• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Interesting difference between these two QB's

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Since the game is this week NFL network is replaying the Seahawks vs 49er games.

Having already rewatched these games several times on DVR. I actually believed I could not gleam any additional information from these two teams...but I think I may have found something odd.

I don't know, maybe it's minor on the surface, but I also found it very strange.

When Wilson is on the sidelines when the 49ers have the ball on Offense he does what every QB I've ever seen in the NFL do, he studies the formation photo's from the previous series defense. He goes through the book and marks up the looks and schemes from the previous possession. Just typical NFL QB activity right? Nothing special about that.

Only difference I noticed is that Kaepernick does not study defenses during the game.

Kaep stands on the sidelines and watches the defense play football like he's a spectator. I even fast forwarded a game to try and catch him in the book and I could not find a single shot of him studying the defense. Is there any wonder he has multi-INT games? How can he play without that info?

In my opinion this guy is crazy to not be studying defensive formations during a game. Is he that much of a gunslinger that he doesn't need to do the mental work? He's not that good. How could he play without that extra effort? It seems bizarre to me.

I think this kind of preparation is the key to winning. How he doesn't do this prep work is astonishing.

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't know how thorough your study was but if it is indeed the case then thats why Kaepernick has the happy feet. That schtick won't bode well for a long NFL career. Think Vick. Running QBs out of the pocket don't last long and have even less success. Defensive players are too fast these days and defensive coordinators scheme better too. Interesting observation Blue.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I don't know how thorough your study was but if it is indeed the case then thats why Kaepernick has the happy feet. That schtick won't bode well for a long NFL career. Think Vick. Running QBs out of the pocket don't last long and have even less success. Defensive players are too fast these days and defensive coordinators scheme better too. Interesting observation Blue.

I went through 4 games. Two Seattle games and the Green Bay and Carolina games. It's strange I never noticed this before this week because it's such a common activity for QB's. He just watches like a fan. :tdown:

Maybe my sample group was too low. lol

SF 16 8 80

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't know. If you are watching the game on TV, you are only seeing a small percentage of what's going on on the sidelines. The fact that the TV producers don't show it for some reason during the games you have seen does not mean it's not happening. The guy is not a gunslinging veteran who has the clout to do whatever he wants to do. He's still relatively young and new. I am sure he does what his coaches tell him to do.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't think Kap is as complete a QB. Like SF says he does what he is told to do. Which fits into Harbaughs style.

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
If he loses this game will they be calling for his head?

I think so. I heard them calling for his head after the first loss to Seattle 9-15-2013.

They are a microwave expectation fanbase. They want the results NOW!

OP
BleedsBlue12

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
I confirmed my observations about Kaep with my cousin who is a diehard Niner fan.

As he put it, Kaep doesn't ever read defenses photo's during the game. He stated that fact bugs him and a few other fans he knows because he's basically not putting in the work.

He also said that Kaep is basically immature and had to stop receiving his twitter feed because Kaep tweeted too many responses to hater tweets he received, instead of just ignoring them.

It's funny that even some 49er fans see he's immature.

Top Bottom