• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

DT Off season Needs!

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
DT : Rocky Bernard will not be back, Red Bryant played in four games last season. Depending on where Seattle sees Brandon Mebane's future, Seattle needs starter capable depth at right or left defensive tackle.

Free Agents: Shaun Cody, Jovan Haye and Albert Haynesworth

Possible Draft: trade down for B.J. Raji

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I think they will need to free up some room somewhere to get him, but if they could land him, that would be HUGE!!!

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold my breath for Haynesworth. Our GM likes guys who walk grandma across the street, not stomp on people's faces.

Reaction score
If we do land AH, I just hope he doesn't flop like JJ. The defensive FAs we've picked up in the past (Grant, Patrick, Julian, Deon, Bryan) have produced well. Man, I'd love to have AH on our line. That would be amazing.

And, I hope we re-up with Leroy too. If we don't, Ruskell's a blockhead!

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I can see them Re-Signing Leroy and working to trade away J.P to free up Salary.

MONSTRO

Huddler
Reaction score
I love rumors at this point, they're as valid as my pug's excrement. C'mon dudes, franchise tags haven't even been processed through the minds of idiot GM's yet, WAAAAY too early to give credence to a rumor like that.

Reaction score
No way Ruskell can find the $$$ to fit Haynesworth in with our cap problems. If they Franchise Hill there will be no room.

Reaction score
Here is a theory. I don't know how I feel about it so just throwing it out there. If they do keep Hill I think they may trade Peterson. He's been great, but he is aging and is a huge hit on the cap. It is probbably not good financial planning to have three Linebackers under big contracts. Two ok, but all three you are choking the budget of the rest of the team. I think we have the depth to support it for one, and we could draft Aaron Curry to shore it up. Trading Peterson would free up some room to think about signing a Haynesworth or Scrable.

Reaction score
Haynesworth signing might be something they don't do cause they already did committ with Kerney and well other then his first year isn't looking like a good deal. I think Seattle won't make a run for a big player this year on the defense.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Haynesworth signing might be something they don't do cause they already did committ with Kerney and well other then his first year isn't looking like a good deal. I think Seattle won't make a run for a big player this year on the defense.

He has one great season and one injury plagued season and he's not looking like a good deal??? Dude's a beast

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Hawk096 said:

He has one great season and one injury plagued season and he's not looking like a good deal??? Dude's a beast

I think though his age and past problems will be looked at. I think he was a good signing, but the question is for the length they signed him and the cost. I don't know if we will go big again at the D-line. Just my opinion.

Reaction score
He is young, but has had some troubles off the field and on. The stomping incident, has had scruffles with teammates and an arrest warrant issued for a traffic violation... Is he Ruskell guy lol?! I do want Haynesworth I just am not sure the orginization will want him...

Top Bottom