• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The Manning Effect part 1

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I want to keep Red obviously, but if we draft a DE I keep think about how the playing timee would be distributed. I'm not sure there's enough to go around.

It would be lots of situational playing time. The DE we would draft would be more of a "Leo" DE, like Clemmons. So you could have Red/Clemmons, Red/Drafted Dude, Clemmons/Drafted Dude. Red and Clemmons don't play 100% of the snaps anyways, so the playing time would like come mostly at the expense of not bringing back Raheem Brock (or Hargrove or Levingston).

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
The Manning effect has begun , not since Reggie White has a FA hit the market that could change the entire game as we know it .

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about Manning. Honestly, don't think he'll sign with the Hawks anyway. I don't think $ is the number one factor for him and that is about the only advantage we'd have.

I would rather the Seahawks invest in Flynn. Flynn is unproven, but he also isnt 35 with 4 neck surgeries in the last year and doesn't have a stem cell research science project going on in his body. Plus, Flynn will be less expensive. He fits the west coast offense and the system we run much better than Manning.

I know Manning is a more proven commidity, but too land him would require rolling out the red carpet and if it doesn't work out, then I think it sets the Seahawks back. If Flynn doesn't work out, at least he wont require as much of an investment as Manning. Unless of course some idiot team decides to empty the bank account for an unproven guy like the Cardinals did last year lol.... and if Flynn does work out, then we've got our guy for the next 10 years. Just my two cents.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
We have more then money to offer. Seattle is a nice city, very beautiful . The v-mac is probably the best work out facility in the NFL , the stadium and fans are first rate and Manning would be far removed from the media hype that would be in bigger markets. And a young and talented everything Like in Indy he would be the biggest game in town. That said I think that we have little chance of getting him but I hope he at least pays a visit. Could you imagine the prime time games we would get ......

Whats going to happen is whomever doesn't get Manning will go big time for Flynn and Flynn ( his agent ) knows that so he will wait until Manning is off the books before he agrees to a deal effectively driving his stock up higher then Kolb's. So Flynn would not be as cheap as one would think . You would pay top dollar for an un- proven QB.

They both seem like gambles in ways , but you have to put money on Peyton HOF Manning for 3-5 good years.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
We were on top of the running until it was anounced that P. Manning wants to go to the AFC, that way he doesnt have to knock off his superbowl winning bro, or vise versa. Which makes sense to me, family first, but I think that puts us down on the list. So I hope we A.) get manning or B.) he goes to Maimi, cause if he goes to Maimi then we will have the best chance AT THE MIGHTY FLYNN!!

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Marshall Faulk is the one who announced that Manning would not play in the AFC. They have played each other before I see no issues with them playing against each other , odds would be very low that in the 3-5 years that he would play that they would actually meet in the playoffs. And even so their football players they live to compete . Marshall Faulk is simply guessing based on having played one season with Manning ? He doesn't know shit .

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah I think the NFC East is probably out, but other than that, I don't think he cares. Or if he does, it is more likely because it is his familiarity with the AFC over the NFC. Eli already has two rings. Peyton has one. I do not think Peyton gives a shit if he stands in his little brother's way for a third.

Reaction score
We play the giants once every three years, its possible to face them more if we finish in the same place in our respective divisions... But we really don't play them that often.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Manning is on the Broncos private jet and plans to visit Arizona , haven't heard anything about a Seattle visit.

Colts are shopping DE Dwight Freeney , I wonder if you grabbed Freeney you could get Manning ?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
More then just Marshall Faulk saying that.
If payton were to come to seattle, the chances that we and giants would be in the playoff hunt, all three years is very high, and therefore chances that knock eachother out would be high. i think its a factor, maybe 3 or 4 on the list.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Peyton or his agent didn't say so it really is a mute point , its just conjecture like the rest of Manning Fest 2012. You don't think that the NFL schedule gawds won't have Peyton and his new team going to the world champions ? That game is already booked .

I see it like this

They would play in the regular season too, no matter AFC or NFC . Is either Manning going to stress that by beating their brother they could maybe cost them their division or a losing record ? It sounds all peaches and cream and like something that Peyton would think about , but the proof is that he is going to Arizona so he cares very little about being on an NFC team .

They say that he doesn't want to play for Miami , because he doesn't want to face Tom Brady twice a year ? Nothing could be farther from the truth. If you want to be the best you want beat the best. Manning wants to win another superbowl be that legend that rides off into the sunset and becomes the host of MNF or coaches in Indy. Tom Brady or Eli or nothing will stand in his way. He either has to play his own brother or his old team . Its about finding a team that he can win with now and being comfortable, I don't see him being diva enough to demand Reggie Wayne or Jeff Saturday where he lands , but I'm sure teams will offer and why not help out your buddies .

The good news is that he went to Denver so outpost cold weather teams are not off the list yet .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Az is going after him hard, but dispite them having Fitzgarld and good D, I would say Broncos have the best chances to get him. Denver is most talented team of the bunch save for a QB. Good organization and coaching.

Reaction score
Sounds like he's narrowed it down to Denver or Arizona. Apparently he's turned down multiple request by the Seahawks to come out to Seattle for a visit. Well then... fuck him! I hope he doesn't sign with the Cards, cause that'll pretty make them division favs if he's healthy. If he does, I hope we play them week 1 and end his career!!

Pete and JC better figure shit out at QB, cause if TJack is our starter in 2012 with Manning QBng the cards, we'll be lucky to get 3rd in the division.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I heard Seattle and KC out too, well I hope we get flynn on Tues.
I say let the cards have him, they have cap issues, not a good line, and they have to let their LT Levi Brown go, so he's gonna get his ass sacked, and he will be facing 4 good defences in 2012 sea, sf.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Exactly ! and he would come back to his home state, all would be right in the world, hawks win the SB and everyone would live happily ever after.

Reaction score
I was being sarcastic when I said Locker, Idk about szat... can't tell by his post lol

I wonder how many years Matt has left in him. If the hawks don't go after Flynn, I wouldn't mind bringing Matt back to compete with TJack. Would be cool if he retired a Hawk.

Top Bottom