• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

You the GM.... who would you pick?

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
You just got hired by Paul Allen to be the General Manager. You have grown tired of Tim Russet and Mike Holmgren making poor choices in player personal.
Here is your new desk…. You get the personnel files on all players handed to you.
On your desk: there is a file
Here is your new team! Here is what positions you need to fill in to make your team better. You also have a sheet that tells you what picks you have in the 2010 NFL Draft. You also have Tim Russet’s opinion on who to choose.

Seattle Seahawks
LT, DE, S, WR, RB, CB, G
First round (6,14) OT Trent Williams, DE Derrick Morgan
Second round picks (60) S Morgan Burnett
No third-round picks
Fourh Round (104,127) RB LeGarrette Blount QB Tom Pike

Now you can stick wih this list or change it. Who would you change? Who would you trade off the roster?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Who is Tim Russet? Do you mean Tim Ruskell?

And why do I have his opinion? If he has made such poor choices, why do I want it?

OP
M

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;47190 said:
Who is Tim Russet? Do you mean Tim Ruskell?

And why do I have his opinion? If he has made such poor choices, why do I want it?

Yes Tim Ruskell Personally I would take Williams and CJ Spiller. But if Berry shows up, im takng him. I would take Golden Tate 2nd round

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Your killing me dude, first Tim "Russet", and then "Tom" Pike? Who in the hell is Tom pike? Is that Tony Pikes less talented brother who played free safety at Cincinnati "State"?? Did you even think for more than 5 seconds before typing any of this?

Sorry dude, I know you meant well, but holy shit.....

Reaction score
6. Okung (Williams if Okung is gone)
14. Spiller (Morgan if Spiller is gone)

I don't watch enough College Football to say exactly who to pick after the 1st round, but they will still need a DE, WR, Safety, Guard, CB and DT if they address the LT and RB positions in the first.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Tom Pike is my dad... Seattle doesn't want him. This is a bit tough, as we don't know who will be off the board. But, here are my thoughts, in order of preference:

6) Okung, Suh, McCoy, Berry
14) Haden, Morgan, Charles Brown
60) Saffold if no OT yet, I'd love Tate here, but he's gone. Dunlap could fall to here, Chad Jones (S) if no Berry, Corey Wooten (DE), Donovan Warren could be there, maybe Joe McNight, etc... too many moving parts!
104)Tony Washington... Gibbs will make him a stud!
127)Teo Neisham, DE UW!
5th and beyond: Tony Pike could be there, maybe Blount, Jordan Shipley WR, anthony Dixon RB, etc...

I know we need an OT as bad as anything (except a S - we only have one on the roster, and he isn't that good), but - the LTs that everyone is all over this year just aren't that good. I don't want to reach at 6, and the odds are that there will be a much better option at 14, too, but I do like Charles Brown. That aside, I think Seattle has a surprise in store for us at the LT position.

I know we disagree Tez... and I could be on the crack pipe. But we have a chance to make some strides on our defense, and if we take one of the OTs that will be available, I think we'll be in the same position next year on OT.

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste any pick on a QB this year we already used a bunch of picks to bring in a clipboard holder and signal caller.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;47222 said:
Tom Pike is my dad... Seattle doesn't want him. This is a bit tough, as we don't know who will be off the board. But, here are my thoughts, in order of preference:

6) Okung, Suh, McCoy, Berry
14) Haden, Morgan, Charles Brown
60) Saffold if no OT yet, I'd love Tate here, but he's gone. Dunlap could fall to here, Chad Jones (S) if no Berry, Corey Wooten (DE), Donovan Warren could be there, maybe Joe McNight, etc... too many moving parts!
104)Tony Washington... Gibbs will make him a stud!
127)Teo Neisham, DE UW!
5th and beyond: Tony Pike could be there, maybe Blount, Jordan Shipley WR, anthony Dixon RB, etc...

I know we need an OT as bad as anything (except a S - we only have one on the roster, and he isn't that good), but - the LTs that everyone is all over this year just aren't that good. I don't want to reach at 6, and the odds are that there will be a much better option at 14, too, but I do like Charles Brown. That aside, I think Seattle has a surprise in store for us at the LT position.

I know we disagree Tez... and I could be on the crack pipe. But we have a chance to make some strides on our defense, and if we take one of the OTs that will be available, I think we'll be in the same position next year on OT.
Exactly my thoughts, if we take T. Williams over Berry then I'll be convinced Russell is still calling the shots. I swear...if we pass on Berry...it'll be THE stupidest thing this Organization has done all off season, bar none.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;47230 said:
I wouldn't waste any pick on a QB this year we already used a bunch of picks to bring in a clipboard holder and signal caller.

Exactly, a QB is the last thing we need. Shore up the friggin' lines first of all, and get everything else straight, then worry about drafting a future QB, even though we already did with Teel last year, which adds to the insanity of even thinking about drafting a QB this year what with no line and the whitehurst trade.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Walddo;47212 said:
Your killing me dude, first Tim "Russet" ......

Walddo;47233 said:
Exactly my thoughts, if we take T. Williams over Berry then I'll be convinced Russell is still calling the shots.

Um. Nice job ripping up the OP for his misspellings then doing it yourself. :rotfl:

And maybe I am misinterpreting you, but the following statement:

Walddo;47234 said:
Exactly, a QB is the last thing we need. Shore up the friggin' lines first of all, and get everything else straight, then worry about drafting a future QB, even though we already did with Teel last year, which adds to the insanity of even thinking about drafting a QB this year what with no line and the whitehurst trade.

seems to directly contradict what you said in your post immediately above it:

Walddo;47233 said:
Exactly my thoughts, if we take T. Williams over Berry then I'll be convinced Russell is still calling the shots. I swear...if we pass on Berry...it'll be THE stupidest thing this Organization has done all off season, bar none.

In one post you say it is dumb to take a tackle if Berry is still around. In the next, you say shore up the lines first. :scratch:

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
He even screwed up his screen name! "walddo" lol Where's that emoticon that says "cat like typing detected" ?? haha

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
Getting Berry and Spiller is the best case scenario for me.... There are offensive lineman we can sign in free agency or trade for

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
KRS-ONE;47250 said:
Getting Berry and Spiller is the best case scenario for me.... There are offensive lineman we can sign in free agency or trade for

There is not a FA LT out there that will work for Gibbs. We need Brown more than Spiller.

OP
M

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
KRS-ONE;47250 said:

I have to agree. Berry is great! He could help the DB when they screw up. I would take him over any lineman available! But I dont think he will get past KC at #5.

I think it might be a good idea to grab Brown if everyone thinks that Brown is better than Williams. To me, I think Carroll will work wonders with Brown but I can't take him at #6. How about trading our #6 pick to SF for their 13th and 17th pick. We would have #13, 14 and 17. Or is that too much? I love the NFL Draft! Is Brown a better Left tackle than Williams? Would trading down #6 pick to get Brown the way to go?

Looks like Browns are talking with Rams about #1 pick. Obviously Holmgren believes that Bradford is the answer. I like Clausen better. He would be better fit for Pete Carrol's offense. I think Whitehurst isnt better than Clauson is.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
We can take Brown at #14, he'll be there, not at 6 though. Heck, let's get Trent Williams and Charles Brown, move one to right tackle and trade Locklear. hehe :D

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
sigpro;47264 said:
We can take Brown at #14, he'll be there, not at 6 though. Heck, let's get Trent Williams and Charles Brown, move one to right tackle and trade Locklear. hehe :D

Man... i hope you were joking. Thereis only 1 OT that fits as top e0 talent. More will get drafted there, but only because teams don't have the luxury of later 1st round picks.

Housh was just on 710 and punked Callabro for saying the Hawks should take the best OT left at 6. Made KC look bad. He also said that sometimes there is a guy on the team that wasn't given a chance to step up last year but is ready to go through camp and do it this year. Hmmm... almost like he has someone in mind. Maybe Gibson! Be prepared Hawks fans... the players scoff at the idea of OT at 6. I've said it all along, and have been laughed at for it. I talked about Gibson months ago - TJ feels there is someone we aren't thinking of. We may grab Brown at 14, but don't freak if we don't go OT in the first round.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah I was kidding. :) I don't have my heart set on OT in the first round as long as we get the best players available. They could even go Berry/Morgan (assuming both players are available at our picks) and then address the offense in the later rounds.

OP
M

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
sigpro;47270 said:
Yeah I was kidding. :) I don't have my heart set on OT in the first round as long as we get the best players available. They could even go Berry/Morgan (assuming both players are available at our picks) and then address the offense in the later rounds.

I would do that! I would snatch Berry quick!

Top Bottom