• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who is Jeremy Bates?

Reaction score
You guys have to remember Butler was only a rookie. He came in with high expectations- having to fill the shoes of Bobby Engram. What Engram did took him years of getting familiar with Hasselbeck. Butler is young and has time on his shoulder to learn the game. He's not going to be the No. 1 with TJ here and if we bring Nate back his role will remain the No. 3 guy at best next year. So give him time to use his skills he has and learn the role before you truly judge.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
phaZe;44278 said:
I think screens are good on 3rd down as long as the guy getting the ball has some blockers in front of him. It also helps if the guy getting the ball has some speed like Deon Butler.

I am a much bigger fan of RB screens than I am with wide receiver screens. RB screens have linemen in front of them who are primarily paid to block. Wide receiver screen ONLY work if you have good blocking wide receivers, which is a secondary role for them. However, if we had Hines Ward, the wide receiver screen would work sweet!

Reaction score
2 things..

wag how do you get your hands on "game film"?

and 2...

Butler is a rookie, yes, but so were DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal two years ago, and they blew shit up...

I like Butler, I was really excited about him coming out of the draft, but I realized Butler is JUST a speed guy... he isn't like Jackson in the sense you can give him a ball in space and he'll make guys miss.

We saw he couldn't do that averaging like .5 yards on punt/kick returns.

Hope he gets better, but I would like a BIG/fast guy this year... either draft or FA/trade ("convict" Marshall).

Reaction score
#ONE;44328 said:
2 things..

wag how do you get your hands on "game film"?

and 2...

Butler is a rookie, yes, but so were DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal two years ago, and they blew shit up...

I like Butler, I was really excited about him coming out of the draft, but I realized Butler is JUST a speed guy... he isn't like Jackson in the sense you can give him a ball in space and he'll make guys miss.

We saw he couldn't do that averaging like .5 yards on punt/kick returns.

Hope he gets better, but I would like a BIG/fast guy this year... either draft or FA/trade ("convict" Marshall).
Butler had that amazing game winning catch which probably boosted his confidence. The problem with at least 2 or 3 of his potential receptions were that Hasselbeck overthrew him by a foot and he had to dive to try to catch it. Hasselbeck isn't the type of QB who can quickly get in rhythm like Peyton Manning or even McNabb. Both of those guys have had to hook up with new players and both this season have had to pass two a rookie and a 2nd year player.

Reaction score
EricOV;44336 said:
dude its so easy now just go find a pic on google and copy and paste the url into your settings/ avatar section.

dude I know how to do that...

how do you think I did it in the first place?

I was just pissed that I have "redo" it all over again.

Reaction score
#ONE;44363 said:
dude I know how to do that...

how do you think I did it in the first place?

I was just pissed that I have "redo" it all over again.
Go Here: http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/forum/profile.php?do=editavatar (Or click the down arrow to the right of "User CP" near the top of the page, then "Edit Avatar")

Put this: http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/6583/oregononeava.jpg in Option 1 - Enter the URL to the Image on Another Website.

Click "Save Changes".

...Should take 20 seconds max.

BlueTalon

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On topic, I think a key difference between this year and last year will be Carroll's approach to analyzing his players with the goals of (A) getting them to their max potential and (B) having the system fit them, not having them fit the system.

Reaction score
I went from being a starter to a 5th round draft pick...

that means I am as bad as Owen Schmitt : (

Top Bottom