If you were in PC and JS's seat, what would you be doing right now? I think it is easy to say I don't want this guy or I don't want that guy, but it is more grey than that.

Idahawk

Reaction score
If you were in PC and JS's seat, what would you be doing right now? I think it is easy to say I don't want this guy or I don't want that guy, but it is more grey than that.

I would be kicking myself in the ass for not having a guy in the pipes , to take the reins. I would fix that situation this draft so I don't have to keep buying every ones back-ups. 3rd times a charm LOL

In other words do something different, because the back up thing isn't working out.

Reaction score
After Luck and RG3 this years QB class is extremely underwhelming. There's not much we can do there, I'd rather have Flynn than Tannehill, or any of the other QBs that will be available to us.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I would be kicking myself in the ass for not having a guy in the pipes , to take the reins. I would fix that situation this draft so I don't have to keep buying every ones back-ups. 3rd times a charm LOL

In other words do something different, because the back up thing isn't working out.

Its easy to be a critic or skeptic to the moves but what alternitives are you suggesting?

The only thing I think the current regime has missed on was last year getting Dalton, but that was a diamond in the rough.

S

Seattlehawk94

Dalton was only good because of Simpson and Green...Without them he is average at best..

Idahawk

Reaction score
After Luck and RG3 this years QB class is extremely underwhelming. There's not much we can do there, I'd rather have Flynn than Tannehill, or any of the other QBs that will be available to us.
Its easy to be a critic or skeptic to the moves but what alternitives are you suggesting?

The Draft ?

I disagree with the it all ending after RG3 , there's 15 Qb's that could be drafted and like Flynn was will be raw and need work. We need to take one of them and get our program going, so this constant turn over at the position ends.

Flynn is a patch not the future

S

Seattlehawk94

Ida: The President and only member of the TJackass Fan Club..

Reaction score
Flynn in way more ready to play in the NFL than anyone in the draft except probably Andrew Luck. He's had years of "work" in Green Bay. I have some pretty big questions about his upside, but he's more ready than any of the other alternatives... Except, like I said, possibly Luck and obviously Manning but those were never really possible altetnatives.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I still think these guys might get a 'project' QB in the draft, if there is value in it. And they are dissiplined enough not to reach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom