• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Emmanuel Ogbah on Dolphins' defense: "We can be as good as we want to be"

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
The Miami Dolphins have a great offense. Their defense could be as good. Maybe better.

Veteran defensive end Emmanuel Ogbah recently declared that there's basically no limit to what Miami's defense can be.

"I'll say we can be as good as we want to be ," Ogbah told Aaron Wilson of KPRC2, via NFL.com. "I'm excited about this defense. We've got [defensive coordinator] Vic [Fangio] coaching us up. I can't wait. It's been a long time coming. This year, I feel like this is the year. We can be as good as we want to be. I'm ready to go out there and dominate."

It will take dominance to emerge as the champion of the AFC East, arguably the best top-to-bottom division in football.

"Our division is tough now," Ogbah said. "But we're excited, we love the competition. We're ready to go. We don't look at nobody [else]. We compete against ourself."

One key factor for everyone involved — Ogbah included — is the ability to play.

"It's all about health," he said. "This game's all about being healthy. I'm excited. I've been doing the right things with my body, taking care of my body, just making sure I'm ready and fit to last the whole season."

Injuries limited Ogbah to only nine regular-season appearances in 2022. The prior year, he appeared in all 17 games, matching a career-high 9.0 sacks.

Beyond Ogbah, the Dolphins have Bradley Chubb, Christian Wilkins, and Jaelan Phillips on the defensive line. Jalen Ramsey has joined a secondary that already featured Xavien Howard and Jevon Holland. With Fangio drawing up and calling the plays, they could indeed be a great defense.

Again, given the difficulty of the schedule for all AFC East teams (in addition to playing each other twice, they all play the Chiefs, Chargers, Eagles, Cowboys, and Giants), it could be that only one team makes it to the postseason — even though any of them could be good enough to climb the playoff tree to the Super Bowl.

Continue reading...

Top Bottom