• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Trade Matt for Jay Cutler ?

Reaction score
(back on topic) I don't know what Matt has to do to get some goddamn respect from some of these Seattle fans. He's the best QB we've ever had. He led this team to a superbowl and has been a pro-bowl selection in 03, 05, and 07 (every other season, so 09 may follow suit). I cannot believe that people want to sit him for the Midget who cannot see a receiver even if he was wide open, or trade him for someone who's Teammates want to beat him like Private Pyle. Un-Fing believable.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acCLKH8XN8&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acCLKH8 ... re=related[/ame]
The list of QBs I would trade Matt for is a VERY short one that doesn't Include Cutler.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Any time a player is injured this will happen...It doesn't matter who it is....It happened to Tom Brady and Tiger Woods you get injured and suddenly you become weaker or less a player because of it..it's human nature , its not personal...and nobody hates Matt...they just see a weakness in him now that had not been seen before....

Throwing out scenarios of what could happen is just something to do, and in todays game no player is safe....

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Cutler has formally asked to be traded....I wonder what the Bronco's will do ? Lots of teams will be interested..... I guess other teams have called already ..but the Bronco's say they don't want draft picks...What do they want...?

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
(back on topic) I don't know what Matt has to do to get some goddamn respect from some of these Seattle fans. He's the best QB we've ever had. He led this team to a superbowl and has been a pro-bowl selection in 03, 05, and 07 (every other season, so 09 may follow suit). I cannot believe that people want to sit him for the Midget who cannot see a receiver even if he was wide open, or trade him for someone who's Teammates want to beat him like Private Pyle. Un-Fing believable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acCLKH8 ... re=related
The list of QBs I would trade Matt for is a VERY short one that doesn't Include Cutler.

Matt Hasselbeck is not the best QB we have ever had, that distinction belongs Dave Krieg, then probably Hasselbeck and then Jim Zorn.

Reaction score
sigpro said:
vanillathrilla said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6acCLKH8 ... re=related

Matt Hasselbeck is not the best QB we have ever had, that distinction belongs Dave Krieg, then probably Hasselbeck and then Jim Zorn.
You should take off that tard helmet, it's squishing your brain. Matt despite his couple bad years has a higher qb rating than kreig and will never catch kreigs interception number. Matt has only 96 fewer receptions desptie having played a significantly less ammount of time. His comp. % is higher also. Besides all that, how did kreig perform in his superbowl apperance? Oh yeah that's right, he never went. Please go ahead and shut your sewer.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Easy Vanny your getting all bent ....matter of fact I'm guessing by the spelling that your drunk again....We all get your man crush for Hass...just don't read this thread anymore if it gets you all worked up...Trust me some other forums ...are all over this trade deal ...not to many saying its a bad thing...Ruskell will look at this..its his job...Hopefully the Broncos want so much for Cutler that its not in the cards for us.....I think Cutler has the tools ..but not the attitude....if he doesn't like us in three years then what he ask's for another trade.....let the Rams give em Bulger and their 1st pick

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
Easy Vanny your getting all bent ....matter of fact I'm guessing by the spelling that your drunk again....We all get your man crush for Hass...just don't read this thread anymore if it gets you all worked up...Trust me some other forums ...are all over this trade deal ...not to many saying its a bad thing...Ruskell will look at this..its his job...Hopefully the Broncos want so much for Cutler that its not in the cards for us.....I think Cutler has the tools ..but not the attitude....if he doesn't like us in three years then what he ask's for another trade.....let the Rams give em Bulger and their 1st pick

Yeah, but I agree with everything thrilla said... Plus Matt isn't notorious for backwards passes :lol: :lol:.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Yes Vanilla but you have to look at the difference in the times. When Krieg played there was less passing in the NFL and the Seahawks were A solid running team in those days. Since Matt has been here the main focal point of our offense has been passing, roughly 60/40. Dave Krieg never had Walter Jones, yes he had Largent to throw to but Hasselbeck has had more great players around him for longer than Krieg did. Even when Curt Warner went down Krieg threw for like 3,500 yards and 35 touchdowns.

chopperdoc79

Huddler
Reaction score
wow really Dave butterfingers Krieg SERIOUSLY. :lol: :lol: :lol:

When Krieg played there was less passing only cause krieg would always drop the ball, kick the ball, fumble the ball with his girl hands that he has. or better yet throw the ball to the other team look at the int #. Matt is way better then krieg and to put Zorn last are you F'ing kidding me really. What are you smoking i think someone sold you some fake stuff bro

Reaction score
Krieg had Steve Largent. End of story. If Hass had Steve Largent, this wouldn't even be an argument. Now he has a great receiver in TJ... and we FINALLY might have the first pro bowl receiver since the 80s

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
You guys can poke all the fun you want at Kreig...but even with all his short comings, the man still got it done..and gave us fans some great games....he may not have the stats ..but he had heart and you always knew you were going to get a game out him win or lose...an all time great Seahawk

Reaction score
I know I came across like I didn't like Kreig, and that's not the case. He was an underrated QB. You know I just happen to think that third behind Paul Allen's purchase, and Holmgren being the coach, Hass is the best thing to ever happen to the hawks. He may be a tie with Walter Jones though. My all time favorite of course is Largent, but for all his greatness and character he didn't put them over the top enough to go to the superbowl. Whoever we eventually win one with will then obviously be the best team we've ever had.

Reaction score
sigpro said:
Yes Vanilla but you have to look at the difference in the times. When Krieg played there was less passing in the NFL and the Seahawks were A solid running team in those days. Since Matt has been here the main focal point of our offense has been passing, roughly 60/40. Dave Krieg never had Walter Jones, yes he had Largent to throw to but Hasselbeck has had more great players around him for longer than Krieg did. Even when Curt Warner went down Krieg threw for like 3,500 yards and 35 touchdowns.
The stats won't back you up. I could continue this with stats and arguments ect. but I think its just easier to say your head is up your ass. Matt is the best Hawks QB of all time. Even Krieg would tell you that.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Bronco's say the don't want draft picks for Cutler, so they must be wanting a QB for a QB deal......

Very few teams have a QB they may want to deal...Cleveland ? Raiders ? Rams ?

I know the Bucs , Jets, Lions, and even the Vikings may sell the farm for Cutler but if the Broncos don't want picks then they got nothing.

I would Offer Seneca and a draft pick....for shits and grins ....

Reaction score
I think that trade would cause tension in our locker room, like when Matt would have a bad day everyone would be saying to put Cutler in. However If Matt went down again like last season you could have a worse situation than a pro-bowl QB to replace him. I think Cutler with the Vikings is the best fit for both parties. The Vikings would do well to sell the farm for him, and the Broncos wouldn't be trading him within the AFC. The Bucs could use him also, but I don't think they are just a QB away like Minnesota is.

Reaction score
He wants to be traded so the team knows he will cause problems if they don't trade him or they could take the approach like the Bengals did with Ocho Cinco, tell him to sit his ass down and shut up.

I feel like the Broncos will want something out of the deal that will allow them to get a QB that is close enough to the skills of Cutler or a guy they feel is better. The Broncos have been making moves that look like they want to make a run at the Super Bowl this year or a few years down the road.

Hasselbeck will stick around for a few more years and a trade for Cutler would pretty much be like drafting a rookie QB that has to learn the plays and calls and everything before they can make an impact.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
"Hasselbeck will stick around for a few more years and a trade for Cutler would pretty much be like drafting a rookie QB that has to learn the plays and calls and everything before they can make an impact."

WCO to WCO...the terminology may be different ..but same concept...I don't know that it would be a stretch for cutler walking in here or Hass walking in there....We get younger , maybe not better, they get older and better..and can groom their next guy for a few years behind Hass.

Its just stupid enough that Ruskell would look at it....a shot at dumping a Holmgren player,,he may interested

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
I think Cutler will wind up in Minny if he is traded. Might not come though until Draft week.

If the Broncos want a QB ..what will Minne give them Sage ?....I see the Lions and Bucs..players in the first deal that caused all this as the major teams that have things to deal with. Lions the #1 pick and the Bucs have cash

Cutler threw for 300 yards 8 times last season and over 25 TD's and the pro bowl.....some team will sell there soul for cutler

Reaction score
Here is some batshit crazy thinking, what about AZ? They know that Kurt isn't going to be around forever and they don't have a viable backup. They could trade Kurt Warner and Anquan Boldin.

Top Bottom