• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

hate to be clichè, but...

What is our biggest need this offseason?

• Future QB

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • RB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • WR

• TE

• OL

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • DE

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • DT

• LB

• CB

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Safety

• Total voters

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;53990 said:
Amen TW....Couldn't have said it any better myself...

Sorry if I missed it, but do we have a FA list? I'm thinking we might need to franchise tag 8. I remain very concerned that his value is higher with other teams (Baltimore, KC, Minnesota, Miami, Denver, Arizona and San Francisco) than with our current FO.

S

Seattlehawk94

If you franchise Matthew is salary is going to be in the 10-12 million range...He'll stay for much less..

Reaction score
Im pretty sure you cant franchise tag anyone this year because of the CBA....... Thats what i heard at least.

Correct me if im wrong.

S

Seattlehawk94

You can but only after the CBA is signed....The F/A, Draft Pick Signings, and Franchise/Tranny tag will be given extentions once it's signed....

Say they sign it in May...They'll push everything back to July 1st....If it goes till September, they' probably start a short season in October (no preseason) and basically give the whole month of Sept. to roster moves...

IF it goes to October we are getting close....They'd be willing to do it like 1982 (no divisions basically a 10 game season with the best 8 teams in each conference in a playoff format)...If it goes to November--they would take away the Superbowl bye week and play an 8 game season...That is the farthest they'd go....If it's into Novemeber there will be NO season, not even a short one....I have a couple of sources that work in Sports Biz that gave me that tidbit...Wanted to post it later, like AFTER the Superbowl but....I guess now is as good a time as any...

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;54003 said:
If you franchise Matthew is salary is going to be in the 10-12 million range...He'll stay for much less..

:idea:

Hate to bring up bad memories, but if we don't franchise him and he becomes a FA, then he can sign wherever. Like Hutchison. Let's try and extend him before he becomes a FA. If he won't extend, than tag him.

He can still sign elsewhere, but than we get compensation.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
twelvewins;54033 said:

Hate to bring up bad memories, but if we don't franchise him and he becomes a FA, then he can sign wherever. Like Hutchison. Let's try and extend him before he becomes a FA. If he won't extend, than tag him.

IF he can be taken at his word, he'll sign here anyway and a little more dough will not matter because HE SUPPOSEDLY LOVES IT HERE. If he has any integrity, it won't matter. Come on--once you're making five million a year, an extra million or two is just BS. The average person won't even make a million in an entire lifetime.

I'm sick and tired of these hypocrites talking about their "love of the game" from one side of their mouths and then whining about not getting paid enough from the other. (I'm not talking about entry-level and being promoted to the big league.) In this economy, where more people have lost their homes and jobs in the WORST fiscal disaster in 70 years, bitching like a spoiled rich girl that you're "only" making seven mill while Joe Shlabotnik is getting eight is friggin' stupid.

I am one of the planet's biggest supporters of Capitalism but there's a difference between that and just plain greed. (See Bernie.)

S

Seattlehawk94

twelvewins;54033 said:

Thanks for telling me that in F/A players can go whereever they want...Didn't know that tidbit in my 30 years of knowing sports...And the tidbit about the Franchise thing was really good to learn....Hmmmm....One day I hope I can figure out what that thing they pass and carry that has laces on it is....Another lesson for another day I guess....lulz

If you franchise him he's going to get 14.7 Million if Manning and ConVick sign for what they've been offered (probably will be more)...I'm the biggest fucking Hasselbeck homer up in here but even I don't think he's worth anything NEAR that...

You can get Kolb for less if needed....But...

He's staying and it will probably be in the 3 years at 5-7mill per with around 10 as the SB...

Top Bottom