• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Gameday Thread: Seahawks @ Steelers - 9/18: Week 2 (LOSS 24-0)

Who will win?

• Seattle Seahawks

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Pittsburgh Steelers

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
Bob, put down the damn kool-aid and open you eyes for once!! At what point do you stop being such an optimistic and start being a realist? Pete build this team to lose.

Reaction score
btw, I DO NOT like the change to gray quote bubbles.... looks like a fucking black and white TV.... QUIT changing shit on this site for the sake of CHANGING IT!!!!!

Reaction score
Bob, put down the damn kool-aid and open you eyes for once!! At what point do you stop being such an optimistic and start being a realist? Pete build this team to lose.

What moves to you look like they were intended to make this team lose? Getting rid of Matt? There's a very real chance he would be on IR already if he stayed here. I don't see any short sighted moves where they're bringing in talentless back ups to start... Well except at QB, but like I said before that move makes sense. Its just not fun to watch. Yes, they did pick an opportune time to start bringing in a bunch of young players. I don't see how that's a bad thing, it needed to be done. What are they supposed to do? Wait for a year where there's nothing particularly special waiting at the top of the draft?

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Why did PC and JS sign Sidney Rice if their plan was to build a losing team? If anything, they're adding good receivers and building a line for the future QB (Luck, Barkley, Jones, etc).

Reaction score
The signing of Rice was more of a long term signing... he's young and if he stays healthy, hopefully he'll be around for a while. I'm saying the built the team to lose THIS year. Pete wants a top pick... the fact they didn't pick any QB in the draft or try to sign someone better than Jackson is writing on the wall for me.

Bob, Hasselbeck would have about half the sacks. He gets rid of the ball when there is pressure. Yeah he'll throw more picks, but he also takes more chances and actually makes plays. See (NO @ SEA 2010 wildcard playoffs).

Pete is NOT stupid... he brought Jackson in knowing well enough that he has NO chance of winning with him. He's got everyone believing he THINKS he can win with him.... Its all lip service.

This is what I think.... Pete and John decided to draft a couple Offensive linemen to shore up the line (smart), even though Carpenter may have been a reach, I still think it was a good pick... time will tell. Draft a couple big and fast DBs, good LBs (Both Smith and Wright seem like they've got potential to be solid guys) Also, added a good WR. Durham seems to be catching on fairely quicly, he's got about half the catches after week 2 that Tate had all last year.

Next step, let Matt walk, sign Tarvaris. Now I don't know if Pete was a Math major, but I would guess the probability of getting the first overall pick with TJack @ QB has to be pretty darn good.

Now fast forward to next years draft, with the first overall pick, Seahawks select Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford. Then Pete trades up and drafts Barkley too.... how about a Luck vs. Barkley competetion in camp? That sounds pretty good. Ok, I doubt he'll do the latter.

Now the 2012 Seahawks with Luck under center will be a whole different story. Hopefully Gus Bradley gets fired and we get someone in here that knows how to run a real defense. Rushing four and dropping everyone back every play is NOT good defense.

Anyways, I'm done. PEACE!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
RW- I had said 3 wins preseason I see no reason to change that prediction.

#ONE- It may seem really bad on defense yet we are ranked #10 in team defense . 12th in passing and 15th against the run, this will only keep getting better and and better as the year goes on. These guys are going to have a break out game and blow someone up and then its on ! Right now the O-line is effecting the defense as much as the offense with T.O.P and that needs to change very soon.

We will need a strong defense next year to keep us in games as our new Qb gets broke in , its the right way to do things just painful to watch and listen to all the shit.

Oh my, look at the optimism spewing from Ida hawk, wow.

@#ONE- If PC is trying to the throw the season, then he would have thrown the game last year to the Rams, that dropped like 15 spots each round. Its foolish and career limiting to play for draft picks, we've covered that many, many, many, other posts. Just ask Jim Mora Jr.

Reaction score
The signing of Rice was more of a long term signing... he's young and if he stays healthy, hopefully he'll be around for a while. I'm saying the built the team to lose THIS year. Pete wants a top pick... the fact they didn't pick any QB in the draft or try to sign someone better than Jackson is writing on the wall for me.

Bob, Hasselbeck would have about half the sacks. He gets rid of the ball when there is pressure. Yeah he'll throw more picks, but he also takes more chances and actually makes plays. See (NO @ SEA 2010 wildcard playoffs).

Pete is NOT stupid... he brought Jackson in knowing well enough that he has NO chance of winning with him. He's got everyone believing he THINKS he can win with him.... Its all lip service.

This is what I think.... Pete and John decided to draft a couple Offensive linemen to shore up the line (smart), even though Carpenter may have been a reach, I still think it was a good pick... time will tell. Draft a couple big and fast DBs, good LBs (Both Smith and Wright seem like they've got potential to be solid guys) Also, added a good WR. Durham seems to be catching on fairely quicly, he's got about half the catches after week 2 that Tate had all last year.

Next step, let Matt walk, sign Tarvaris. Now I don't know if Pete was a Math major, but I would guess the probability of getting the first overall pick with TJack @ QB has to be pretty darn good.

Now fast forward to next years draft, with the first overall pick, Seahawks select Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford. Then Pete trades up and drafts Barkley too.... how about a Luck vs. Barkley competetion in camp? That sounds pretty good. Ok, I doubt he'll do the latter.

Now the 2012 Seahawks with Luck under center will be a whole different story. Hopefully Gus Bradley gets fired and we get someone in here that knows how to run a real defense. Rushing four and dropping everyone back every play is NOT good defense.

Anyways, I'm done. PEACE!

Maybe, but Tjack has escaped quite a few potential sacks when the defense got quick pressure where Matt may have taken a big hit. One in particular against the Vikings where Jared Allen ran free past Polumbus sticks out. Either way you wouldn't be getting a very effective Matt Hasselbeck. Sadly, its better for him and the long term success of this team for him to be elsewhere right now. Oh and don't forget Baldwin to your list of key rookie additions, I know he wasn't drafted but he's already had a bigger impact than any of our other rookies.

I NEVER said I thought this team can win with Jackson.I never even said I liked the move. I simply said I understand the move. There's something to it, was there other alternatives that could have made this team better this season? Probably, but because they're installing a new offense on a severely shortened offseason they brought in a QB familiar with the system. Which makes sense, it helps everyone else learn the offense faster.

This team was not built to win this year, I don't know if that necessarily means it was built to lose. Either way I hope Pete doesn't get shown the door before he's done shaping this team.

I think the problem with the defense (Not saying its not Bradley, I haven't really formed an opinion on him yet.) is the absence of another pass rusher. Clemons is good, but undersized, same with Brock. We don't get consistent pressure though, its basically quick pressure or no pressure at all. Then obviously the offense needs the O-line to gel, a QB, and I think a RB.. I've done a complete 180 on Lynch.

Idahawk

Reaction score
MH wanted starter money and got it elsewhere . And surrounding him with rooks would not be fair to a guy that did so much for the franchise and city . He has a much better O-line (see CK2k) then we ever gave him thus the improvement in numbers . TJ got 8mil yet thats with incentives he will never get or he's cheap and tough as PC is so quick to point out, which means he's a punching bag. We grabbed Rice and Miller because we could and had to spend money but don't be shocked if they both are hurt and play very little this year, wink wink.
As far as being optimistic after I realized the plan and realized we were never going to be better then a 500 team with the last years roster I'm good . Guys that are getting a shot a starting this year better play well or else.

I sold my Ravens game tickets and re booked my rooms for late July next year . And I'm root for the Bills this year !

Reaction score
Spew all the kool-aid you want... still not going to believe that Pete honestly thought he had a dying chance to win more than 2 games with Jackson. Making excuses about learning a new system for MH is bullshit. He went to a completely new team. Learned a new system.

As far as Rahaeem Brock being undersized... he's listed at 6'4" 275lbs.... Just cause he's not 330lbs like Red, doesn't make him undersized.

I've seen enough of Bradley... there is a lot of young talent on this defense and he isn't utilizing them. I have said in the past that maybe he's just a formality since Pete is a defensive minded coach. Honest question, but did Holmgren have an offensive coordinator when he ran the offense here?

Anyways, I am not mad that they are throwing the season. I just want you guys to quit making excuses for this sorry ass team. I'm still gonna watch every game, and root for the Hawks...

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think much like the offense the defense will take time . Bradley was hired by Mora Jr on the advise of Monte Kiffin and the fact that he was retained by PC really shows that he is good at what he does. I'm sure PC had him make some changes and so that was to be worked out yet . But bank on this D being special by years end.

You don't keep your job here long if your not getting it done .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
We grabbed Rice and Miller because we could and had to spend money but don't be shocked if they both are hurt and play very little this year, wink wink.

LOL! that probably happens more then ppl realize.

So you have excepted that this is going to be a shitty season and we are rebuilding, anything more the 4 wins will be a pleasant suprise, and you cant stand see us getted HOUSED when Baltimore comes to town. Im with you, I gave my cinnci tickets to my sis, and told her, "at least you'll get to maybe see a good game!"

@ Bob- Brock undersized? Not... maybe next to Red.

@ One- You think we are under-utilizing our defensive talents.... I think we are WAY under utilizing our offense weapons. What happened to play the hot hand? Tate was looking better in pre-season, why is obo in there more then tate/durham/butler? Those guys have more playmaking ability IMO. And why arent we using Leon Washington more as scatback, draws, flats, screens, pitches, wheels, whatever, just get him the goddamnfuckingfootball would ya for petes sake? And miller a pretty good blocker but gethimthegaddamnfootball! See what some of these guys can do.

Reaction score
Down 30-0 Now THAT'S special....We suck...But we knew we would....Better than being paper "champions" like your team...

Paper champions. I like that LOL

Where the hell have you been bro?? This place has been a bit dry without ya. The occassional rants from me, or Ida... but other than that it's been too quiet.

S

Seattlehawk94

Smoking pot.....LOL....J/K

Comp was fucked up....But I'm back....

Reaction score
Maybe the Rams will get the first overall.... at least they don't need a QB and maybe we trade them for it :)

Top Bottom