• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

MLB preseason predictions?

Reaction score
the NFL season has come to a close. As the Saints go to sleep with a giant smile on their faces; we fans of the other 31 teams look forward to the draft. And in september we will begin to daydream about the 2010 version of our respective team having a similar run to what the Saints had this year. Until then there's always baseball (well there will be in a couple months) which is in that state of daydreaming. That state where every team (except maybe the Pirates, sorry SIS) is capable of winning the series, that state where every pitcher (except maybe Carlos Silva) has a shot at the Cy Young, every player (except Yuniesky Betancourt) has a shot at the MVP and all 25 guys on your team are potential all-stars. That state where your big off season acquisition(s) is what put your team over the top, or at least makes them a contender. You not only dream of your team's success, but those summer evenings at the ball park or at home, outside, barefoot, manning the grill and occasionally peeking inside to check the score. Man baseball season needs to hurry up and get here already! Until then I guess all we can do is make some silly predictions that we'll look back an laugh at later. But these predictions are truly the first sign that baseball season is approaching and that those dreams of ours are one step closer to coming true.

AL:
West: Mariners
Central:Twins
East: Red Sox
Wild Card:Yankees

NL:
West: Dodgers
Central: Cardinals
East: Phillies
Wild Card: Marlins

ALDS:
Mariners over Twins
Red Sox over Yankees

NLDS:
Cardinals over Marlins
Phillies over Dodgers (again! lol)

ALCS:
Mariners over Red Sox

NLCS:
Cardinals over Phillies

WS:
Mariners over Cardinals

AL Awards

MVP- Joe Mauer
Cy Young- Felix Hernandez

NL awards

MVP- Hanley Ramirez
Cy Young- Chris Carpenter

Reaction score
I think everyone knows where I stand in predictions... call me after the Training Camps and Spring Training because injuries are a part of the game.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I don't like predictions either. I even said something in the little thing I wrote in this thread about "looking back and laughing" at these predictions because they'll probably be way off. I really don't care, I'm more pumped for baseball to start this year than ever before.

Reaction score
Yeah and you should be. As a Yankee fan I'm impressed with how the M's have put together a team this year. I see a lot of role players- guys who fit a certain role. They aren't going to be league leaders in categories, but they fit a specific role for the team. I think you guys have a very good chance if healthy stays on your side to compete with the Angels for the division.

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
I don't really see the Angels as much of a threat to win the division this year honestly... They lost Lackey, Figgins, and Guerrero. That hurts, I know last year they showed they have a lot of depth and I'm not saying they'll be bad. Just not as good as they've been.

Reaction score
I agree. The Angels lost 3 of their best players so they won't be as good as they have been the past few years. The Mariners have had the best off-season in the MLB and all the moves they have made should help push them to the top in the AL West. They just need to stay healthy and productive.

Top Bottom