• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

On the clock: NO ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Lions select Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska.
Buccs select Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma.
Rams select Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State.
Redskins select Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.
Chiefs select Eric Berry, S, Tennessee.
Seahawks select Derick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech.
Browns select Joe Haden, CB, Florida.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong I like Haden a lot.. I'm just weary of the guys from big schools like Florida. Especially considering the rest of that defense was pretty stout.

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
With the 8th pick in the NFL draft, the Raiders select Anthony Davis, Offensive Tackle, from Rutgers.

This decision comes after much consternation from Al Davis who was thinking of drafting Jamburu, a West African Gorilla, being trained at a zoo in Northern California to play football. Al Davis stated that he went with Anthony Davis because his name and initials were easier to remember than the gorilla's. He added that Davis would be cheaper because the price of bananas is simple too outrageous to warrant a first round pick.

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
I like the way you think. With the 9th pick, the Buffalo Bills select Marshall Newhouse, guard from TCU. Al Davis was hoping to pick Newhouse, a huge guard who runs a fast 40 time, in the 2nd round. However, Ralph Wilson cunningly took him here to avoid giving Al another great player. And the Bills have a shitty offensive line, but that's beside the point.

Reaction score
Lions select Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska.
Buccs select Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma.
Rams select Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State.
Redskins select Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.
Chiefs select Eric Berry, S, Tennessee.
Seahawks select Derick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech.
Browns select Joe Haden, CB, Florida.
Raiders select Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers.
Bills select Marshall Newhouse, G, TCU.

Reaction score
The jags would've loved to have picked up Joe Haden, but that fat bastard Mike Holmgren beat them to the punch. Improving the secondary is one of their biggest needs, but now it will have to wait until the 2nd round. Instead, they change focus to their defensive line and with the 10th overall pick in the 2010 draft select Brian Price, DT out of UCLA.

S

Seattlehawk94

#ONE;45150 said:
The jags would've loved to have picked up Joe Haden, but that fat bastard Mike Holmgren beat them to the punch. Improving the secondary is one of their biggest needs, but now it will have to wait until the 2nd round. Instead, they change focus to their defensive line and with the 10th overall pick in the 2010 draft select Brian Price, DT out of UCLA.

Speaking of our own ex-coach Cartman...

Did you read in SI that he actually BURNED all his old Seahawks gear?

Ph:evil:ucking phat phaggot..

Reaction score
I have my pick ready but maybe when it's my turn I should wait till the end of my second day just to make sure no one wants to trade up. Plus that way you guys can check out our new podcast. We have updated the site to make it easier to navigate.
New Podcast is a preview of some players going to the combine. I rant about NBC's Olympic Coverage. www.thebrettandbrianshow.com
Thanks everyone who listens
I will pick as soon as it's my turn. If you see I'm up you can email me at [email protected] and I'll come draft ASAP.

Reaction score
I'm thinking the Dolphins could use a WR like Dez Bryant. They have a good rushing attack and Chad Henne seems like a pretty good QB, but he needs someone to throw to.

I haven't looked into their O-Line or defense that much, but I know they picked up two corners in the draft last year and they did pretty good in '09.

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45165 said:
I'm thinking the Dolphins could use a WR like Dez Bryant. They have a good rushing attack and Chad Henne seems like a pretty good QB, but he needs someone to throw to.

I haven't looked into their O-Line or defense that much, but I know they picked up two corners in the draft last year and they did pretty good in '09.

They need a rush LB now that they cut Joey Porter

Reaction score
Ooooooo and Matt gets sacked in the offseason too :happy0005:

bobflipaburger;45121 said:
With the 6th overall pick the Seattle Seahawks select Derick Morgan Defensive End out of Georgia Tech.

I debated on whether or not to go with Joe Haden or maybe Bryan Bulaga, but I didn't think they were worth the 6th pick.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;45175 said:
Uh.. I was pretty sure we all agreed there were no OTs at 6.

Me too, Bob. An OT at #6 would be a terrible waste of the other talent on the board. It isn't like we have a lot of clear-cut talent differences at the OT position. After Okung, there are 6 or 7 guys that could end up being the 2nd best lineman in this draft (or even the best LT to come out). And I still contend a rookie will be hard pressed to play better than Frye or McIntosh would next year. We need to get a vet in FA so we aren't throwing a rookie into a starting LT role. Otherwise it is about the same as :suicide_fool-edit:.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
As of right now that pick should be a defensive player. whether is be Morgan, Berry, or Haden. That's just where the talent is going to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom