• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Golden Tate on NASCAR

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You mean holding your pee for a few hours doesn't count as being an athlete? (not sure if they can go in the car or not, lol, shows how much I know about NASCAR)

Reaction score
I agree with Tate as well. And if they really badly have to go, maybe they just relieve themselves in the car?

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Idiots , you sit in a car at 140 degrees , going 200 miles an hour and see how long you last !

Sure, give me a couple million so I can compete with those guys and I will show you how to drive a car. 2 for 2 today IDA...

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
No one said it wasn't tough. There are a lot of tough things in this world. Are fighter pilots athletes?

Reaction score
So competing in something and being nationally televised makes someone an athlete?

So that means people that compete in:

Yo-yoing
darts
Golf
Billiards
Poker
Spelling Bees
Game shows
and Reality Shows

Are all athletes?

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
do fighter pilots fly competetively and are they nationally televised

Haha. Really? Naw. I'm sure fighter pilots just lackadaisically go into dog fights thinking, "Meh, whatever." Yeah. No competition when you are fighting for your life. :rolleyes:

As for being televised, I'm not really sure what difference that makes in a person being an athlete or not. To go to the other end of the spectrum from bob's example, there are plenty of athletes that are rarely, if ever, televised.

The point was just because it is tough and physically demanding does not mean the person is an athlete. Sorry.

Reaction score
I'm with youse fellas. People dub just about anything these days as a sport and it supposedly makes everyone an athlete. Not taking anything away from competitive driving. It's hard as hell. I could never be able to do it but that doesn't make them athletes. Sorry

Idahawk

Reaction score
Sure, give me a couple million so I can compete with those guys and I will show you how to drive a car. 2 for 2 today IDA...

Who are you ? And what does 2 for 2 mean ?

First of all a couple million couldn't get you a crew chief in NASCAR

Also I see that moron Tate went on Sirius radio and apologized lol

By the way Michael Waltrip and several other drivers run marathons for fun Let's see David Ortiz do that ???

And you call yourselves sports fans talking out your ass , when you know nothing about the topic. Go to a race it's more fun then a football game 3-4 times the people and non stop action

just shows how ignorant and steriotypical some so called sports fans can be

Reaction score

By the way Michael Waltrip and several other drivers run marathons for fun Let's see David Ortiz do that ???

And you call yourselves sports fans talking out your ass , when you know nothing about the topic. Go to a race it's more fun then a football game 3-4 times the people and non stop action

Lets see Michael Waltrip and several other drivers hit a 95 MPH fastball.

NASCAR is as much of a sport as rock/paper/scissors. Sure you can be skilled at turning your car left at 200+mph for 5,000 laps. Doesn't mean you're an athlete. Some people are really good at eating oodles hot dogs in record timing, but to call them athletes is on par with calling a NASCAR driver an athlete.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
When does fun that the spectator is having have any bearing on whether the performer is an athlete?

Fun is totally subjective.
boring-nascar-bustedtees.jpg

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

2 for 2 was referring to your other thread/post that I deleted and your current NASCAR rant because people disagree with your NASCAR views.

And I am sorry, watching left turns all day is not my idea of fun. If it is for you, awesome, to each his own.

Finally, just people hate on NASCAR(and a lot of people do) doesn't mean they are ignorant sports fans. That would be as dumb as me saying everyone who likes NASCAR is fat, wears beer stained shirts and has a mullet. See my point???

Idahawk

Reaction score
2 for 2 was referring to your other thread/post that I deleted and your current NASCAR rant because people disagree with your NASCAR views.

And I am sorry, watching left turns all day is not my idea of fun. If it is for you, awesome, to each his own.

Finally, just people hate on NASCAR(and a lot of people do) doesn't mean they are ignorant sports fans. That would be as dumb as me saying everyone who likes NASCAR is fat, wears beer stained shirts and has a mullet. See my point???

Funny it's second only to football in fan support so not to many people hate on it , and they do race on road courses or make right turns for the blockheads , again ignorant and uneducated comment and it's only boring to those who don't get it or have never taken the time to learn , and the 5 time in a row current champion is and lives in California so all the red neck hillbilly comments are as stupid as most here.

I've had this fight with the narrow minded tools here many a time , they call soccer fun and a sport , yet the worst NASCAR race packs in more spectators then 5 soccer games and a 0-0 tie or a lame ass game ending on a PK is cool , lol

Whatever , take you pussy football asses to a NASCAR board and talk shit it's easy to hide here and single out one fan .

And your 2-2 victory well let's see you have control and can do what you choose and your the winner ? Ooooooooooo big man , jackhole

Reaction score
Funny it's second only to football in fan support so not to many people hate on it , and they do race on road courses or make left turns for the blockheads , again ignorant and uneducated comment and it's only boring to those who don't get it or have never taken the time to learn , and the 5 time in a row current champion is and lives in California so all the red neck hillbilly comments are as stupid as most here.

I've had this fight with the narrow minded tools here many a time , they call soccer fun and a sport , yet the worst NASCAR race packs in more spectators then 5 soccer games and a 0-0 tie or a lame ass game ending on a PK is cool , lol

Whatever , take you pussy football asses to a NASCAR board and talk shit it's easy to hide here and single out one fan .

And your 2-2 victory well let's see you have control and can do what you choose and your the winner ? Ooooooooooo big man , jackhole

First of all, it's not second to football, it's 4th to college football, if we're sticking to North America according to the interwebs. If you're talking globally, then it's even further down... Which brings me to my next point, you're implying that Soccer is less of a sport than NASCAR, yet you're indicating that popularity of the activity signifies whether or not it's considered a sport? Do you REALLY want to go there? Europeans love two things, Soccer, and fast cars. If you said that in Europe, even they would actually kill you.

Secondly, lets go call people uneducated, then proceed to use the wrong 'you're' -- and put spaces after our commas, and question marks, among other "uneducated" responses.

Not one to call someone out, but I do believe in justification, and this justified a response.

Top Bottom