• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Mini Camp this weekend.

Reaction score
Hear hear on the Shauna hating. We should retire that number as a cursed number, not for being a good player. Better yet, It should be worn by the practice squad player most likely to be cut ever year. They should paint it on the inside of all the Quest urinals so we can all piss on it at halftime.

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Hear hear on the Shauna hating. We should retire that number as a cursed number, not for being a good player. Better yet, It should be worn by the practice squad player most likely to be cut ever year. They should paint it on the inside of all the Quest urinals so we can all piss on it at halftime.
They should put Shauna's face on the back of the urinals and inside the toilets. They also should have 37 printed on toilet paper. :D

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Deon Butler - #85
Aaron Curry - #59 (Obviously)
Courtney Greene - #37
Justin Griffith - #33
Ken Lucas - #29
Cameron Morrah - #43
Mike Teel - #14
Max Unger - #60
Nick Reed - #98
David Hawthorne - #57 (Used to be #59)
T.J. Duckett is now #44, used to be #45. (Ryan Senser is now #45, Long Snapper)
Cory Redding - #94
Colin Cole - #90
John Owens - #47

LAhawkFAN

Huddler
Reaction score
In time Shauna will likely be honored, but probably not retired number. Not sure if he is HoF either. Now Mack Strong... That's a different story.

Ring of honor and Hof.

Krieg was hated by a lot of fans too. After time passed those emotions change and the numbers do a lot of talking.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I am stuck in Texas so wouldn't be able to get out there. Seahawks play twice in Texas this year got my tickets for Dec 13th Hawks play Texans. Still need get the one for the Cowboys, but damn their tickets are expensive! I have to make the trip from Corpus Christi, but the trips are only 4 hours each way to Houston and 8 to Dallas. All worth it to see my Hawks!

Alexander.....every time I hear his name I spit on the ground. Gives him an excuse if he slides on my spit instead of all day long on a dry field with noone near him. *spit*

Idahawk

Reaction score
We were a better team with SA running the ball then we are now or will ever be with JJ.

If we had a pre injury SA on the roster today , hands down we would be superbowl bound.

With JJ and Duckett..two washed up scrubs cut from other teams we don't even know if we can run the ball...you guys will be wishing we had SA in prime back on the field, and don't give me any of that " Oh give JJ a chance " BS because if we can't cut a former MVP and the all time best RB in Sea history some slack then JJ should be ran out of town on a rail for the way he ran last year . I think I'll call him Marion Jones for running like a girl

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Idahawk said:
We were a better team with SA running the ball then we are now or will ever be with JJ.

If we had a pre injury SA on the roster today , hands down we would be superbowl bound.

With JJ and Duckett..two washed up scrubs cut from other teams we don't even know if we can run the ball...you guys will be wishing we had SA in prime back on the field, and don't give me any of that " Oh give JJ a chance " BS because if we can't cut a former MVP and the all time best RB in Sea history some slack then JJ should be ran out of town on a rail for the way he ran last year . I think I'll call him Marion Jones for running like a girl

First, neither Jones or Duckett were cut from their previous teams. Second, Jones ran better than Morris did last year and better than Alexander did in 2006 or 2007. Fix the O-Line continuity and most of the rushing problems will be solved.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Whatever , beatout of the job , cut, all the same in my book . point is SA in his prime was a better player then JJ will ever be and would maybe even still be on our roster if not for the Hutch move and the injury..not his fault in either case...and all these guys that cry foul and say he got paid and played dead..thats pretty easy to judge from the arm chair , yet nobody remembers how stat happy SA was and that he would have loved to broken ever record out there , because of his ego and yes he had a large ego..so to say a guy like that would just lay down ??? I don't see it....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Well sure in his prime. But saying he might still be on our roster if he had not gotten injured or Hutchinson had not left is the same as saying Jones might have gotten better if Marion Barber had never showed up. You just cannot string a bunch of "what-ifs" together. It does not work like that.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Ida I agree with you on all of your points about Shaun.

I have kept quiet during all this bashing, because as a new cat on these forums the last thing I wanted to do is have everybody hating me.

I knew Shaun personally from Church. He is a great guy, and like Ida said the guy was beat up. He broke his foot in 06 and the guy still ran for 200+ yards against GB in 06 on a broken foot! Please tell me that he was soft for doing that... I would like to see anyone run for 200+ yards on a broken foot while getting hit by LB's and DE/DT's. Considering he was injured and missed several games he still put up respectable numbers in 06.

In 07 he fractured his wrist in the first game, he still continued to play. Now guys you have to realize the RB position is not like CB where you can wrap up your hand and just beat guys with it. As a RB you are constantly getting beat down by some big MOFO's! Even with the injuries Shaun wanted to play. Is it his fault that in 06 and 07 besides Walt our line was a piece of shit and 90% of the time on running plays there were 4 defenders in the backfield before Shaun even got the ball?

Again, I don't want to insult you guys. But how many of you can say on here truthfully, on your mother or her grave that you weren't all cheering for Shaun in 05 and before and then jumped off the wagon and started booing him after he started struggling??

Plus this is just what happens to RBs. When they get into their 30's and get injured they plummet like the stock market.

Look at LT...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I never said I did not root for Alexander. I merely pointed out that Jones has had some success and people rush to crucify him just like they do Alexander. Put Jones behind the line Alexander ran behind and I bet his numbers would be significantly better.

Which leads into what I said above. Fix the line and the run game will instantly be better.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Bro I never said anything bad about Jones.

I even said I agree with Ida on the SA issue, didn't say I agree with the stuff he said about Jones.

Mike obviously played favorites and he knew it was his boy Mo's last year and he wanted to give him a chance to put up some big numbers during his contract year.

Also, I can think of very few games where we weren't playing from behind. Thus forcing us to throw the ball (incompletions) and all but abandon the run. Most games were 40 to 15 Pass to Run ratio.

Jones expressed his feelings to Mike about both those things on National TV.... big mistake.

He rarely saw carries since then.

He also fumbled a few times too many. But that can be corrected.

His yard per carry avg was 4.4 I believe and the only 2 times he touched the ball 20 times or more he put up 100+ numbers and TDs.

Hopefully with the addition of Unger to the OL and a healthier unit overall Jones will shine.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I never said I did not root for Alexander. I merely pointed out that Jones has had some success and people rush to crucify him just like they do Alexander. Put Jones behind the line Alexander ran behind and I bet his numbers would be significantly better.

Which leads into what I said above. Fix the line and the run game will instantly be better.

I thought you said " whats ifs " aren't fair ???? putting JJ behind our old line seems like a what if to me ;) how come you get to do it and I don't ?

And #One don't worry about speaking your mind here Bro..we have this SA fight 2-3 a year as with many other topics we repeat every so often LOL, and if you get pissed just take her to the hoe down and give em a piece of your mind,,,, its all good

Idahawk

Reaction score
My best friend in the world is a huge Cowboys fan and I have suffered many a season watching cowboy games early and I have watched JJ run for years now.....sorry if your foolish enough to believe that re vamping the run game into a zone is the answer..because its not....JJ in his prime runs like SA did at the end of his career and always has..he has no heart...and because we paid his sorry ass we are stuck....he is a pay check running the ball...could care less about a superbowl or rushing title..just pay him his money and he will cash the checks......and if he does break out.. :lol: :lol: then he would go all Thomas Jones on us and want more money.....trust me teams don't just let good backs walk even dallas isn't that stupid

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I can say I was cheering for the Hawks and not Alexander in 05. I am the only Hawks fan of all my friends (including a 49er fan) and we always debated about Alexander.

I was afraid the entire season that Alexanders numbers would keep him around instead of Hutch. Personally one of my favorite positions in the game is RB. Here is my ideal RB.

5"9-5"11 220+ Balanced back. Alexander fit this part. Next you say does the kid have heart? What drives him? Alexander did not pass this part too me. He was a player driven by money and once he got it was doing everything he could to shy from hits. I do not respect him in the least.

All of my friends reveared Alexander, not I. I cheered on LT to break Alexanders TD record and watched and cheered as he did. I did not want a pussy RB like Alexander to hold any significant record. He has no heart and doesn't deserve it.

This doesn't mean I did not want the Hawks to succeed, I love my team and have stuck them before Holmgren and now after. This does not mean I blindly say YAY to everything we do. If I do not like something we do or a player we get I will say so. Also, I like everyone else have favorite players that may not be on our team. I root for those players (unless they play my Hawks!).

Also, don't feel inclined to hold your tongue around me or anyone else. If this community is as much like me as I believe then we can all take critisism and all have our own opinions about players and staff. I am glad to have you here with us even with your loyalty to Alexander.

GO HAWKS!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Bro, if you can hook up with passes that would be sweet.
Would be cool to make the trip and meet some of the huddle peeps.
Count me in for that sure, VMAC looks awesome.

Seattlehawk94 said:
Nope....Mini Camps aren't visible to the public---on land---if you know someone with a boat you can see the whole thing...

They will open it this year for TC which will be the first time since Cheney they've done that...It's going to be limited in terms of people allowed in though...

I'm going to try to get them to set us up here at the Huddle with some passes so we can all go one day and get a tour and such....I'll fill everyone in on details the closer we get to that time...

And yeah....No matter how many other people get up in here, passes will be for members here who've been around during the offseason.

Kinda a "Thank You" to people who are true BLUE (and GREEN) and stay on this site even when it's not football season..

Reaction score
Your going to have to understand that in some peoples opinion Ida underrates the importance of OL and Overrates the importance of RB. I'm one of those with that opinion. You can make all the logical arguments that you want but It will end in the same place. It comes down to his personal opinion, and that's fine with me (but there was some minor arguing before I reached peace with it)

Top Bottom