• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks trade for Whitehurst

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
We got a FB
When schmitt played he always either made a great block or caught the ball. Never could figure out what the hell Mora saw in JG.

Draft a QB next year
Find a blocking TE somewhere
Let's find a LS that will stick around for at least 1 yr

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;46538 said:
QB, FB and TE too.

We don't need a TE I forgot about Carlson, I'm not sure how I forgot our best draft pick in the last five years! (besides Lofa) Jury is still out on QB, though I think Whitehurst will be good.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
ummmm no
he out played that worthless guy that started but only came in what 6 times a game

bcopeland

Huddler
Reaction score
Looking at the available quarterbacks this draft season, picking up Whitehurst was a good investment. He's was coached the west coast offense that meshes well with Carroll's style. And it'll free up some money for much needed offensive linemen, rather than paying 1st round money to a rookie QB.

Reaction score
There was probably a chance that they would have taken a QB in the 1st or 2nd round this year, but now that they have Whitehurst they won't. That also rules out Jake Locker.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46555 said:
ummmm no
he out played that worthless guy that started but only came in what 6 times a game

First of all, define out played. I want evidence. Prove it to me. Was it his 6 receptions for 21 yards in the 11 games he played? Or his 0 yards on 0 attempts rushing?

And second of all, even if true, outplaying Griffith DEFINITELY does not make you a good player...

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Number 18;46562 said:
First of all, define out played. I want evidence. Prove it to me. Was it his 6 receptions for 21 yards in the 11 games he played? Or his 0 yards on 0 attempts rushing?

And second of all, even if true, outplaying Griffith DEFINITELY does not make you a good player...

Makes the coaches look stupid. Go look at the film when he was in. He BLOCKED EVERYONE

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
He did seem to give more effort than Griffith.

I like Schmitt he may not be the most talented Fullback in the league and he's definitely not the smartest but he plays with intensity and brings it on every play.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't have access to all the games (unless you'd kindly like to lend them ;)), but I don't seem to recall anyone ever commenting on Schmitts performance except for the time he bashed his head open.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;46583 said:
i still amtrying to figure out to this day why we let leonard weaver go

something about his agent saying they were gonna get a long term deal around 3.5-4 per year. That and his reluctance to blocking.

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;46583 said:
i still amtrying to figure out to this day why we let leonard weaver go
From what I remember he was more of a receiving fullback and wasn't that great at blocking. The amount of money he wanted was probably a big factor too.

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;46579 said:
I don't have access to all the games (unless you'd kindly like to lend them ;)), but I don't seem to recall anyone ever commenting on Schmitts performance except for the time he bashed his head open.

Not very often people get excited about a blocking FB on a 5-11 team.

The helmet smash was a ploy to get seattle on prime time television.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
knownone;46595 said:
Not very often people get excited about a blocking FB on a 5-11 team.

The helmet smash was a ploy to get seattle on prime time television.

If we are a 5-11 team and there is something good going on, wouldn't someone point it out?

Top Bottom