• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Matt Flynn Official Discussion Thread

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Draft Stock That's a lot of people making educated guesses as to why a guy is a 1st or 2nd round pick or a 7th round pick. I'll side with the 1000's of people that looked at Flynn and said back-up.

I feel this is one of the foundations of your argument and while it is legit, one of its foundations is that Flynn sat there and did nothing for 4 years behind Aaron Rodgers, which I think is faulty.

I'll STFU about it , if after this guy we can agree that 3 and out is enough with back-ups. LOL

Here's the link on Miami offer , I heard it on NFL network as well , but it could be BS.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/seah...t-hawks-nearly-doubled-miamis-offer-to-flynn/

Deal. :) I just hope we don't get to the 3 and out point.

I hadn't heard about the offer amount for Miami. Thanks for posting that. I think there are a lot of reasons why Miami, even with Philbin there, lowballed him, some of which may be directly because of Flynn, others not.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I feel this is one of the foundations of your argument and while it is legit, one of its foundations is that Flynn sat there and did nothing for 4 years behind Aaron Rodgers, which I think is faulty.

Can I call him Clipboard Alexander Supertramp ? J/K

I'm sure he worked very hard and he certainly was ready to play when he got his chance with GB.

I see the coaches and GM attended Osweiler's pro day so were still looking could be a 3 horse race .

Deal. :) I just hope we don't get to the 3 and out point.

I hadn't heard about the offer amount for Miami. Thanks for posting that. I think there are a lot of reasons why Miami, even with Philbin there, lowballed him, some of which may be directly because of Flynn, others not.

TwilightError

Huddler
Reaction score
Well, last time Flynn waited for his chance behind another quarterback, when he finally got his change, it resulted in national championship... It does not matter at all what caliber QB Flynn was when he was drafted four years ago. What matters is his abilities now. And those we will see next season. No reason not to have high hopes! This is what is different from last preseason.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
LSU is pretty good draft stock usually. They win first by being more physical than their opponents. If I were a QB looking for a college, would I think twice if the opportunity was given? Nope & give me the big guys up front.

Other schools (oregon & washington for example) are likely to go with a speed game to try and compensate for their lack of physical presense at all positions. Point is, not all collegiate carreers are equal either.

Bottom line is...Does the QB utilize his team's strengths, exploit his opponents weaknesses, can he deliver the football and make good decisions much more often than bad decisions. Bad decisions will likely happen early on...See John Elway, Terry Bradshaw, the immortal Rick Mirer, Super Man Kelly Stoufer, etc.

...Add in is the right talent around that QB to allow it all to happen successfully. I don't believe the talent is where it needs to be week in & week out, but I'm ready to admit that the team got the best option available, and give him time to mature.

That usually takes more than one season. Pittsburgh fans hated Bradshaw during his first few years, and that was before Denver fans hated Elway during his beginning years, and look how that turned out for the both of them. All that said...

Once they stacked the o-lines & got great running games to compliment, their teams won Super Bowls. High Hopes!

Reaction score
Nah, work computer. The link takes you to the Seahawks Daily vid. The video I tried to post was the 'Press Conference: Matt Flynn'.

Top Bottom