• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks trade for Whitehurst

Reaction score
is scary. Just heard he is going to get a 5 mil/yr contract!!!!????? He is what 28 and a 3rd stringer. IMO that means he is what he is.... a clip board holder :ranting:

Plus I just heard the Tapp trade was to get another pick to trade to SD!?

This sounds like a Ruskell deal all the way.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46237 said:
is scary. Just heard he is going to get a 5 mil/yr contract!!!!????? He is what 28 and a 3rd stringer. IMO that means he is what he is.... a clip board holder :ranting:

Seems like the front office likes Whitehurst a lot. As long as they don't give up more than a 4th round pick in compensation I'm fine with the signing.

Reaction score
#ONE;46241 said:
What has this Whitehurst guy done to warrant a 4th round pick??
Nothing, he hasn't thrown in a regular season game. The Chargers put a 4th round tender on him, so if the Seahawks want him they'll have to give up a 4th in compensation.

Reaction score
Yeah, they did. Someone on Twitter said something about the 4th round pick and Charlie Whitehurst so I was thinking they put a 4th round tender on him.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
What is Anderson looking for $$ wise? Makes no sense. Plus he is a FA and we could keep the picks.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
apparently whitehurst looked really good in preaseason games, he just hasnt got a chance since hes behind one of the best qbs in Rivers

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46282 said:
What is Anderson looking for $$ wise? Makes no sense. Plus he is a FA and we could keep the picks.
There are reports that Anderson has signed with the Cardinals. I've also been reading that Whitehurst wants to come to Seattle. Seattle would have to trade to get him though.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
we cannot sign him, only trade for him because he has a 3rd round tenure. hopefully we could give em branch thatd be great

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANY7ZipBA2w&feature=related"]YouTube - A Tribute to Charlie Whitehurst[/ame]

Some of his college stuff, cannot find a whole lot on him. He was apparently popular before the NFL and never got his chance to be a starter. Kinda worried about the compensation we will be given considering many of our other needs.

Seems to play under center not just shotgun which is something we have been looking for. Has some mobility on him as well. He seems to take off when under pressure. Sadly his line in this video does an amazing job most the time giving him plenty of time...he will not see that in Seattle. At least he is fresh from all the bench time.

Wish they had a video of all his faults, so I could see where he struggles.

http://sdg.scout.com/a.z?s=102&p=9&c=2&cid=952728&nid=4189336&fhn=1

(Some more info on him and his accomplishments so far in NFL and College.)

http://nfldraft.rivals.com/cviewplayer.asp?Player=215#scouting

Here is his scouting report. You can also find his college stats using the statistics tab...they are not exactly pretty all the time.

HollywoodLeo

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46237 said:

To be fair, he's only a 3rd stringer because he's behind one of the best starting QBs in the NFL and also behind one of the better back up QBs in the NFL.

That being said, I don't know why you guys would sign him to 5 mil per just yet.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Good sized QB, seems he one of his struggles was throwing INTs.
Least say his stats.

His tender is 3rd rnd which we dont have so I think the hawks are persueing a trade option for him, at least I hope I would hate to give up a draft pick (4th), that would mean we traded tapp for him and Eagles semi DE. Bad deal.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
even though the video that was posted was a highlight film, you have to like what you see. he has a quick release, good pocket presence, great mobility, adequate arm strength, great accuracy on medium to deep routes, and can throw on the run. he is only 27 years old and to me he has all the tools to make a GREAT QB in this league. if we trade for him i still see hass being the starter for another year but by the time hass is done i can see him being a great replacement. especially if the line is going to be fixed between this year and next year. i may be alone on this one but i would not mind trading a 4th round pick to get him because i really believe he is going to be a great quarterback when he gets his chance to start.

Reaction score
John Clayton is reporting on ESPN 710 the two sides are finalizing a deal that will send Whitehurst to Seattle.

Deal is reported to go like this:
We receive:
Chargers 2nd-round pick in 2010
QB Charlie Whitehurst

Chargers receive:
Seahawks 2nd-round pick in 2010
Seahawks 3rd-round pick in 2011

Reaction score
According to reports his contract would be $10 over 2-years. If this is true I don't think he's being brought in to be a back-up or jersey on the sidelines. Either he's going to start and Matt is back-up or he's starting and Matt is let go. I don't see them making this deal for a back-up.

Top Bottom