• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Golden Tate on NASCAR

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
You took it off topic and personal. Come on, where is the martyr card? I thought you were done with this?

Reaction score
LOL i miss this.

Also Nascar drivers can totally be athletes, just like school teachers and Janitors can be athletes, but their profession does not make them athletic.

On the other hand a professional football player or a professional soccer player has to be athlete to be in the sport. Thats my opinion

IDA why you got your panties all in a bunch over this does your Wife who happens to be your Cousin drive NASCAR or something?

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Come on lets get the debate back on NASCAR. Please do not continue with personal attacks, thanks.

Reaction score
The fact that I'm post this article off bleacherreport makes it all the more worthy.

Clearly all NASCAR fans us the same logic when identifying whether or not NASCAR is a sport. I love the first rant, explaining why NASCAR drivers are in fact, "athletes".

"I will be the first to admit that a NASCAR driver does not have the physical talent that someone like Tony Romo or Kobe Bryant may have. They may not be able to throw a ball 60+ yards or dunk a basketball 10 feet off the ground. But can you sit there and tell me that Tony Romo would be able to get into a stock car and drive for 4 hours at 180+ mph? How about Kobe Bryant?
No."
Same logic as Ida, "physical athletes can do this, and that, but can they drive a car fast?!" -- Cool.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/28688-so-you-say-nascar-isnt-a-sport

Reaction score
Funny thing is we agree on that part, we're not like Cartman saying that to be successful in NASCAR you only have to be poor and stupid lol. We're acknowledging that it is a very challenging and physically draining thing to do. But in no way, shape, or form is driving a car athletic.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Funny thing is we agree on that part, we're not like Cartman saying that to be successful in NASCAR you only have to be poor and stupid lol. We're acknowledging that it is a very challenging and physically draining thing to do. But in no way, shape, or form is driving a car athletic.

That's great , south park and the bleacher report I forget sometimes that I'm dealing with kids , no wonder this keeps just going on and on after all points gave been proven !

Reaction score
I don't see how referencing South Park discredits anything I said...

Because sports science is a respectable counter-argument..

Sports Science is cool. Having good reaction time and being fit are great and all, they're only good atributes for an athlete to have but having those atributes doesn't make you an athlete. Bottomline is driving a car, as challenging as it may be, does not make nascar drivers athletes. I'm not saying a nascar driver can't be an athlete, I'm sure some of them were probably pretty good athletes in high school. But I don't consider driving a car under any circumstances an athletic activity.

Reaction score
I don't see how referencing South Park discredits anything I said...

Sports Science is cool. Having good reaction time and being fit are great and all, they're only good atributes for an athlete to have but having those atributes doesn't make you an athlete. Bottomline is driving a car, as challenging as it may be, does not make nascar drivers athletes. I'm not saying a nascar driver can't be an athlete, I'm sure some of them were probably pretty good athletes in high school. But I don't consider driving a car under any circumstances an athletic activity.

It depends on the episode. The only ones that I've really liked is the one with Fitz and Brees. The rest (that I've seen) are full of a bunch of useless information.

Top Bottom