• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Flynn was railroaded

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Flynn played less than 2 quarters. 3 scorong drives and handed off at least 75% of the plays. Looked like someone didn't want any big pass plays.

Calm, cool and collective He still passed 11 of 13, 102 yards and a TD.

Flynn's last 3 plays were all the same, pass plays. It looked to me like he was making a statement. Quickouts, a play that would seriously challenge a shorter QB like Wilson. Flynn takes 1 step drops, Wilson needs at least 3 before he can clearly see the reciever.

Wilson is a fantastic athlete but there is a reason why height is a fundamental key to success for a NFL QB. He has found ways to overcome his height but the fact remains, it limits him. If it goes south I sure hope PC is man enough to admit his mistake and apolygize to Flynn. I'm sure the 12th man will voice it loud n clear if he doesn't.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
If our offense was based largely on one step drops (it is not), we might have a concern.

Why were Wilson's numbers against second and third stringers not good enough, but it is okay to use them to support Flynn?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well it looks like when we have a meaningless game at the end of the year after Wilson has led us to a first round bye that Flynn will be ready to work his back up magic.

Cmoney

Huddler
Reaction score
Flynn played less than 2 quarters. 3 scorong drives and handed off at least 75% of the plays. Looked like someone didn't want any big pass plays.

Calm, cool and collective He still passed 11 of 13, 102 yards and a TD.

Flynn's last 3 plays were all the same, pass plays. It looked to me like he was making a statement. Quickouts, a play that would seriously challenge a shorter QB like Wilson. Flynn takes 1 step drops, Wilson needs at least 3 before he can clearly see the reciever.

Wilson is a fantastic athlete but there is a reason why height is a fundamental key to success for a NFL QB. He has found ways to overcome his height but the fact remains, it limits him. If it goes south I sure hope PC is man enough to admit his mistake and apolygize to Flynn. I'm sure the 12th man will voice it loud n clear if he doesn't.
dont forget drew brees is the same size as wilson...

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
You know Brees is a big reason why I'm holding out hope for Wilson. Quite a few simularities.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
It's only a conspiracy if you don't agree, the truth is out there.

I agree that the truth is out there. I just think the truth does not happen to be the picture you have painted about Carroll solely on the basis that the guy you wanted to start is not. Unfortunately, we cannot test out my theory that your tone would be markedly different about Pete Carroll if Flynn had won the job.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree that the truth is out there. I just think the truth does not happen to be the picture you have painted about Carroll solely on the basis that the guy you wanted to start is not. Unfortunately, we cannot test out my theory that your tone would be markedly different about Pete Carroll if Flynn had won the job.

I can't say Flynn is really the better QB either.

From what we have seen both QB's have proven themselves capable. Flynn just doesn't make a good fit for PC's personalty.

I don't trust anything PC says since the Hass statement and the 1 year deal insult for the priority offseason resigning of a veteran QB. In the end, Hass just didn't fit into PC's plan. Ever since he ran out of USC claiming his innocence I've thought PC might just be a flim flam man selling his cure all tonic but I've bought into it and now I'm waiting to see if the pain will really go away.

If you think the Titans overpaid for Hass feel free to ask them.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I can't say Flynn is really the better QB either.

From what we have seen both QB's have proven themselves capable. Flynn just doesn't make a good fit for PC's personalty.

I don't trust anything PC says since the Hass statement and the 1 year deal insult for the priority offseason resigning of a veteran QB. In the end, Hass just didn't fit into PC's plan. Ever since he ran out of USC claiming his innocence I've thought PC might just be a flim flam man selling his cure all tonic but I've bought into it and now I'm waiting to see if the pain will really go away.

If you think the Titans overpaid for Hass feel free to ask them.

I just don't think the 1 year deal was an insult. I love Hasselbeck. But I actually applaud the current organization for doing what so many other Seattle teams have failed to do: know when it is time to move on. I also think you should not base your trust of Carroll on his statements regarding Hasselbeck. Had the lock out not occurred, I think there was real chance Hasselbeck would still be a Seahawk. The lock out adversely affected a lot of things, the deal with Hasselbeck one of them.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I just don't think the 1 year deal was an insult. I love Hasselbeck. But I actually applaud the current organization for doing what so many other Seattle teams have failed to do: know when it is time to move on. I also think you should not base your trust of Carroll on his statements regarding Hasselbeck. Had the lock out not occurred, I think there was real chance Hasselbeck would still be a Seahawk. The lock out adversely affected a lot of things, the deal with Hasselbeck one of them.

Given the choice, I would've rather had Hasselbeck this year and last than Clipboard Jesus, Mighty Flynn, and Taragic Jokeson.

I think Rdub would agree too. As much as he likes competition, we could use some cooperation too.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score

The Titans knew when it was time too. They picked up a veteran QB who could mentor as well as carry the team if needed and signed a rookie QB. Pretty smart move.

Horses don't get spooked with blinders on too but I think I'll leave mine off.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I would love to ask Hass how that all went down. I don't see a life long football guy like PC not having Hass in on what they were doing and what they were thinking and allowing him to make a choice. Everyone knew when PC came in it was to rebuild, Hass knew that too and maybe he didn't think he had 2-3 more years in him to wait to win again with a young team and if he could survive that long...who knows. Bottom line is that it wasn't sneaky at all it was more about fit and what the team and Hass both needed at that time and place. Turns out Hass only had one year left so it was a smart move on his part to go get paid. Thats football.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I would love to ask Hass how that all went down. I don't see a life long football guy like PC not having Hass in on what they were doing and what they were thinking and allowing him to make a choice. Everyone knew when PC came in it was to rebuild, Hass knew that too and maybe he didn't think he had 2-3 more years in him to wait to win again with a young team and if he could survive that long...who knows. Bottom line is that it wasn't sneaky at all it was more about fit and what the team and Hass both needed at that time and place. Turns out Hass only had one year left so it was a smart move on his part to go get paid. Thats football.

http://seattle.sbnation.com/seattle...ck-seattle-seahawks-contract-tarvaris-jackson

It's always good to get the whole story.

"Pete Carroll and John Schneider called Matthew -- the first time they've called him all day -- and said, "Hey listen, we appreciate all you've done for the organization, but we're gonna go in a different direction." He was really appreciative that Pete and John extended that courtesy and called him, but without a doubt a lot of disappointment in his voice. He wanted to remain a Seahawk and finish his career, but it's not gonna happen. It's part of the deal."

It was sneaky and Hass was a perfect fit for what the team needed at the time. Just ask the Titans.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/8/28/3274880/matt-hasselbeck-trade-titans-mike-munchak

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
http://seattle.sbnation.com/seattle...ck-seattle-seahawks-contract-tarvaris-jackson

It's always good to get the whole story.

"Pete Carroll and John Schneider called Matthew -- the first time they've called him all day -- and said, "Hey listen, we appreciate all you've done for the organization, but we're gonna go in a different direction." He was really appreciative that Pete and John extended that courtesy and called him, but without a doubt a lot of disappointment in his voice. He wanted to remain a Seahawk and finish his career, but it's not gonna happen. It's part of the deal."

It was sneaky and Hass was a perfect fit for what the team needed at the time. Just ask the Titans.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/8/28/3274880/matt-hasselbeck-trade-titans-mike-munchak

It was not sneaky. The organization had no obligation to even call him at all. He was a free agent. Hasselbeck could have easily chosen to come back for the one year deal. Stop making it sound like some great injustice was done to Hasselbeck.

OP
sprhawk

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
It was not sneaky. The organization had no obligation to even call him at all. He was a free agent. Hasselbeck could have easily chosen to come back for the one year deal. Stop making it sound like some great injustice was done to Hasselbeck.

Seriously, did you even read the links? How was it not an injustice.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6...awks-tarvaris-jackson-agrees-deal-sources-say

1) Matt resigning is this offseasons first priority.

2) The one year $7 mil offer (to your priority resigning) was made prior to the lock out. It was not reoffered after the lockout when he was informed they were going in a differnt direction.

3) How could you not call that offer to the QB that led you to 5 division champion, your only confrence championship, holder of almost every Seattle QB record and 3 time probowler an insult?

Top Bottom