• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

We Got Flynn - Official Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
seahawkblitz

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
me too. they said up to 26 mil, only 10mil guaranteed. That's a lot less than I thought he would get prior to free agency. Now I hope he plays great and earns the whole $26 mil!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Oh hell yes! I thought he was a gonner going to miami, and alex coming to sea, today could be the biggest day in seahawks forseeable future! I cant wait for training camp, good move hawks!

CHawks4life29

Huddler
Reaction score
I like, its alot less then we would have paid for a rookie with no NFL games under his belt. Atleast we know Flynn can play lets hope he has a great year. He has the weapons around him now the OL needs to step it up and continue to play like they were at the end of the season. Good day to be a SEAHAWK.... 2012 looking good, now lets get us a LB and a pass rusher.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Front Office already gets an A for FA moves. I hope they can get one or both of our LB's back, and we are set up for a great draft.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I don't see how a teams that says " earn everything " can just hand a nobody 10 million dollars , desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. I guess he's the starter now ?

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't see how a teams that says " earn everything " can just hand a nobody 10 million dollars , desperate times call for desperate measures I guess. I guess he's the starter now ?

I would expect him to be. Maybe, with all.the qb demand out their, we see what we can get for tj?

Idahawk

Reaction score
That's my guess as well , let TJ see if he can give it another shot on another team, he earned it, he took a beating for us and teams may look at the fact that he played injured and give him a chance.

Reaction score
Damn, I was hoping we would draft that really good QB from Boise State. He was going to lead us to the Super Bowl!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
We gave $8.5 million to Clipboard Jesus. We gave $8 million to Tavaris Jackson. I see no problem with guaranteeing $10 million to Flynn. When you think about it, he must have impressed PC and JS on Thursday and Friday because if JS thought he was really that good, you would have heard some trade rumors last year or the year before, I think. Wouldn't you have traded for Flynn instead of Whitehurst?

Idahawk

Reaction score
We gave $8.5 million to Clipboard Jesus. We gave $8 million to Tavaris Jackson. I see no problem with guaranteeing $10 million to Flynn. When you think about it, he must have impressed PC and JS on Thursday and Friday because if JS thought he was really that good, you would have heard some trade rumors last year or the year before, I think. Wouldn't you have traded for Flynn instead of Whitehurst?

It reeks of desperation, and that's never a good thing. Our offer must have been so much better then Miami's that Flynn's agent jumped on it . Why else wouldn't Flynn wait until Manning is signed, its what Smith is doing working the market , hell the deal that Flynn got is what the 9ers are offering Smith. That's a pretty good payday for Who .....oh ya Matt Flynn. I want this to work I really do , but grasping at straws again as we did with TJ doesn't seem to be working , if Flynn sucks then we waste 2 more years ?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
It reeks of desperation, and that's never a good thing. Our offer must have been so much better then Miami's that Flynn's agent jumped on it . Why else wouldn't Flynn wait until Manning is signed, its what Smith is doing working the market , hell the deal that Flynn got is what the 9ers are offering Smith. That's a pretty good payday for Who .....oh ya Matt Flynn. I want this to work I really do , but grasping at straws again as we did with TJ doesn't seem to be working , if Flynn sucks then we waste 2 more years ?

I would probably agree, but what else are we going to do? As long as the money does not prohibit them from doing other things, I am fine with it. What are our other options in the immediate two years and why does this eliminate those options? I am not sure there really are other options.

Decent article: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/thebrewery/2017786125_why_signing_matt_flynn_is_a_sh.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom