• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

On the clock: NO ONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SIS

Huddler
Reaction score
With needed O-line help the Superbowl XL Champions choose:
Mike Iupati OG Idaho

Reaction score
Lions select Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska.
Buccs select Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma.
Rams select Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State.
Redskins select Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.
Chiefs select Eric Berry, S, Tennessee.
Seahawks select Derick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech.
Browns select Joe Haden, CB, Florida.
Raiders select Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers.
Bills select Marshall Newhouse, G, TCU.
Jaguars select Brian Price, DT, UCLA
Broncos select Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State.
Dolphins select Rolando McCain, ILB, Alabama.
49ers select Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa.
Seahawks select Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland.
Giants select Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, USF.
Titans select Everson Griffen, DE, USC.
49ers select Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame.
Steelers select Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho.
Falcons select Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri.

sigpro (Texans) is on the clock.
CHawks4life29 (Bengals) is on deck.
Number 18 (Patriots) is in the hole.

Reaction score
D Hawk;45344 said:
This pick would be perfect if Ruskell was still here. Draft yet another O Lineman with a history of injuries. I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm not a Campbell fan. He's not as quick on the field as in his 40 time, he has been hurt both years, and I'm concerned about his dedication to conditioning. He has a lot of potential to be great, but he could very likely be a bust for a top 15 pick.

That did scare me too D, but I think OT is our biggest need right now and when that pick came he was the best available. Had I had the 6th pick we would have went OT and gotten someone else with less of an injury history.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm just not a big fan of overlooking better players to fill an area of perceived need. That, and I don't see many LTs in this draft that will be able to start on day 1. Okung will, and will be a stud. But aside from him - I'm not sold that any will be better than Frye will be this next season. Campbell does have incredible numbers, but he doesn't look as quick as his 40 time on the field, and has big health concerns.

C Brown looks to be the next most-ready blocker, as he has a little more athleticism and quickness than most of the OTs, be he didn't run the 40 on Saturday and didn't impress with his bench.

I know people say that A Davis is athletic, but I'm missing something. He can jump, but was beaten by quicker DEs all season, he runs a slow 40, did very little on the bench press in the combine (several QBs, RBs, and TEs beat him), and opted out of the shuttle and cone drills... an area an "athletic" lineman should excel. He looked out of place and flabbed around in the drills. He has conditioning issues and a questionable work ethic... how do you gamble a top 15 (or even 1st round) pick on such a big question mark?

Bulaga is getting attention, but should we not be concerned about the guardesque nature of his 33" arms?

I don't know - it is frustrating to be in the position, but I'd rather see them use the early picks on players that are a little more certain and maybe pull a Tony Washington as a project player in the 5th round. If we can't get one of the few OTs in FA, we may have to trust that Frye can be healthy or productive. Or give Gibson a shot at moving back to LT, because I don't see many OTs ready to start in the NFL. Even Walter wasn't quite ready his rookie year. Someone, please convince me that I'm wrong on the rest of the OTs in this draft. At this point I'd even like to see them sign Pashos and gamble that he can be healthy again.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
With the 20th overall pick in the 2010 draft, the Houston Texans select DT out of Tennessee, Dan Williams

thetrooper

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45025 said:
Is Chawks4life29's name suppose to be C Hawks or Chawks? I would have capitalized the H if I was him.

Back on topic...I need to think about what the Buccs needs. Probably gonna go defense.

theres alot of needs for the bucs.but evidently freeman has matured but they still need help on all 3 sides of the ball

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;45408 said:
I'm just not a big fan of overlooking better players to fill an area of perceived need. That, and I don't see many LTs in this draft that will be able to start on day 1. Okung will, and will be a stud. But wrong on the rest of the OTs in this draft. At this point I'd even like to see them sign Pashos and gamble that he can be healthy again.

A guy who has seemed to be overlooked slightly but looked the most athletic aside from Campbell at the combine is Trent Williams.

How would fit with a Pete Carrol/Gibbs OL?

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;45442 said:
A guy who has seemed to be overlooked slightly but looked the most athletic aside from Campbell at the combine is Trent Williams.

How would fit with a Pete Carrol/Gibbs OL?

I wouldn't say he is being overlooked - Williams will be the best RT in this draft, and may be able to make the step to the left side. His arms aren't quite as long as they'd like, and he isn't as strong as most want in a LT, but his combine work moved him from just a RT to a potential LT. Not sure what the "experts" are saying, but I have him as one of the top "improvers" on the O Line. You can see my summary and the main stats for the partcipants here:

2010 NFL Draft - OT Combine Results - Go Hawks

Reaction score
Lions select Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska.
Buccs select Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma.
Rams select Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State.
Redskins select Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame.
Chiefs select Eric Berry, S, Tennessee.
Seahawks select Derick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech.
Browns select Joe Haden, CB, Florida.
Raiders select Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers.
Bills select Marshall Newhouse, G, TCU.
Jaguars select Brian Price, DT, UCLA
Broncos select Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State.
Dolphins select Rolando McCain, ILB, Alabama.
49ers select Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa.
Seahawks select Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland.
Giants select Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, USF.
Titans select Everson Griffen, DE, USC.
49ers select Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame.
Steelers select Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho.
Falcons select Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri.
Texans select Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee.

CHawks4life29 (Bengals) is on the clock. [Deadline: Wednesday, March 3rd @ 12:47pm]
Number 18 (Patriots) is on deck.
The Brett and Brian Show (Packers) is in the hole.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
There is no way Bradford falls into the late first round, bad draft guys, someone should have taken him already!

Reaction score
sigpro;45466 said:
There is no way Bradford falls into the late first round, bad draft guys, someone should have taken him already!
The Rams were the only team that could have used Bradford. Right now I'd say the Cardinals or Vikings could draft him. Both lost their starting QBs (I don't think Favre will come back) and the QBs they have left on the roster aren't that great.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45467 said:
The Rams were the only team that could have used Bradford. Right now I'd say the Cardinals or Vikings could draft him. Both lost their starting QBs (I don't think Favre will come back) and the QBs they have left on the roster aren't that great.

No... Sig is right Bradford should have been picked up multiple times.
Rams, Hawks, Browns, Bills, Jags, 49ers were all canidates.

CHawks4life29

Huddler
Reaction score
I would have taken Bradford with the #1 but I was away from my computer when we started the draft. I really think Bradford will end up #1 to the rams this year unless they address the QB issue in FA then again not alot of big names at the QB spot in FA.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
szat;45491 said:
No... Sig is right Bradford should have been picked up multiple times.
Rams, Hawks, Browns, Bills, Jags, 49ers were all canidates.

I would have taken him with the 49ers, but it I don't think they're ready to spend another 1st rounder on a QB. Plus it looked like they were ready to try the Alex Smith experiment again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom