• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Alex Brown for Rob Sims?

Reaction score
Kerney is not going to retire. We will probably cut him. If this giy Brown is the shit then offer a 7th round pick. Wait until he is cut and you will get in a bidding war with the 8 or so teams that want him.

Reaction score
phaZe;46735 said:
I forgot he had a 4th round tender on him. The only way the Seahawks can get a 3rd round pick would be if they included someone else. Maybe Branch?

1st rounder and we throw in Spencer :nhl_checking:

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I don't like it at all...yeah he's consistenet and all but he is injury-prone and he's old. If we want to rebuild, we have to look at younger players. He won't cut it...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46755 said:
1st rounder and we throw in Spencer :nhl_checking:
bears dont have a 1st rounder. which is sort of the reason they were so aggressive in free agency acquiring peppers and taylor.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;46761 said:
bears dont have a 1st rounder. which is sort of the reason they were so aggressive in free agency acquiring peppers and taylor.

OK next years is fine too. We will still need OL DL QB RB next year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
12thManFan;46758 said:
I don't like it at all...yeah he's consistenet and all but he is injury-prone and he's old. If we want to rebuild, we have to look at younger players. He won't cut it...

How do you figure? He's started in practically every game and produced for the last 8 years?

Wag, apperently you didnt hear we have Whitehurst and Ganther now!!
:focus:

SeasonTeamTacklesInterceptionsFumblesGGSCombTotalAstSckSFTYPDefIntYdsAvgLngTDsFF2009 Chicago Bears 16 16 4836126.0--1----0.0----02008 Chicago Bears 16 16 444226.0--61-2-2.0-2012007 Chicago Bears 16 2 4131104.5--5177.07022006 Chicago Bears 16 16 464067.0--222211.018032005 Chicago Bears 16 16 453876.0--6----0.0----32004 Chicago Bears 16 16 5039116.0--8----0.0----22003 Chicago Bears 16 16 5848105.5--5100.00022002 Chicago Bears 15 9 403192.5--3----0.0----1TOTAL3723056743.5036527--18014

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46734 said:
He has a 4th round tender
who in their right mind would give us a 3rd without us having to take on salary

Bro, read my post.

I said the Broncos traded for Cutler, so they maybe stupid enough to give up a 3rd rounder for Sims...

Reaction score
  • Bears have informed Alex Brown that they will be releasing him today.
  • Rob Sims is going to sign his restricted free-agent tender which would indicate a trade according to ESPN's John Clayton.

Reaction score
Great.

Now we can sign this Brown guy, and still keep Sims and trade him for someone else or a pick.

Heard Mora on 710 the other day say Sims was told by the Seahawks to not train at the facility because they do not want to risk injury to him and that he would not be a Seahawk next year. : )

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;46832 said:
Great.

Now we can sign this Brown guy, and still keep Sims and trade him for someone else or a pick.

Heard Mora on 710 the other day say Sims was told by the Seahawks to not train at the facility because they do not want to risk injury to him and that he would not be a Seahawk next year. : )
Yep i heard that awhile ago too. If the Hawks really want Brown I hope they go get him. It would be a nice addition especially without giving up anything. Im interested to see who they will trade Sims to and what for. With him signing his tender that does mean a trade is underway. I cant wait to see.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
To Lions for a 4th rounder most likely, but it would be an early 4th rounder! There are tons of great players projected to go in the 4th that the Hawks could pick up. The other rumor is the Lions and Seahawks switch first round picks; their 2nd overall for our 6th overall in exchange for Sims or some other compensation. Okung anyone?

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
sigpro;46836 said:
To Lions for a 4th rounder most likely, but it would be an early 4th rounder! There are tons of great players projected to go in the 4th that the Hawks could pick up. The other rumor is the Lions and Seahawks switch first round picks; their 2nd overall for our 6th overall in exchange for Sims or some other compensation. Okung anyone?
Either one of those would be great! Having 3 4th round picks in this years draft would be huge! Or if we swapped 1st rd picks, we would be GUARANTEED the best LT in the draft! It would allow us to do whatever we wanted with the 14th pick as well! I guess we will see how this works out but either one would be great.

Reaction score
This would make alot of sense for Detroit they don't want another 40+ mil contract in 2 yrs.

sigpro;46836 said:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
How does Sims signing tender indicate a trade? Is it just because it is a necessary step to negotiate a trade with other teams?
Either way Im voting lions get him over bears of course! Higher 4th rounder!

Alex being FA now, he'll be sought after, hope hawks can get him signed, I like him, even if he is a well seasoned vet.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;46841 said:
How does Sims signing tender indicate a trade? Is it just because it is a necessary step to negotiate a trade with other teams?
Either way Im voting lions get him over bears of course! Higher 4th rounder!

Alex being FA now, he'll be sought after, hope hawks can get him signed, I like him, even if he is a well seasoned vet.
Yes he has to sign the tender in order for a deal to take place.

Reaction score
This Pete Carroll/John Schneider duo is slowing becoming the anti Jack Z. I like these guys less and less with every move they make.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
That's still just like a late 4th rounder, lots of talent still left at that spot.

Top Bottom