• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The MLB thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
1998 Yankees were on the verge of firing Torre, but they didn't and went out as one of the winngest teams in a single-season. It's not like football where the first two-three weeks decide your fate.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
Red Sox are 2-6 this year... Do you think that will stick?
Mikwake is 2-6, Arizona is 3-5. Yes, getting off to a bad start is not ideal. But really meaningless in the beginning of the season. Yanks are off to a rough start too. So are the Mets.

In that division I might... I mean The Orioles and Blue Jays look like they're going to be better than everyone though and you also have the AL champs in there. I'm not saying they can't make up 4 games, but that division does look really tough this year...

Same can be said for the Mets. You've got the World Champs, the Marlins are looking GREAT, and the Braves have some really good pitching.

Teams you forgot:

Washington 0-7 (They've played 7 games and they're 6 games back lol)
Cleveland 1-7
San Fransisco 2-5

Do you really think any of those teams are going to turn it around? The Nats are already 6 games back lol.

Obviously it's still early and anything can happen, but it is a rarity for a team to go 1-7 and make the playoffs.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
hawkfanadam said:
Red Sox are 2-6 this year... Do you think that will stick?
Mikwake is 2-6, Arizona is 3-5. Yes, getting off to a bad start is not ideal. But really meaningless in the beginning of the season. Yanks are off to a rough start too. So are the Mets.

In that division I might... I mean The Orioles and Blue Jays look like they're going to be better than everyone though and you also have the AL champs in there. I'm not saying they can't make up 4 games, but that division does look really tough this year...

Same can be said for the Mets. You've got the World Champs, the Marlins are looking GREAT, and the Braves have some really good pitching.

Teams you forgot:

Washington 0-7 (They've played 7 games and they're 6 games back lol)
Cleveland 1-7
San Fransisco 2-5

Do you really think any of those teams are going to turn it around? The Nats are already 6 games back lol.

Obviously it's still early and anything can happen, but it is a rarity for a team to go 1-7 and make the playoffs.

I know I left them out for a reason, all I was saying that the first two weeks don't dictate a season. On the flip side, I do NOT see the Jays and O's holding on to the likes of the Yanks, Sox, and Rays.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
I know I left them out for a reason, all I was saying that the first two weeks don't dictate a season. On the flip side, I do NOT see the Jays and O's holding on to the likes of the Yanks, Sox, and Rays.

Never said they would, but they're going to be better than most people expected them to be. I bet one of those teams finishes in at least 3rd.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
hawkfanadam said:

Never said they would, but they're going to be better than most people expected them to be. I bet one of those teams finishes in at least 3rd.

I don't see that. Yanks with a 200 mil payroll will at least get third, the sox are... the sox, and I don't see the Rays dropping past third. In any other division, maybe, but I don't see it in the East.

S

Seattlehawk94

First off....MARINERS---FUCK YEAH!!!

As for fast/bad starts...

They don't matter in baseball as much as some of you think....Shit...The 1987 Brewers started on a torid pace (look up what they did), and they finished 7 games out of first behind the Tigers and in THIRD PLACE when it was over.

Slow starts....Shit.....It's 2 days past a week of the season...It's way to early to write teams off...

The Giants are a good team...The Nats aren't...I don't see the point in comparing them.

People put waaaay too much stock this early....Real baseball purists have 3 dates they look at...

Memorial Day
4th of July
Labor Day...

Teams in or around first at those times are legit....Until then it's just early...

The M's have a legit shot....I don't see how ANYONE can say that about the Oh's and the Gays in the lEast...The Yankers will finish 3rd, the Sux will contend, and the Rays should win it...

The Oh's and the Gays are just smoke and mirrors...They are both garbage teams in a great division...

Cito Gaston is a damn good manager and it's a shame it took him this long to get back into the dugout (rascism...I believe so...) but he's not going to turn the Gays into contenders with the lineup and pitching he has...The Oh's.....They are going to be good in the future when the ripoff of the Bedard trade (Tillman) get's to the Majors but that's late 2009 or early 2010...

Call me wrong in the Dog Days if they are NEAR 1st but...They won't be....They both will be 10 or so out at the ASG and probably further than that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom