• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Are the Seahawks #1 contender for Kevin Kolb ?

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Matt's play isn't the reason I want him back. He's a smart QB, he plays the game right and has an obvious passion for it. He would be an ideal mentor/example for a young QB. If he re-signs you can rest assured we plan on getting a QB next year via the draft.

So if we resign the 36 year old QB , I can rest assure we plan on getting a QB in the draft next year ?

Next to losing all our games for the number one pick , this ranks as some of the deepest intel , I've heard this off season .

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
hass gives us our best chance to win this year, i still really wish we would have drafted a qb this year given the depth of good qbs i really would have liked to get mallet i think he has all the making to be a great qb he just needs some maturity but i think he can overcome it and hes gonna be really fired up about falling so far...that being said i am happy that we beefed up our line a good line can dictate how well an offense is running

Reaction score
What part of that doesn't make sense? If we sign Matt he'll be a stop gap/mentor. If we don't sign him we either go after Kolb or try our chances with Chuck the suck.

I don't want us to suck, but if we're going to this would be a good year for it. Of course you don't think so because of your little man crush on Kellen Moore.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
What part of that doesn't make sense? If we sign Matt he'll be a stop gap/mentor. If we don't sign him we either go after Kolb or try our chances with Chuck the suck.

I don't want us to suck, but if we're going to this would be a good year for it. Of course you don't think so because of your little man crush on Kellen Moore.

We've sucked for 3 years Bob where you been ? Want more of the same ? Or is it time to move on ? Stop gaps , mentors that's fantasy land , we roll with Charlie or find our new franchise guy .......

My man crush?? .........you'd think lucks name was cock the way you slurp him !

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey now. No need to get lewd.

While I think Luck over Moore (for no reason other than I hate Moore's high school and I hate Boise State), I think the debate of Luck v. Moore is pointless as neither one is an option for 2011. Save it for the 2012 draft.

Reaction score
Someone is getting defensive.... There's a reason why Luck was projected as the #1 pick thiss year and probably will be again next year.

But 18 is right let's save this debate for next year.

Reaction score
HAHA Kellen Moore...

He's a great college QB playing in the WAC against hideous teams that are about as good as WSU and Portland State.

The kid isn't even 6', 185lbs wet and has a weak ass arm. Each time he throws the ball further than 20 yards he puts his whole body into it and looks like hes about to fall on his ass.

Andrew Luck and Matt Barkley are my $ QBs next year.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Like I said , with our team the numbers improved offensively when Krieg left ... That's a fact

How many of those seasons with the cards and lions were winning seasons ? Thought so !

I don't recall a Schoeffer or Freis ?

Don't call people drunk when , you can't even spell former Qbs names right .

And yes I can live without 17 ints , and all the injurys , so call 1-800 - pound sand ! I can have my opinion !

Re-check your facts.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
So if we resign the 36 year old QB , I can rest assure we plan on getting a QB in the draft next year ?

Next to losing all our games for the number one pick , this ranks as some of the deepest intel , I've heard this off season .

I'd love to get matt back here, and even take him over Palmer, and think he'd do better with an improved line/running game... but Difler threw out a number in recent interview on 710, something like "10M/yr." seriously?? 10M? Not even close for Matt, 6M if he's lucky, I'd certianly do it for 5M, but come on. And back to the kolb think, I just think he cost to much in the way 2012 picks. We need to get our QB next year in the draft, move up, whatever it takes.

Reaction score
John Schneider said that "theres a group of 6-8 guys who we considered draftable, who are going to be rookie free agents. One of them is a QB."

Sadly with the situation we have at QB now i will actually be very excited if we get him. (idk who he is)

Here is a link to the interview http://bit.ly/jTK3e6

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Any talk of salary now is impossible... we have no idea what the cap is, what the rookies will cost, etc. I'll say this though, I think 10 million would be cheap to keep Matt away from Arizona or SF.

Reaction score
First off Dilfer is an idiot and was a shitty QB when he was in the league. He's always talking out of his ass, he's about as knowledgeable about Matts situation as Mel Kiper.

Matt's a smart guy, he knows he's not worth $10mil/year. If he really wants to be here like he keeps saying then he will be reasonable and sign for less.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
First off Dilfer is an idiot and was a shitty QB when he was in the league. He's always talking out of his ass, he's about as knowledgeable about Matts situation as Mel Kiper.

Matt's a smart guy, he knows he's not worth $10mil/year. If he really wants to be here like he keeps saying then he will be reasonable and sign for less.

I think Trent is in "Matt's Camp though" even though he denies talking with him. And I have no proof or insider info, its just my gut feeling... but Trent certianly has a mega QB/Man crush for Matt.

And to two points, yes I do think that Matt knows his worth, but Az or SF or other QB deprived teams may fork over 8-10 Mill for a short contract, I just dont think we should. Insert a decent QB (like Matt or Palmer) at SF or Az, and they become relevant.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think Dilfer is smart. I don't necessarily agree with his opinions, but I think he knows what he is talking about. He was a shitty QB, but there are lots of people who cannot play the position but are smart about it.

Reaction score
Exactly. Dilfer was a smart QB that reallly understood the position, hell Matt gave him a lot of credit foor his development into the 3 time pro bowler he became after Dilfer was here for a few years as his mentor. He just had very little natural talent.

Reaction score
I doubt he's in "matts camp"... he acts like he is though. That's what I mean when I say idiot, not literally stupid, but like all the analyst on TV and radio they state their opinions like they are FACT. Like fucking Kiper, he's a tool bag, he acts like he's putting together a Madden Franchise team when he evaluates talent and so many ignorant people believe and trust his opinions. Idiot.

Reaction score
Actually Al Davis builds his team like a Madden franchise... Seriously, the Raiders are really good in Madden.

Top Bottom