• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ex-Mariner and Yankee Randy Johnson Retires

Reaction score
Randy Johnson announced tonight that he will be retiring after a 22-year MLB career. He played for the Expos, Mariners, Astros, Yankees, Dimondbacks and Giants. He's a 5-time CY Young Award winner, 10-time All-Star, pitched two no-hitters including a perfect game, second all-time in strike outs and a member of the 300 win club. He'll go down as one of the best left handed pitchers of all-time.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah. His first four seasons as a Diamondback were incredible. We'd have an argument if we had gotten to a World Series with him. He's my favorite pitcher, hands down.

S

Seattlehawk94

"Ex Yankee"?

Uh....Will ANYONE remember him as a Spankee?

Reaction score
He will be throwing out the first pitch at the home opener for the Mariners. Hopefully Rob Johnson gets him to throw a heater.

Reaction score
phaZe;44998 said:
He will be throwing out the first pitch at the home opener for the Mariners. Hopefully Rob Johnson gets him to throw a heater.

lol Rob Johnson blows. Adam Moore should be our starter.

S

Seattlehawk94

Robby is a great CATCHER....He handles the pitchers well and if you look at the team ERA, WHIP, and K totals with him in the lineup and him out of the lineup it's night and day except for when Felix and The DA pitched.

That said....Moore is the future and has a bat.....Platoon them for awhile unless one of them runs away and steals the job in ST.

Reaction score
I agree. He is a great catcher, not a great hitter. Hopefully he emerges as a better hitter this year.

Reaction score
People read a lot into his catcher's ERA last year. He ALWAYS caught Felix last year. I would have a great catcher's ERA if I caught Felix. I would rather have had Kenji catching last year when he was healthy. He's a better hitter (which isn't saying much) and he threw out a lot of runners last year. Moore should be our starter, Johnson can catch day games.

S

Seattlehawk94

Take out his Felix starts and he's still almost .50 of a run better than the other platoon..

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;45023 said:
People read a lot into his catcher's ERA last year. He ALWAYS caught Felix last year. I would have a great catcher's ERA if I caught Felix. I would rather have had Kenji catching last year when he was healthy. He's a better hitter (which isn't saying much) and he threw out a lot of runners last year. Moore should be our starter, Johnson can catch day games.
Why should he be the starter?

S

Seattlehawk94

Moore's got a bat that will rival Jason Varitek's at the catcher position...He's just developing into his body and is really going to come into his own at the dish (on the side of it and behind it) but he's still RAW...

REEEEEEEEEEEAAALLLLY RAW....In both aspects...

Like I said...PLATOON....And when Moore IS ready make Johnson catch day games, and after say an extra inning game...AS WELL AS make him Felix's personal Catcher like McCarver (asshole) was for Carlton, Perez was for Maddux, and Hassey was for Dave Stewart...Don't change the Felix Johnson dynamic though, Aces give a huge chunk of their credit to their personal Catchers and Felix/Robby are no different...

Then again....Robby is from Butte and I know him from waaaay back when so I'm kinda a Fanboy in that way...LOL

Top Bottom