• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will Carroll Attract Players?

Reaction score
#ONE said:
and why is marshall a scumbag, because he doesn't plant tree's and save whales with the seattle liberals or visit sick children for PR?

According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween 2004, while a student at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.[52]

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver, Colorado, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. The trio was attending a birthday party held for and by Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the players were leaving the club in a limousine, Williams was fatally shot in the neck after an unknown assailant opened fire on the vehicle. Willie Clark was later charged with the murder.[53] Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall's cousin earlier that night.[54]

On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[55] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[56]

In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[57] A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired.[58] He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.

On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance.[59] The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.[58]

According to an article published in the Rocky Mountain News on July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.[60]

A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond.[61] The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court.[62] On August 14, 2009, a jury in Atlanta found Marshall not guilty.[63]

On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond.[64] The charges were dropped the following day.[65]

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Oy vey is right! Seems like the typical NFL player these days, unfortunately. Probably why guys like Warner and Manning stand out, though they should be the norm.

BTW, back on topic, Jimmie Johnson on the pre-game today just predicted Carroll would last four (non-successful) years before going back to USC.

My head says he's right but heart hopes not!

TopGear

Huddler
Reaction score
There are enough former players out there that over time and thru FA they could want to reunite with Carroll . Do I think that we will have a line of players waiting to come to seattle ??? No.

There are so many things to address to "fix " this team I think we are in for the long haul and two years from now I dont see many current players on the roster

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
TopGear said:
There are enough former players out there that over time and thru FA they could want to reunite with Carroll . Do I think that we will have a line of players waiting to come to seattle ??? No.

There are so many things to address to "fix " this team I think we are in for the long haul and two years from now I dont see many current players on the roster
Hasselbeck, Forsett, Housh, Burleson, Butler, John Carlson, Max Unger, Marcus Trufant, Josh Wilson, Brandon Mebane, Lawrence Jackson, Lofa Tatupu, Leroy Hill, Aaron Curry, David Hawthrone, Owen Schmitt, Jon Ryan, Olindo Mare...Seems like a lot of guys to me.

TopGear

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
TopGear said:

Hasselbeck, Forsett, Housh, Burleson, Butler, John Carlson, Max Unger, Marcus Trufant, Josh Wilson, Brandon Mebane, Lawrence Jackson, Lofa Tatupu, Leroy Hill, Aaron Curry, David Hawthrone, Owen Schmitt, Jon Ryan, Olindo Mare...Seems like a lot of guys to me.

I dont Hass see has on this team in 2 years, Burleson cant stay healthy ,Schmitt is nothing special at FB and kickers don't count .Carroll will rebuild the hawks just like Holmgren did, in his own way and with the guys he wants. After the last two seasons nobody is safe and nobody should be.That locker room is full of guys that have no heart and don't want to win.They must go away !!!! were far from one piece of the puzzle to fix the mess Ruskell has created.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
TopGear said:
phaZe said:
TopGear said:

I dont Hass see has on this team in 2 years, Burleson cant stay healthy ,Schmitt is nothing special at FB and kickers don't count .Carroll will rebuild the hawks just like Holmgren did, in his own way and with the guys he wants. After the last two seasons nobody is safe and nobody should be.That locker room is full of guys that have no heart and don't want to win.They must go away !!!! were far from one piece of the puzzle to fix the mess Ruskell has created.
The offense was the blame for the bad season...they couldn't score, and got off the field quickly. The defense was on the field too much, but actually did pretty good against the run. I think the departure of Greg Knapp will turn things around offensively. His trademark "Run, Run, Pass, Punt" got him hated by most Seahawks fans. His runs on 3rd down almost never worked and didn't fool anyone like he tried to do.

It's hard to judge if a team doesn't have heart, but nobody ever wants to lose. These guys in the NFL didn't get a pass straight to the NFL. They worked their asses off. If they don't have heart or the desire to win now, they wouldn't have made it through High School/College.

Reaction score
Schmitt is the best FB on the team

TopGear said:
phaZe said:
TopGear said:

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
I definitely see Carlson and Wilson here for awhile, unless someone else goes after them. Young enough not to be "tainted" with the old regime and experienced enough to show they can contribute.

Barring any crappy seasons forward, of course, but that goes for anyone! (If Drew Brees throws for 2,000 yards, 9 TDs and 16 INTs next year, even he would probably be out. You're usually only as good as your last season.)

Top Bottom