• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Golden Tate on NASCAR

Reaction score
ath·lete

[ath-leet]

–noun
a person trained or gifted in exercises or contests involving physical agility, stamina, or strength; a participant in a sport, exercise, or game requiring physical skill.
NASCAR drivers need good stamina, but I don't think stamina alone makes them athletes. Working out won't do anything to help them win. The only people in NASCAR who could be considered athletes are the pit crews. If they workout more they'll be able to get the cars out the the pits quicker.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Funny it's second only to football in fan support so not to many people hate on it , and they do race on road courses or make right turns for the blockheads , again ignorant and uneducated comment and it's only boring to those who don't get it or have never taken the time to learn , and the 5 time in a row current champion is and lives in California so all the red neck hillbilly comments are as stupid as most here.

I've had this fight with the narrow minded tools here many a time , they call soccer fun and a sport , yet the worst NASCAR race packs in more spectators then 5 soccer games and a 0-0 tie or a lame ass game ending on a PK is cool , lol

Whatever , take you pussy football asses to a NASCAR board and talk shit it's easy to hide here and single out one fan .

And your 2-2 victory well let's see you have control and can do what you choose and your the winner ? Ooooooooooo big man , jackhole

Look IDA, we can go back and forth and clearly you are a big NASCAR fan. Yes a lot of people like it and yes they do have road courses a few times a year. But calling it the second most popular sport in America is a joke.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2011/01/Jan-25/Ratings-and-Research/Harris-Poll.aspx

As you can see from the above link, NASCAR is the #4.

However, some of your statements about Soccer is pretty funny. In the US it is #7 but in the WORLD it is #1. Not sure if you followed the men's world cup, but it was a MASSIVELY popular event in the US. Go ahead and go to youtube and watch the 100s of videos of bars across the country exploding with cheers at a few goals scored. Never seen that with NASCAR... ever... but I am sure you can find me a random youtube video to prove me wrong.

If you can not understand the above video, we really do not have a basis for further debate. And just to be clear Soccer is probably my #4 sport.

So again, to each his own...

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Don't let him derail the topic. Something's popularity and how many people attend an particular event still have no bearing on whether the participants are actually athletes. I like Fenom's post. NASCAR drivers need stamina for sure, strength could be argued, but their agility is limited to slinking in and out of the car door's window at the beginning and end of a race.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Do you see any big , fat out of shape drivers ? No , if it's so easy why can't anybody do it ?

You think working out doesn't help the drivers ? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard off , go crawl under a rock and hide your dumb self! Geezus

Ever drive a go cart for multiple laps ?
Did you get arm weary ?

Yes you did !

Definition

Stamina - thats a given

Strength - hold a wheel at 200 miles per hour on huge banked corners for 500 miles and 4-5 hours

Both shaq and ochocinco said it was the hardest thing they had ever done and that was at half the speed !

Motocross riders sit on a seat and just drive , you think their not athletes ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Look IDA, we can go back and forth and clearly you are a big NASCAR fan. Yes a lot of people like it and yes they do have road courses a few times a year. But calling it the second most popular sport in America is a joke.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2011/01/Jan-25/Ratings-and-Research/Harris-Poll.aspx

As you can see from the above link, NASCAR is the #4.

However, some of your statements about Soccer is pretty funny. In the US it is #7 but in the WORLD it is #1. Not sure if you followed the men's world cup, but it was a MASSIVELY popular event in the US. Go ahead and go to youtube and watch the 100s of videos of bars across the country exploding with cheers at a few goals scored. Never seen that with NASCAR... ever... but I am sure you can find me a random youtube video to prove me wrong.

If you can not understand the above video, we really do not have a basis for further debate. And just to be clear Soccer is probably my #4 sport.

So again, to each his own...

Why do all you grass ferries think that Americans give a rats ass that it's # 1 in the world , americans don't like soccer , I don't like soccer . Just because millions watched one game that has no bearing on how many are actual fans and how many watched for national pride and USA spirit . How many non football fans watch the Superbowl ? I didn't watch that game , I think I watched a documentary on the life cycle of a slug at least it had some action!

Soccer blows , it was introduced to the U.S as a way for boys and girls and kids of all skill levels to be able to play together because some softy said it was good for kids , they don't keep score and everyone gets a trophy and a hug , puke ! It's for the little puny guy that can't catch and isn't big enough for football !

NASCAR was at # 2 when I last checked years ago . So never the less it's listed as a SPORT , so pound sand

Reaction score
That's great, driving a car is challenging and some of the drivers are in really good shape. Doesn't make them athletes.

Not to nitpick, but motocross riders don't actually sit down the majority of the time. Not that motocross is really comperable to nascar anyways.

Idahawk

Reaction score
That's great, driving a car is challenging and some of the drivers are in really good shape. Doesn't make them athletes.

Not to nitpick, but motocross riders don't actually sit down the majority of the time. Not that motocross is really comperable to nascar anyways.

Where doesn't a race driver fit the definition of athlete ? Because what they don't run ? Soccer players only use their legs are they half athlete ? It's stupid .

If motocross riders are athletes , then explain Travis Pastrana and Ricky Carmichael who now are driving in a NASCAR series , are they now not athletes ?

You guys have nothing and the more you press the stupidity the worse you all look . Sorry it's just time to pack it in , just like Tate did !

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I never saw where you addressed the agility portion of a NASCAR driver's race. I am not sure how you can call someone stupid, an idiot, and whatever else you did when you only address 2/3 of their argument. I also do not think you really get that no one is saying that driving in a NASCAR race is not challenging or does not require strength or stamina.

I am climbing Mount Rainier this weekend. It requires a lot of strength, a tremendous amount of stamina, and I guarantee more agility than sitting in a car for X amount of laps. But I do not consider myself an athlete. But it is closer to an athlete than driving a car is.

I think one thing about NASCAR that does not get it done for me is there is a car. That artificial component cheapens it for me. That's my own personal sentiment, but a big reason I do not personally consider it a sport or the participants athletes.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
But at the end of the day we all have to admit, NASCAR drivers make CRAZY amounts of money. :) I would ask Jeff Gordon if I could borrow a dollar our two.

Reaction score
Thank you for countering my argument where I said motocross riders are athletes.... I'll go change that, just as soon as I find it.

Idahawk

Reaction score
First of all, it's not second to football, it's 4th to college football, if we're sticking to North America according to the interwebs. If you're talking globally, then it's even further down... Which brings me to my next point, you're implying that Soccer is less of a sport than NASCAR, yet you're indicating that popularity of the activity signifies whether or not it's considered a sport? Do you REALLY want to go there? Europeans love two things, Soccer, and fast cars. If you said that in Europe, even they would actually kill you.

Secondly, lets go call people uneducated, then proceed to use the wrong 'you're' -- and put spaces after our commas, and question marks, among other "uneducated" responses.

Not one to call someone out, but I do believe in justification, and this justified a response.

First of all it is a sport , you can't show anything that says it's not a sport.
Second - second of all the topic is athletes .
Third - I'm on tap a talk on I phone and barely see what I'm writing and really don't care about spelling or punctuation

Idahawk

Reaction score
I never saw where you addressed the agility portion of a NASCAR driver's race. I am not sure how you can call someone stupid, an idiot, and whatever else you did when you only address 2/3 of their argument. I also do not think you really get that no one is saying that driving in a NASCAR race is not challenging or does not require strength or stamina.

I am climbing Mount Rainier this weekend. It requires a lot of strength, a tremendous amount of stamina, and I guarantee more agility than sitting in a car for X amount of laps. But I do not consider myself an athlete. But it is closer to an athlete than driving a car is.

I think one thing about NASCAR that does not get it done for me is there is a car. That artificial component cheapens it for me. That's my own personal sentiment, but a big reason I do not personally consider it a sport or the participants athletes.

Fine all three points covered and more posts on one topic then you losers can muster in 3 months , lol

Agility is the ability to change the body's position efficiently, and requires the integration of isolated movement skills using a combination of balance, coordination, speed, reflexes, strength, endurance and stamina.

If your really not sharp enough to see where agility comes into play at 200 mph , then maybe going up a mountain is a bad call on your part !

I'm done with this !

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Ya'll done ticked ole Ida off!

This is what I think of when I think NASCAR....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyfxgL4AFWg

Yeeeeeehhhhaaaarrr!

You found a video of Idahawk. Nice job.

Fine all three points covered and more posts on one topic then you losers can muster in 3 months , lol

Agility is the ability to change the body's position efficiently, and requires the integration of isolated movement skills using a combination of balance, coordination, speed, reflexes, strength, endurance and stamina.

If your really not sharp enough to see where agility comes into play at 200 mph , then maybe going up a mountain is a bad call on your part !

I'm done with this !

That's not the definition of agility. Maybe you should quit posting from your iPhone until you've figure out how to properly use it. For continually calling people stupid, you are not proving any kind of intellect. Frankly, I am surprised you have even continued to argue for this long rather than pulling out your martyr card that you like to play all the time.

Reaction score
First of all it is a sport , you can't show anything that says it's not a sport.
Second - second of all the topic is athletes .
Third - I'm on tap a talk on I phone and barely see what I'm writing and really don't care about spelling or punctuation

?? .....

Pretty sure you're the one who brought on the "sport" and where it lies within the standings of the general public.

Idahawk

Reaction score
You found a video of Idahawk. Nice job.

That's not the definition of agility. Maybe you should quit posting from your iPhone until you've figure out how to properly use it. For continually calling people stupid, you are not proving any kind of intellect. Frankly, I am surprised you have even continued to argue for this long rather than pulling out your martyr card that you like to play all the time.

Now,Now,Now Red !

Your going way of topic and getting personal . I just copied and pasted that definition from wiki . I guess their wrong !

I know phones are a touchy subject for you and I'll try harder to become an expert like yourself .

Oh and that video , Im pretty sure that's some of your kin folk from central Washington , isn't it ?

Reaction score
Now,Now,Now Red !

Your going way of topic and getting personal . I just copied and pasted that definition from wiki . I guess their wrong !

I know phones are a touchy subject for you and I'll try harder to become an expert like yourself .

Oh and that video , Im pretty sure that's some of your kin folk from central Washington , isn't it ?

Not that I'm saying the definition you got was wrong, but who honestly gets their definitions off wiki?

Top Bottom