• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You the GM.... who would you pick?

CHawks4life29

Huddler
Reaction score
Here are my Scenario's There are a lot of ways this could pan out but I guess we will see Thur...

Scenario 1
@6 OL (Trent Williams)
@14 FS (Taylor Mays)
@60 RB (Ben Tate)
@104 DT (Linval Joseph or Lamarr Houston)
@127 CB (Kevin Thomas)

Scenario 2
@6 DT (Gerald McCoy)
@14 OL (Anthony Davis)
@60 FS (Morgan Burnett)
@104 RB (Joe McKnight)
@127 CB (Kevin Thomas)

Scenerio 3
@6 FS (Eric Berry)
@14 RB (CJ Spiller)
@60 OL (Vladimir Ducasse or Jared Veldheer)
@127 CB (Kevin Thomas)

OP
M

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
NFL Draft April 22-24
Round 1 April 22nd 4:30pm PST
Rounds 2-3 April 23rd 3:00pm PST
Rounds 4-7
April 24th 7:00am PST

Reaction score
mlemour;47378 said:
NFL Draft April 22-24
Round 1 April 22nd 4:30pm PST
Rounds 2-3 April 23rd 3:00pm PST
Rounds 4-7
April 24th 7:00am PST
Can't wait. Should be an interesting draft for the Seahawks, especially with 2 first round picks.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
CHawks4life29;47367 said:
Here are my Scenario's There are a lot of ways this could pan out but I guess we will see Thur...

Scenario 1
@6 OL (Trent Williams)
@14 FS (Taylor Mays)
@60 RB (Ben Tate)
@127 CB (Kevin Thomas)

Scenario 2
@6 DT (Gerald McCoy)
@14 OL (Anthony Davis)
@60 FS (Morgan Burnett)
@104 RB (Joe McKnight)
@127 CB (Kevin Thomas)

Scenerio 3
@6 FS (Eric Berry)
@14 RB (CJ Spiller)
@60 OL (Vladimir Ducasse or Jared Veldheer)
@127 CB (Kevin Thomas)

I might have to go with the Good Grief, the Bad, and the Ugly! Sorry... not very nice, I know. But - with the combination of Berry and Brown vs. Williams and Mays... I'll take the first. Mays has been falling fast because he can't read the ball. With the third... I don't see either of those OL as being able to step in at LT.

S: Eric Berry
OT: Charles Brown
WR: Damian Williams
OT: Tony Washington
DE: Te'o Nesheim

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;47243 said:
Um. Nice job ripping up the OP for his misspellings then doing it yourself. :rotfl:

And maybe I am misinterpreting you, but the following statement:

seems to directly contradict what you said in your post immediately above it:

In one post you say it is dumb to take a tackle if Berry is still around. In the next, you say shore up the lines first. :scratch:

Um...No. Please read again, the first part you quoted I simply stated we do not need to draft another QB until our lines are shored up.

Second portion I specifically referred to 2 players, not just tackles and safeties. And I simply stated I'd be pissed if they took williams over berry, williams being the 2nd or 3rd best tackle in the draft and berry being arguably a top 5 player in the entire draft. Not the same value level, and that's what I was implying, not sure how you missed that. Obviously if Okung is available, thats our guy, but all the other tackles aren't #6 material. That's been pretty established throughout this board, so again, I'm not sure how you misunderstood me, but I hope that clarifies.

Reaction score
on the national show yesterday they had KC taking their number 1 OT ---Bulaga

yes Bulaga. They said they were told by a KC official he was the Number one T on their board and would take him over Okung...... OT is their priority.

Wow....

And why do people still think Mays is top 15 material!? He is the 3rd rated S and is being projected out as a OLB by most teams.

Reaction score
As GM
No QB in the draft. Already wasted to many picks on a 3rd string back up. I would have to fire myself for doing that.
No RB in the first 2 rounds. Draft at least 3 linemen on O and 2 DL.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;47418 said:
on the national show yesterday they had KC taking their number 1 OT ---Bulaga

yes Bulaga. They said they were told by a KC official he was the Number one T on their board and would take him over Okung...... OT is their priority.

Wow....

And why do people still think Mays is top 15 material!? He is the 3rd rated S and is being projected out as a OLB by most teams.

Don't get me excited.... what national show?

I mean Okung would be amazing, but I just cant see Bulaga going before him...that'd be just stupid luck on our part and amazing! :)

Reaction score
Walddo;47423 said:

I mean Okung would be amazing, but I just cant see Bulaga going before him...that'd be just stupid luck on our part and amazing! :)

Remember the Chiefs helped us land Aaron Curry last year as well...

Reaction score
Walddo;47423 said:

1380 am fox affiliate

Yesterday Fox sports had a huge mock draft using local AP guys for the picks on the radio.
The KC guy said unless a DT was there Balaga was their guy.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Not sure what I was thinking, since even if they do take Bulaga, we still don't get Okung. Berry would be fantastic as well though....Okung or Berry and I would call the #6 pick a shining success.

OP
M

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
Here is what he says

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sea"]Moved Permanently[/ame]

Record: 5-11 | Needs: OT, RB, S, DE, WR
sea.gif

[ame]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&id=25503[/ame], RB, Clemson
Scenario 1: Spiller is the clear-cut No. 1 player at a primary need position and new coach Pete Carroll could use him as a Reggie Bush-type weapon.
Scenario 2: If Spiller is gone Trent Williams would be an option but concerns about his work ethic and football character will come into play.
Scenario 3: Berry could also fill a top need if he is still on the board.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=sea"]Moved Permanently[/ame] (from Denver)

sea.gif

[ame]http://insider.espn.go.com/nfldraft/draft/tracker/player?draftyear=2010&id=25729[/ame], S, Texas
Scenario 1: With no offensive tackle worth the pick remaining on the board, Thomas fills the team's next-biggest need and is a good value at this point.
Scenario 2: Should Davis slip to this point he would likely be the selection.
Scenario 3: Morgan or Pierre-Paul would enter the discussion if either falls, and Bryant would be a wild card from a pure talent standpoint.
Note: There has been a lot of talk about Clausen landing here and there is certainly room for a young quarterback behind the unproven Charlie Whitehurst, but all the noise coming out of Seattle about how much the Seahawks are in love with Clausen seems like a smoke screen to us.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
mlemour;47449 said:
Here is what he says

Seattle Seahawks

sea.gif

C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson
Scenario 1: Spiller is the clear-cut No. 1 player at a primary need position and new coach Pete Carroll could use him as a Reggie Bush-type weapon.
Scenario 2: If Spiller is gone Trent Williams would be an option but concerns about his work ethic and football character will come into play.
Scenario 3: Berry could also fill a top need if he is still on the board.

Seattle Seahawks (from Denver)

sea.gif

Earl Thomas, S, Texas
Scenario 1: With no offensive tackle worth the pick remaining on the board, Thomas fills the team's next-biggest need and is a good value at this point.
Scenario 2: Should Davis slip to this point he would likely be the selection.
Scenario 3: Morgan or Pierre-Paul would enter the discussion if either falls, and Bryant would be a wild card from a pure talent standpoint.
Note: There has been a lot of talk about Clausen landing here and there is certainly room for a young quarterback behind the unproven Charlie Whitehurst, but all the noise coming out of Seattle about how much the Seahawks are in love with Clausen seems like a smoke screen to us.

Yes, but there is one big piece of information missing from this anaylysis... McShay is a D-Bag that doesn't know as much about football as he thinks, and knows even less about the Seahawks. There is no way they take Spiller at 6. Trent is also a reach there, and I just can't get the sight out of my mind - twice seeing Bradford on the ground in pain because Trent missed a block. Same with sam's backup... for being looked at as a top 5 pick, he sure gave up a lot of sacks and QB hits last year. He may look good at the combine or on paper, but on film he leaves a lot to be desired. Remember, Trent gave up more sacks last year than C Brown gave up in two years. I'd even bet he gave up more sacks than Brown gave up QB hurries. And I wish someone could show me what I'm missing with Davis... he just looks slow on the field, which won't get you very far in the NFL.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Everyone falling in love with spiller is riddiculous!

Look! #6 Okung, Williams, Davis any three will do! or if you go S- Berry, you have to take OT at #14.

#14 S - Thomas, Mays, or DE - Griffen, Pierre, Morgan

Szat's three rulz for 1st round.

1. Get OT
2. Dont spend both 1st on one side of the ball.
3. For the love of god, wait on RB, this class is deep.
see 8 starters here:
1. CJ Spiller, Clemson
2. Jahvid Best, California (JR)
3. Ryan Mathews, Fresno State (JR)
4. Toby Gerhart, Stanford (JR)
5. Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss
7. Joe McKnight, USC
8. Ben Tate, Auburn
9. Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech (JR)
10. DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
11. Montario Hardesty, Tennessee
12. LeGarrette Blount, Oregon

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;47461 said:
Everyone falling in love with spiller is riddiculous!

Look! #6 Okung, Williams, Davis any three will do! or if you go S- Berry, you have to take OT at #14.

#14 S - Thomas, Mays, or DE - Griffen, Pierre, Morgan

Szat's three rulz for 1st round.

1. Get OT
2. Dont spend both 1st on one side of the ball.
3. For the love of god, wait on RB, this class is deep.
see 8 starters here:
1. CJ Spiller, Clemson
2. Jahvid Best, California (JR)
3. Ryan Mathews, Fresno State (JR)
4. Toby Gerhart, Stanford (JR)
5. Dexter McCluster, Ole Miss
7. Joe McKnight, USC
8. Ben Tate, Auburn
9. Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech (JR)
10. DeMarco Murray, Oklahoma
11. Montario Hardesty, Tennessee
12. LeGarrette Blount, Oregon

Okung is obviously the pick at 6 if he is there, which would be a dream come true. The only way I take Williams at 6 is if Okung, Berry, and Mccoy are all off the board. Even then I think I trade down because in my opinion taking Williams at 6 is a bit of a reach. But like I said, the only way I will not be pissed about them taking Williams with the 6th pick is if those 3 players are all off the board. Davis is a big reach at 6, even though I do like him a lot. We could trade down and grab him with a later pick in the round or even the 14th pick if that is the guy they want. I agree with you on the RB though. I really like Ben Tate and Montario Hardesty a lot, one of them should be available with our 2nd rd pick...but they wont last until our 4th.

Reaction score
If they take Eric Berry at 6th they might as well trade down to the 20's where Charles Brown is supposed to be drafted rather than taking him at 14. If C.J. Spiller or Derrick Morgan are on the board at 14 it should allow the Seahawks to easily move down.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;47489 said:
If they take Eric Berry at 6th they might as well trade down to the 20's where Charles Brown is supposed to be drafted rather than taking him at 14. If C.J. Spiller or Derrick Morgan are on the board at 14 it should allow the Seahawks to easily move down.

Maybe the Texans move up for Earl Thomas at 14? Or some other team moves up for Morgan or Pierre Paul in front of the Titans? Or another team moves up for Spiller or Morgan? Of course this is all dependent on if these guys are still there but moving down at #14 is a real possibility.

Top Bottom