• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Will Carroll Attract Players?

Reaction score
He definitely has a lot of Seahawk's players pumped up so do you guys think he will help attract more players to Seattle than in the past?

Reaction score
It's going to depend a lot on the CBA. If there is no salary cap there will be teams like Washington that will over-pay. Seattle can afford that, but I don't know if we will be able to compete with Seattle. Obviously Carroll will be able to attract at least I hope so his job at USC involves recruiting so he should have some experience at that. Plus reading comments by former players they respect the guy and that's something to play for.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
96 your post is not clear.

Im hoping the complete overhaul with the new coaching staff and direction will attract players, just like it did TJ. I mean, I think VIks were offering the same $ but he was excited to play in seattle under mora becuase of the sitution. PC should be able to lure some prospects with his clout one would think.

Reaction score
szat said:

Im hoping the complete overhaul with the new coaching staff and direction will attract players, just like it did TJ. I mean, I think VIks were offering the same $ but he was excited to play in seattle under mora becuase of the sitution. PC should be able to lure some prospects with his clout one would think.

My point is it's too early to tell if he will attract players because it all depends on the current CBA. If there is a new CBA I think he should be able to attract players because of his fire and ability to get someone interested in what his plans are. The main job as a college coach is to recruit. That involves getting a player to buy into your scheme and come to college. Therefore he has the ability to attract the players, but in Professional World it also matters how much money you throw at a player. That he can't control. That's what I was trying to make my point as.

Reaction score
Also helped that TJ wanted to be closer to home.

szat said:

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah exactly the situation, being closer to NW, the coahes, VMAC, and QB where the big selling points.

Thanks 96. I see your point. I remember one comment the Pete made in his PC on weds, "not overpaying guys". Not that he has the final say of that, but I think we have some overpaid guys here. Not mentioning any names...

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
It's going to depend a lot on the CBA. If there is no salary cap there will be teams like Washington that will over-pay. Seattle can afford that, but I don't know if we will be able to compete with Seattle.

Guessing you meant "Washington can afford that"? Just making sure I'm reading you right...and I agree if that's what you meant.

Reaction score
Yes I meant the Redskins. Sorry it was so "confusing" of a post. I got up early that morning so mentally might have still been sleeping.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
The less than reputable source of ESPN is suggesting we have interest in Brandon Marshall. If this is true what is everyone take on obtaining him?

I personally think the last thing we need to worry about atm is WR's. We could have Jerry Rice and Torry Holt and Matt would still get killed behind this line. The only way I would show any interest is if we traded players not picks. I would not mind sending Lofa packing to Denver as I believe we have enough money and depth at the LB position to make him expendable.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Striker said:
The less than reputable source of ESPN is suggesting we have interest in Brandon Marshall. If this is true what is everyone take on obtaining him?

I personally think the last thing we need to worry about atm is WR's. We could have Jerry Rice and Torry Holt and Matt would still get killed behind this line. The only way I would show any interest is if we traded players not picks. I would not mind sending Lofa packing to Denver as I believe we have enough money and depth at the LB position to make him expendable.
He will be an UFA if this CBA is worked out, but if it's than Denver has the right to match the contract of any other team. In that case the only way to pick up Marshall would be in a trade which would definitely include their 1st round pick that the Seahawks have and maybe Deion Branch could be thrown in to make it a 2nd.

Marshall, Housh, Butler and Burleson if the Hawk's resign him.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Is the Franchise Tag still valid without the new contract in place? If so they may just toss that on him and call it a day, perhaps tag him to trade. As for giving them a 1st I would rather stick with what we have than do that, but that is just me.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Same BS with the Lions and Cleveland. The best receivers in the world are worthless if there's no one to throw them the ball...or if the QB is running for his life and/or lying on his (injured) back!

Lofa to me is not expendable. Though I'd trade him for Hutch. ;)

Simply put: we need an O line that is not a dairy product from Switzerland.

--MP

Reaction score
there are 2 transition tags for next season

Striker said:
Is the Franchise Tag still valid without the new contract in place? If so they may just toss that on him and call it a day, perhaps tag him to trade. As for giving them a 1st I would rather stick with what we have than do that, but that is just me.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
JESUS! :pissed: Theres no getting rid of Lofa, I know he hasnt been as productive the last couple years, but he's alot more important to HIS defense then his stats show. Give him a offense that is worth a damn and youll see what I mean.

Brandon Marshall would be that game changer Seattle could use. That is if we loose an existing WR or two to FA, or worse. But I dont think we trade our 1st rd draft for 2011, that maybe reserved for our future QB.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
We need another Bobby Engram. Someone who Matt knows will be open and can step up on 3rd downs. Hopefully Deon Butler can try to fit the shoes left by Engram.

Reaction score
Is Brandon Marshall fast? I was watching some highlights and cutler just drops back and just fires a bomb and some how marshall out runs everyone and is way down field in a few seconds...

and why is marshall a scumbag, because he doesn't plant tree's and save whales with the seattle liberals or visit sick children for PR?

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Offensive line or not, passing up on Marshall would be straight retarded. The prospect of him and Housh out there is way too good to pass up. It just takes some smart drafting/free agency leg work to get a few pieces (offensive lineman) that give Matt a few extra seconds. Those few extra seconds, with the addition of Marshall and holy shit - we go from a 5 win team, to a 10 win team.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Dont forget Burleson.
Marshall isnt a scumbag but was pretty lame him sitting out in training camp. Think he has some contract/attitude issues.
I dont think Denver will tag him unless... he is happy there now.

I think I speak for everyone on the huddle, the FO, and everyone else that knows jack shit about football when i say OL is the #1 priority this offseason. It really goes w/o saying anymore...

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
szat said:
Dont forget Burleson.
Marshall isnt a scumbag but was pretty lame him sitting out in training camp. Think he has some contract/attitude issues.
I dont think Denver will tag him unless... he is happy there now.

I think I speak for everyone on the huddle, the FO, and everyone else that knows jack shit about football when i say OL is the #1 priority this offseason. It really goes w/o saying anymore...
You can get O-Line with 1 first and our 2nd round pick. Trade the other 1st and maybe Branch for Marshall and then resign Burleson.

Marshall, Housh, Burleson, Butler. + 2 new rookie O-Linemen.

Top Bottom