• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Who is Jeremy Bates?

Reaction score
Carroll said in his press conference that the offense is going to change terminology wise so that definitely means a new OC. He wants to be able to run the ball to help out Matt which could also mean a RB in FA or in the Draft.

Reaction score
Hope it goes back to what Matt is used too

phaZe said:
Carroll said in his press conference that the offense is going to change terminology wise so that definitely means a new OC. He wants to be able to run the ball to help out Matt which could also mean a RB in FA or in the Draft.

Reaction score
Bates I've heard is a lot like Knapp in terminology with the zone-blocking, but is more advanced in the WCO and more into running that than anything. If we add Alex Gibbs that will help our zone-blocking out if the line can learn it. I did some research on Bates and other than his days with Jay Cutler he wasn't anything too special in the NFL. So we will just have to wait and see, but as long as he's better than Knapp I don't care! I will say this... I miss Gil a lot!

Reaction score
Exactly, anyone is better than Knapp.

That guy was an idiot... run, run, screen pass for a loss, punt..

repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat... defense wears down..

final score..

37-6

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE said:
Exactly, anyone is better than Knapp.

That guy was an idiot... run, run, screen pass for a loss, punt..

repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat... defense wears down..

final score..

37-6

HAHA exactly!

I hope they can keep Solari, but sounds like they'll have that double covered.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
It's looking like Solari is on his way out with Gibbs being signed. As well as Bradley, Knapp and Zerrick Rollins.

This is exactly what I wanted from the Organization... CLEAN HOUSE!!!

thank you for stepping up to the plate and doing the right thing mr. Allen.

next...

release/trade at least 30% of the players

draft PLAY MAKERS... sign impact FA's

Reaction score
Carroll was saying he wanted to press conference to end so he could call Alex. He definitely seems excited about this and wants to get going right away on the transformation. I wouldn't be surprised we hear a lot off-season player moves.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The only thing I have to warn you about Bates is he loves to throw the wide-receiver screen. I have seen a lot of these plays go for negative yards during his play calling years at USC.

Maybe this will change once he gets to the pros...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;44276 said:
I <3 receiver screens. Deon Butler, that's all I have to say.

I do agree that wide receiver screens have a place in an offensive arsenal. But when it is 3rd and 15 and the defense is ready for pass play it is very frustrating to watch a wide receiver screen go for nothing. Then again this was watching college players, hopefully the pro offense will have some better results.

Reaction score
robdog;44277 said:
I do agree that wide receiver screens have a place in an offensive arsenal. But when it is 3rd and 15 and the defense is ready for pass play it is very frustrating to watch a wide receiver screen go for nothing. Then again this was watching college players, hopefully the pro offense will have some better results.
I think screens are good on 3rd down as long as the guy getting the ball has some blockers in front of him. It also helps if the guy getting the ball has some speed like Deon Butler.

Reaction score
You are assuming Butler will get more game smart and get on the field next year. Right now can he do the job? Yeah if a coach calls ;freeze' after the snap walks out on the field and moves him to where he is supposed to be and remind him of what he is supposed to do. Maybe he has ADD I don't know but he is not the smartest player on the field. If you saw the game film of his last 5 plays you'd know why those 5 plays were in 4 games.

Top Bottom