• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are the Seahawks #1 contender for Kevin Kolb ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Vikings coach says he would rather build thru the draft , is he blowing smoke?
Just 2 days ago Peter King said the 2 teams with the most interest in KK were the vikes and seahawks . Where does that leave it now ? Are we really a contender ? And at what cost ?

Reaction score
I'll take Kolb over any QB available in the draft. I know we need an OL, but they're pretty deep this year. If we can re-sign Mebane, trade for Kolb, and pick up an OL in the 2nd, then we'll be good. Heck, we may be able to trade back into the 3rd and snag a CB.

If they do get Kolb, I wouldn't be mad at Carroll and Schneider. Doing so would be admitting they screwed up trading for Whitehurst and admitting you screwed up takes a lot of balls.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I like Kolb but the guy can not throw any farther than 40 yards. The West Coast Offense is short timing routes, but by taking Kolb, the D, does not have to worry about the deep ball.

Marino, Montana, and Elway could not win behind our O-Line! Build the line, get some continuity and draft a qb next year. Maybe a QB drops to us in the 2nd round. I still think Signing Matthew to a 2 year deal, to span the gap is the best bet.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Um. I can throw a ball 40 yards. It isn't that far. (My accuracy is probably terrible, but still.)

I'm not going to disagree with taking a lineman, though.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
according to the link PAC WEST posted were talking next years picks , not this years. I have heard that the eagles want a player in return. I dont know enough about the eagles to know what they need , but if their taking 2012 picks in trade for Kolb then I would think that the player this year would have to be a starter and a good one.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
LOFA or Tru?

I know they are fan favorites, but I think there best days are behind them.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Trade out of the 1st to get an early 2nd and early 3rd; pick up a OL/QB or DL in the 2nd get your QB/DL whatever is left in the 3rd. Ride Whitehurst next year, or Matt if we re-sign. Im just not sold on Kolb, his QB rating is not that good, despite being on a good team, and he has injury questions.... I know Im waffling, but oh well.

If the FA doesnt open up until after the draft, then we'll have a better idea of what we have at QB.

I think we should give Tru and Tupe another year to come back from injury. Tru played pretty well though last year I thought.

tonos253

Huddler
Reaction score
No kolb or whitehurst. We need OL. kolb hasn't shown anything besides winning with an offensive power house. Eagles OL isn't that great but i see kolb being very inconsistant. If we resign hasselbeck i don't see us trying to get a QB until next offseason. If they resign hass and still have whithurst and try and get kolb it would be organized confusion in the locker room. Im all for getting talented players but we got so many needs. OL and CB in the second round. Are CB's deep in this years draft???

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Kolb has only had something like 7 starts or games played , but he's been under Andy Reids system and has a firm grasp of what is considered a difficult version of the WCO .He would be way ahead of the curve compared to anyone else brought in. Hass isn't coming back ,bank on that.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Look I love Hass as much as the next guy, but people need to start being realistic about the current situation. Hass most likely will not be back next year, so deal with it. If they really wanted him back he would have gotten signed before the deadline. Whitehurst clearly is not the answer unless you want to give up on the season before it even starts.

People need to stop saying, "wait until next year to get a QB". People say that EVERY YEAR! You can't just wait and wait and wait because you will miss far too many opportunities. One way or another (either getting Kolb or drafting a QB) now is the time to get our QB. Even if they do somehow re-sign Hass, this would be the year to get a QB to sit behind him for a year or two.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont see a very big demand for Matthew. Once Free agency does start, and the offers are few and far between I see him back in seattle.

My fingers are crossed that when free agency does start we make a splash. There are some potential game changers out there. CLABO, MANKINS, ASOMUGHA.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawk Freak;56326 said:
I dont see a very big demand for Matthew. Once Free agency does start, and the offers are few and far between I see him back in seattle.

There are a handful of teams that would love to bring Matt in trust me. And I dont think it is a matter of the demand for him. It comes down to what looks like Pete and John being ready to move on and start fresh there. If they wanted him back, they would have gotten a deal done with him before the deadline reached. I could be wrong, but I am just trying to be realistic as tough as it would be to see him leave.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;56327 said:
There are a handful of teams that would love to bring Matt in trust me.

Name a handful of teams...

Sure there might be one or two teams out there, but I doubt it's going to be a hot market for Matthew.

Either way, I am not going to worry about it. It's out of our control and I am tired of sounding like a broken record. I trust JC and PC. They aren't Ruskell and aren't going to fuck this team up.

I will say this, if we don't resign Matt, or pursure a guy like Kolb... we will be as bad off as AZ if not worse. Not comparing Matt to Warner, but we saw what losing a veteran QB did to their team and their overall talent was better than ours.

BTW fuck the lockout and all the Abrahams and Jacobs involved.

Wood Chipper

Huddler
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6SGZi2cUQI]YouTube - NFL Green Bay Packers vs New England Patriots week 15 highlights[/ame]

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;56329 said:
Name a handful of teams...

Well just thinking off the top of my head ill list a handful and say why they would pursue him:

1: Minnesota- They have the foundations of a superbowl contending team minus a QB. Matt gives them a year or two to truely contend.

2. Arizona- Would be a great fit for them and stop gap so they can bring in a younger guy. There are speculations of Bulger goin there, Matt would be far better there than Bulger.

3. San Francisco- Like Minnesota, they are a QB away from really contending and they run a WCO. Matt would give them a year or two of truely contending while giving them a year or two to bring in a young QB.

4. Tennessee- I have heard rumors of Matt having connections in Tennessee and them showing interest in him. Would I do it if I were them...probably not...but it is just from what I have read.

5. Carolina- This depends if they draft a guy with the number one pick or not. If they do obviously he will be the starter and Matt will be useless. If they go defense, they probably aren't going to want Clausen to start and will want a veteran to step in for a year or two. If Matt is a FA, he could be the guy.

There are also other teams with QB problems that could be a possibility, but I think they aren't as likely.

Cano51

Huddler
Reaction score
Have you guys seen something in Kolb that i ve missed. As far as i am concerned, the only thing about the guy is the trust andy reed HAD in him, placing him before vick at the start of last season.

besides that, not a lot of starts, no big stats, no big game... He might end up being good, in a matt shaub like story, but so far, i cant see it

Top Bottom