• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Top Offense v. Top Defense

Reaction score
Dude there are a few big safeties in the league that can lay the boom. There are no corners that are 6'4" 220 and hit that hard. Dude literally stops people in their track.

Reaction score
Granted, but I didn't say he hits harder relative to the other players at his position. I just said he hits harder.

Seahawk80

Huddler
Reaction score
In reply to Hawkzilla - To be honest, at that point of the game I didn't think the Seahawks would win & I was keeping track on nfl.com, thus didn't see the play. It must have been quite a sight to see Wilson rack up those yards on that play - pity that Giacomini f***ed it up.

But who knows? Maybe he'll shape up & use better discipline.

Reaction score
To be honest, at that point of the game I was keeping track on nfl.com & didn't see the play. It must have been quite a sight to see Wilson rack up those yards on that play - pity that Giacomini f***ed it up.

If Breno doesn't hold, I doubt Wilson even gets outside the pocket on that play. I can deal with the occasional hold from him, its the personal fouls that piss me off.

Seahawk80

Huddler
Reaction score
I have a question. How come Browner wasn't penalized for hitting Welker like that? It's looks to me the same as Tate had done against what's his name in the Cowboys game but he gets fined for it? I'm not saying Browner should have been, just curious as how they apply the ruling on contact. The only rule I could find on wikipedia is where a defender makes contact with a receiver after advancing 5 yards from the line of scrimmage & the QB is still in the pocket with the ball, but that obviously doesn't apply here.

Reaction score
Tate's fell under a "defenseless player" because Lee had his head turned and didn't see Tate coming. I forget what the exact rule is. Browner's was on the ball carrier, so all he has to do is make sure he doesn't make contact with his head/neck area and that he doesn't hit him hard while he's up in ther air.

Seahawk80

Huddler
Reaction score
So a player can hit as hard as he "wants to" (without being intentional, of course) otherwise as long as it doesn't fall under a penalty? Like Largent's hit on Harden, for example?

Reaction score
Plus Browner lead with his shoulder and turned his head away from the contact. His shoulder went straight into Welkers chest. Text book tackle. 100% legal and certified BOOM!

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm giving Wilson the benefit, the SF game should tell us if he really is getting better. He got it done in this one though. But I'm still on the fence. It is hard to write off Flynn and you have to wonder if he could have put up more points.

I lived in monte for a couple years growing up, how's the old town? My brother almost broke his back swinging on a tire swing behind the high school in the gully. Play'd my first video game (Donkey Kong) at the bowling alley there.

Hey, sorry, just saw your reply. Monte hasn't changed a whole lot, although not too long ago there was a big fire at Mary's river, and also the bleachers burned down at the high school football field. I'm pretty sure that tire swing is long gone too, but I haven't been to the high school for many years! Bowling alley has new owners, but has not changed. For the most part it probably still looks the same as when you were here. We did just build a new detail shop at Whitney's too on the corner of 1st and pioneer.

Reaction score
Hey, sorry, just saw your reply. Monte hasn't changed a whole lot, although not too long ago there was a big fire at Mary's river, and also the bleachers burned down at the high school football field. I'm pretty sure that tire swing is long gone too, but I haven't been to the high school for many years! Bowling alley has new owners, but has not changed. For the most part it probably still looks the same as when you were here. We did just build a new detail shop at Whitney's too on the corner of 1st and pioneer.
Haha sounds like Mayberry. "Old Bill and Sally still have the bate n tackle shop down on Main St. The kids still hang out by the docks like we did back in the 70's".

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Haha sounds like Mayberry. "Old Bill and Sally still have the bate n tackle shop down on Main St. The kids still hang out by the docks like we did back in the 70's".

Actually I lived in McCleary, WA (near Montesano) which is about as close to Mayberry as you can get on the west coast. Great place to to be a kid.

They used to have a nice dirt bike track in Monte, I lived across the street from John W Vessey field. Used to catch fouls for free snacks.

Reaction score
My uncle some property out in Montesano, used to have a family camping trip out there every year. He had some property in Satsop too, for a while we had a trip out there every year too.

Top Bottom