• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are the Seahawks #1 contender for Kevin Kolb ?

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;56329 said:
Name a handful of teams...

Sure there might be one or two teams out there, but I doubt it's going to be a hot market for Matthew.

Either way, I am not going to worry about it. It's out of our control and I am tired of sounding like a broken record. I trust JC and PC. They aren't Ruskell and aren't going to fuck this team up.

I will say this, if we don't resign Matt, or pursure a guy like Kolb... we will be as bad off as AZ if not worse. Not comparing Matt to Warner, but we saw what losing a veteran QB did to their team and their overall talent was better than ours.

BTW fuck the lockout and all the Abrahams and Jacobs involved.

Browns, Titans, Bills, Panthers, Vikings are all teams that need QBs. Titans have a confirmed interest. And no offense, Warner to Hass is a poor comparison you can't even make that legitimate.

Reaction score
Cano51;56343 said:
Have you guys seen something in Kolb that i ve missed. As far as i am concerned, the only thing about the guy is the trust andy reed HAD in him, placing him before vick at the start of last season.

besides that, not a lot of starts, no big stats, no big game... He might end up being good, in a matt shaub like story, but so far, i cant see it

Uhh... His first two NFL starts:

391 yards 2 TDs
327 yards 2 TDs

Reaction score
12thManFan;56345 said:
Browns, Titans, Bills, Panthers, Vikings are all teams that need QBs. Titans have a confirmed interest. And no offense, Warner to Hass is a poor comparison you can't even make that legitimate.

Read what I wrote.... "NOT comparing warner to matt"

I was just saying look at what happened to their team after they lost their franchise QB. They were better than us at every position but 1 and we saw how that turned out.

And I didn't say list teams with QB needs. That doesn't tell me anything about them legitimately pursuing Matthew. Show me besides the Titans where you've seen any of those teams express interest in Matt.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;56350 said:
Read what I fucking wrote.... "NOT comparing warner to matt"

I was just saying look at what happened to their team after they lost their franchise QB. They were better than us at every position but 1 and we saw how that turned out.

And I didn't say list teams with QB needs. That doesn't tell me anything about them legitimately pursuing Matthew. Show me besides the Titans where you've seen any of those teams express interest in Matt.

Why do you disregard what I wrote when your question was originally directed to me. I gave you 5 teams with written reasons.

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;56351 said:
Why do you disregard what I wrote when your question was originally directed to me. I gave you 5 teams with written reasons.

You gave me 5 teams with QB needs (not hard to do), then gave me generic "hypothetical" reasons why Matt may fit their team. The same can be said for half the teams in the league. In your original post you said "trust me". Them are some strong words. As if you have some concrete information we dont. Besides Sandos stupid ass spewing out random teams who could be "after" Matt, I haven't read anything legit.

I love Matt, no one on here would think otherwise... BUT at the same time I realize he is on the declining end of his career. It's not like he's gonna have suitors lining up to sign him. I don't think there is a team out there that needs him more than the hawks. Therefore I don't expect it will be hard for them to keep him. If they don't decide to go in a different direction ie Kolb.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;56356 said:
You gave me 5 teams with QB needs (not hard to do), then gave me generic "hypothetical" reasons why Matt may fit their team. The same can be said for half the teams in the league. In your original post you said "trust me". Them are some strong words. As if you have some concrete information we dont. Besides Sandos stupid ass spewing out random teams who could be "after" Matt, I haven't read anything legit.

I love Matt, no one on here would think otherwise... BUT at the same time I realize he is on the declining end of his career. It's not like he's gonna have suitors lining up to sign him. I don't think there is a team out there that needs him more than the hawks. Therefore I don't expect it will be hard for them to keep him. If they don't decide to go in a different direction ie Kolb.

I never claimed he would be those teams number 1 priority or sought after FA. If those teams had the opportunity to add Matt, especially Minnesota and San Francisco, they would be stupid not to. If Mark Bulger is being talked about as much as he is to go to Arizona and San Fran, then if Matt ends up on the open market he will be pursued more than him.

As for your second comment, I never said it would be HARD to keep him. I said that it looks like Pete and John are ready to move on from him. That means it doesn't matter how easy it is to bring him back, if they don't want him then he will not be back here. Like I said two times already, if they REALLY wanted him they would have signed him before the deadline. Of course they are going to say all of the politically right things like, "we would like to get a deal done" or "we would like to have him back". Matt deserves that type of respect because he has been the cornerstone of this franchise for some time. But if they wanted to get a deal done they would have done it. People need to start getting themselves ready to see Matt leave. And trust me, it will be hard for me too because I love the guy...but it is a part of the business of football.

S

Seattlehawk94

SF want's Matthew....No one without a lick of football knowledge thinks otherwise....They are a QB AWAY from being a force in the NFC....Let them, he's getting old....That QB issue they have will pop up again in the next couple of years...

Kolb....He solves OUR QB issue for the next 10 years....

Love Matthew....But I'd be willing to make that tradeoff ANYDAY.....

Reaction score
Kolb isn't going to get traded before the draft, so if anything does go down, it will be for 2012 draft picks. Of course the Seahawks could draft a player (or players) that the Eagles want, then trade that player (or players) for Kolb once there's a new CBA.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think there is tons of denial by Seahawks fans , myself included, Matt is old , injury prone , average numbers at best . And yes there is always a shot at some magic , but odds are not with the soon to be 36 year old QB . I want him here and hope he stays , but big money , guaranteed money ? That's not best for the future of the team. People forget that when Dave Kreig left we actually got better offensive stats from our team with some bad QBs then when he played and he only played one decent season with KC after he left. I loved Kreig , and the seasons after those were hard to gut , but we got Matt and went to a SB and it worked out , hopefully it doesn't go down that way again!
Wait till NE loses Brady and Indy Manning, it's the circle of football life!! This is where Flip starts playing the bongo drums.

Reaction score
I don't think anyone is saying he's going to put up MVP type numbers. He's a smart QB, he's the perfect guy to be a mentor for a rookie.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It would be nice to get a QB of the future that Matt can mentor. I just do not think Charlie is the QB.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
MH wants to start and wants starter money, not mentor money , he' s not ready to be a back up yet.

My point is that were making excuses for him instead of just taking it for what it is ..he throws 17 picks it's his receivers he gets sacked it's his lines fault , and yes I agree some what with those thoughts, but maybe if he were younger he avoids a few sacks , maybe he doesn't get hurt as much.
There is a trade off youth vs experience , old bull, young bull . I understand that I'm just leaning towards the benefits of a younger guy as opposed to the veteran guy.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Andy Reid said that during the brief window where teams were able to talk trades that he was contacted by several teams in reguards to Kolb.

Arizona seems to be the flavor of the month , San Fran and Seattle are also mentioned as landing spots . Miami is also been in the conversation , which if I was Andy Reid is who I would make the deal with , letting Kolb go to an NFC team is something that could come back and bite you.

Reaction score
Andy Reid said that during the brief window where teams were able to talk trades that he was contacted by several teams in reguards to Kolb.

Arizona seems to be the flavor of the month , San Fran and Seattle are also mentioned as landing spots . Miami is also been in the conversation , which if I was Andy Reid is who I would make the deal with , letting Kolb go to an NFC team is something that could come back and bite you.
AFC Team:
- Maximum of once during the regular season
- Super Bowl

NFC Team (Excluding NFC East):
- Maximum of once during the regular season
- Wild Card Round
- Divisional Round
- Championship Round

If I was the Eagles, I wouldn't worry about where Kolb will be traded as long as he is traded to a team outside the NFC East. Of course an AFC team would be the best option, but an NFC team wouldn't be that bad either.

Michael Lombardi and Jason La Canfora both suggested that Seattle and Miami were the front runners for Kolb after the draft with Seattle having a slight edge over Miami.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
I think there is tons of denial by Seahawks fans , myself included, Matt is old , injury prone , average numbers at best . And yes there is always a shot at some magic , but odds are not with the soon to be 36 year old QB . I want him here and hope he stays , but big money , guaranteed money ? That's not best for the future of the team. People forget that when Dave Kreig left we actually got better offensive stats from our team with some bad QBs then when he played and he only played one decent season with KC after he left. I loved Kreig , and the seasons after those were hard to gut , but we got Matt and went to a SB and it worked out , hopefully it doesn't go down that way again!
Wait till NE loses Brady and Indy Manning, it's the circle of football life!! This is where Flip starts playing the bongo drums.

Uh, Krieg only had one good year?

WTF

Two years with the cards over 3000 yards. 100+ rating in 7 games with Detroit. If Detroit had a brain they would have kept Krieg over Mitchell. Dumping Krieg was the opening move to junk the franchise and move to los Angeles.

We traded for hasselbeck years after Krieg.

McGuire, Schoeffer, Mirer, Freis, Moon, Kitna.... were you drunk? If Hasselbeck leaves us that's his business. But this franchise better do their best to resign him. We know, from experience, you can't call 1-800-Quarterback.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Uh, Krieg only had one good year?

WTF

Two years with the cards over 3000 yards. 100+ rating in 7 games with Detroit. If Detroit had a brain they would have kept Krieg over Mitchell. Dumping Krieg was the opening move to junk the franchise and move to los Angeles.

We traded for hasselbeck years after Krieg.

McGuire, Schoeffer, Mirer, Freis, Moon, Kitna.... were you drunk? If Hasselbeck leaves us that's his business. But this franchise better do their best to resign him. We know, from experience, you can't call 1-800-Quarterback.

Like I said , with our team the numbers improved offensively when Krieg left ... That's a fact

How many of those seasons with the cards and lions were winning seasons ? Thought so !

I don't recall a Schoeffer or Freis ?

Don't call people drunk when , you can't even spell former Qbs names right .

And yes I can live without 17 ints , and all the injurys , so call 1-800 - pound sand ! I can have my opinion !

Reaction score
Matt's play isn't the reason I want him back. He's a smart QB, he plays the game right and has an obvious passion for it. He would be an ideal mentor/example for a young QB. If he re-signs you can rest assured we plan on getting a QB next year via the draft.

Top Bottom