• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Trade Matt for Jay Cutler ?

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I started the thread and it clearly says...SOMETHING TO PONDER so people are just doing that , talking in if's and speculation

S

Seattlehawk94

hawkfanadam said:
I just can't wait for Matt to shine this year with a better HEALTHY receiving unit and watch him prove all the haters wrong.

You just know WHEN he lights it up this year some of these haters are going be all "Matthew is great, I LOVE MATT!" and shit like that...

If he left he'd take a team to the Superbowl....That's a given, and those haters will be like the douchers in St. Loser this year who cried for Bulger to replace Warner only to change and bash the Lambs after Warner took the Cruds to the Superbowl...

What more does Matthew have to do to get respect? Shit.....Even NATIONALLY he get's credit, yet alot of people here in Seattle somehow think Applesauce is an "NFL QB"....Hell no he's not...He's a midget, straight version of Kordell "Robbie Liberace Alomar " Stewart. He's a fucking gimmick, like the McDLT or New Coke...He's just a fucking gimmick, we'll never WIN with him...He's a .500 QB and basically the equal to a 5th Starter in Baseball, he's just asked not to fuck up too bad and hope the defense behind him saves his sorry ass..

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I personally thought Seneca did well. Probably not a long term starter, but more than capable of winning games. But whatever.

And I liked the McDLT...

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I personally thought Seneca did well. Probably not a long term starter, but more than capable of winning games. But whatever.

And I liked the McDLT...

In my opinion, I think Seneca is a mediocre QB at best. But in our system just does not work, in our WCO we need a pocket passer, Seneca proved he is not a pocket passer, he might do DECENT in another program, but I would absolutely HATE to see him take over as the starter here.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Mediocre? I think he is above average. He is definitely not a franchise QB, but definitely above average. His rating last year was only slightly below Hasselbeck's in his "career year" in 2007.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Mediocre? I think he is above average. He is definitely not a franchise QB, but definitely above average. His rating last year was only slightly below Hasselbeck's in his "career year" in 2007.

You have to also take into account that qb rating is not everything. Remember during Hasselbecks franchise year he rarely turned the ball over in clutch spots or when he did it was usually a mistake by the receivers. Seneca while his rating was good he still turned the ball over in clutch situations, and his lack of pocket presence KILLS him at the end of the game. That is what makes him a mediocre quarterback. Also remember he only started eight games in the season. Being a full time starter all 16 games really does affect your qb rating, that stat is very easy to mess up, and all it takes is a few games, 8 more chances to mess it up. Not saying he is a horrible QB, but his lack of pocket presence and play under pressure worries me.

S

Seattlehawk94

Number 18 said:

If by above average you mean he can throw a football 20 yards ON THE FLY! Then every kid in the Punt, Pass, and Kick is above average.

Dude is a weak....

Like I said...He's Kordell, minus the anal sex with men part....

chopperdoc79

Huddler
Reaction score
wow first people were all hurt with the matthew bashing and now its ok to bash the backup does that make you feel more like a fan to do that? So what your saying is that you want seattle to release seneca and go and sign charlie frye again since we need a backup and we will all have to wait and see if mattys back will hold up this year after he gets popped from the blind side. I can call him matty thats not going to upset anyone in here is it dam.

S

Seattlehawk94

chopperdoc79 said:
wow first people were all hurt with the matthew bashing and now its ok to bash the backup does that make you feel more like a fan to do that?

Yeah, it does actually.....What has Applesauce done for the Seahawks? He's a .500 QB at best, he will NEVER take a team to the playoffs and is basically a stop gap measure for a bad team.

Yet in this town he's a fucking legend or something because he did okay....Whoa.....He did okay! YAY! Let's replace our Pro Bowl QB for a guy who has an arm as strong as a HS Girl and hasn't done shit in his career because his Rating is higher than Matthew's because he can throw a ball farther than 10 yards and therefore won't have as many picks.

Shit....If I was faster...I could be the same as Applesauce, it's not hard to throw screens and 5 yard button hooks all day.

So what your saying is that you want seattle to release seneca and go and sign charlie frye again since we need a backup and we will all have to wait and see if mattys back will hold up this year after he gets popped from the blind side. I can call him matty thats not going to upset anyone in here is it dam.

Who said "release him"? He's the closest thing to a backup we have.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
sigpro said:
Based upon your choice of a screen name I know I never have to worry about you being smarter than me...

Says the douchebag who'd rather have a Diabetic who's never done shit over our QB who took us to the Superbowl.

Nice intro to the Huddle going right after a well liked member.. :lol:

Sigpro, HAHAHAHA...Based on your choice of a screen name I'm guessing you are some sort of faggot who makes sigs and thinks he's cool because he's somehow "mastered" something most of us don't give a fuck about.

Congrats, you make sigs but can't get laid..And congrats on bashing our GREATEST QB and wishing we had a guy who could go into a coma from eating a Pez..Your life is an EPIC FAIL.... :lol:

You know where I stand VT....I borderline want to kill some of you anti-Matthew faggots...Fuck, what does the dude need to do to get respect here? Shit, he's ONLY taken us to the Superbowl and ONLY made the ProBowl many times...He's ONLY on pace to SHATTER every record in Seahawks QB history...He's ONLY in his EARLY '30s at the MIDDLE of his PRIME.

That is not what my screen name means. A Sig Pro is a German made handgun currently being used by the French military and it's the first firearm I ever purchased. Also I am a diabetic and my father died from that disease so lay off the sugar jokes.

S

Seattlehawk94

Ah....A Sig...I get it...Nice weapon, never owned one....Prefer revolvers and Colt ones at that, actually was looking today at buying a Smith and Wesson snub 5 rounder, but I dunno if want a smaller gun like that....Too girly.....LOL....Then again, my girlfriend needs a gun so...

Sorry to offend you about the diabetic jokes....

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
:lol: :lol: Same guy who talks the shit on Shaun Alexander .....defends Matt ..have to wonder about that.....SA did and has done as much for the Seahawks as Matt has done.....you toss one under the bus and defend the other........I guess it comes down to who you like as a player ..I for one learned the lesson on selling my soul to any one player on the team....Matt is expendable.....so is Torry Holt , Ray lewis and ect ect......Good players get dealt all the time..if it was a question of what they have done for their team ..then SA would still be on the roster...It business thats it...... Sigpro welcome....94 your a dick as always

Reaction score
Ida, did you play running back or something? What is your deal with the RB position? I'm not bashing you for it, but IMO you overvalue it. Matt vrs. Shaun and what they did for the team? Are you actually serious about this or just stirring the pot?

S

Seattlehawk94

Easy.....Shauna was a fucking pussy and Matthew isn't...

Shauna didn't do SHIT for the Seahawks, in fact Chris Warren did more for the Hawks than that bitchboy, Shauna had a great line and a great QB so there was no real pressure on him. He's a system RB who did well in our system because the other players carried him.

Shauna wasn't even the MVP of the Seahawks in 2005, Matthew was. Shauna did what he did because in the WCO the PASS SETS UP THE RUN, he was the king of garbage time yardage. Dude is like one of those fools in the NBA who pads his stats in the last 2 minutes of a blowout then claims "I averaged 10 Points a game off the bench"....

As for me being "a dick" as you put it Ida.....Yeah....I'm a HUGE dick...It's actually a compliment so THANKS! :lol:

Gary Johnston: We're dicks! We're reckless, arrogant, stupid dicks. And the Film Actors Guild are pussies. And Kim Jong Il is an asshole. Pussies don't like dicks, because pussies get fucked by dicks. But dicks also fuck assholes: assholes that just want to shit on everything. Pussies may think they can deal with assholes their way. But the only thing that can fuck an asshole is a dick, with some balls. The problem with dicks is: they fuck too much or fuck when it isn't appropriate - and it takes a pussy to show them that. But sometimes, pussies can be so full of shit that they become assholes themselves... because pussies are an inch and half away from ass holes. I don't know much about this crazy, crazy world, but I do know this: If you don't let us fuck this asshole, we're going to have our dicks and pussies all covered in shit!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdq577iClbU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdq577iClbU[/ame]

Reaction score
Yeah, it may not be the toughest place for a back to get stats when your running game looks like NASCAR, go left and again left. We were going left and they couldn't stop it (Thanks for the memories Hutch). If anyone thinks that was because of Shaun that person may just be plain and simple dumb. That is why I want line improvement this off-season, so we can have a running game again.

S

Seattlehawk94

Exactly....Beyonce could've been our OC that year "To the left, to the left.."

:lol:

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Ida, did you play running back or something? What is your deal with the RB position? I'm not bashing you for it, but IMO you overvalue it. Matt vrs. Shaun and what they did for the team? Are you actually serious about this or just stirring the pot?

Your going off on another topic....I am saying 94 claims people don't respect Matt for what he has done for the team, and I say the same was true for SA....so why is it different ? Both will be in the ring of honor , both will remembered as the best ever at their positions for the team...it comes down to personal feelings on the player.

If this topic would have been Trade SA for running back X and SA was in his prime ..then there would the same debate.

You can argue all day about his success being because of the o-line..we will never know, So why waste time when there is no way to debate that.

As far the value I place on RB's ....For the west coast offense a RB is a huge part , and when both the GM and HC of the team say we are going to be a run first team , I would say, that value at that position is very high

94 I apolgize for the name calling

Top Bottom