• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Wanna' talk Chicago ?

Reaction score
No, but he has used his legs to get us quite a few TDs though. Defenses come up to prevent him from running in the red zone and he throws it over their head.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
That's pretty average. Wilson sucks. :D

I've got a theory, instead of wearing weird socks, shaving my head or growing a beard. The more I bitch the better we do. So thanks for putting up with my bitching.

And the Rams beat SF, let the QB contoversy begin. ;)

We still need more points and RW is short

OP
BeerBeak

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey ! forgot that////// in the Bears game there were three televised commented on times when someone was 30 yards from the nearest Bear standing.... in the end-zone, waiting to be seen by Wilson..... (who never saw them and threw short) the announcers mentioned it, and showed it twice.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Hey ! forgot that////// in the Bears game there were three televised commented on times when someone was 30 yards from the nearest Bear standing.... in the end-zone, waiting to be seen by Wilson..... (who never saw them and threw short) the announcers mentioned it, and showed it twice.

We know he's short and can't see, whats the point ? The man can still ball . The point has never been his size, its if he can play or not because of it , what do you think the answer is to that question ?

Idahawk

Reaction score
The 70 yards Wilson got were huge, teams will have to account for this option wrinkle a lot more , which hopefully means bigger and better things in both passing and running games, lets not forget its all still a work in progress.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I've got a theory, instead of wearing weird socks, shaving my head or growing a beard. The more I bitch the better we do. So thanks for putting up with my bitching.

Deal. It all happened when I quit watching to give my kid a bottle. So you keep bitching and I will keep giving my kid bottles when the Seahawks play.

OP
BeerBeak

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
We know he's short and can't see, whats the point ? The man can still ball . The point has never been his size, its if he can play or not because of it , what do you think the answer is to that question ?
I am a HUGE fan of Wilson, IMHO the only Quarterbacks that ever played football were Kenny Stabler and Fran Tarkenton....period ! I lived in Minneapolis in the late 1970s and loved the Metropolitan, (but, the indoor Metrodome in 1982-was when I quit following the pussy team), Fran was (as they are saying), very much the same type player as Russel Wilson.

My Point being, that "I" was never aware of his inability to "see" ..... I always (until yesterday) felt that he was like many other short Q'Backs who , although short, have absolutely no problems being short and performing as well as a 6'4" QB.... obviously not so. It was never apparent to me (or any of the announcers in previous games) that this was ever a factor .... much less a glaring factor of three all-alone receivers doing side straddle hops in the end-zone unseen on three different plays that we threw incomplete or into traffic "short" on..
So, "what do I think the answer to that question is?" I think he is a great quarter back who will be here a long time But, now . . . (many games in) "I" see a fault.... visibility. I was blown away by this realization .

And, I now think... in the future it will be an extremely big issue... this was not frantic, or broken play, or quick decision stuff, he just flat ass did not see them ! Taking a 6 yard scary in traffic throw vs. a 35 yard freebie lobbed TD will be an issue in a tight game... I think I am disappointed. I deleted my tape now or I would give you frame times to go look at, WOW !

Idahawk

Reaction score
Never delete the game before your done arguing LOL

I saw the plays, I know which ones your talking about Zach Miller x 2. I really didn't get the second time Miller was wide open and Wilson didn't see him ? Wilson has missed open guys in every game this year , so has every other QB in the NFL. On the flip side he's not getting balls batted down and he's not throwing picks. Whatever Wilson is seeing is working out pretty good. I wouldn't sweat it, its been going on all year.

OP
BeerBeak

BeerBeak

Huddler
Reaction score
Never delete the game before your done arguing LOL

I saw the plays, I know which ones your talking about Zach Miller x 2. I really didn't get the second time Miller was wide open and Wilson didn't see him ? Wilson has missed open guys in every game this year , so has every other QB in the NFL. On the flip side he's not getting balls batted down and he's not throwing picks. Whatever Wilson is seeing is working out pretty good. I wouldn't sweat it, its been going on all year

I guess I had never noticed or been aware of any "unseen" receivers before yesterday ... as you say, there are always these unseens in every game by every quarterback, no big deal, it was just that I had always given Russel credit for simply choosing another receiver... and his lack of batted balls and other problems left me with a Hey ! I have been short all my life...I get it ! attitude, I always gave hime full support for managing the position (size doesn't matter).

My kids watch other teams, and listen to all the 1/2 time, after game, pregame stuff that I fast forward on through , there was footage and some commentary on two different third down plays we missed on where there were "standing" end-zone receivers. After all these weeks , yesterday "everybody" saw this ?

They emailed me hey, whats with the blind quarter back ? "Stevie Wilson" they are talking about ? and do you Hawks fans really "Wonder" if he is blind ? Ha Ha, just come over the news with some wide open guys trying to get his attention on a three and out, then getting really disgusted, one threw his helmet into the bench. ...

Idahawk

Reaction score

Idahawk

Reaction score
" Stevie Wilson " lol that's pretty good . Need to get him some spectacles and an orchard ladder !

With success comes scrutiny, I'm sure we will get a stomach full of everything he does wrong as we get closer to the post season.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Well now that they lead the division we may see them in the playoffs. Beating them in GB would be sweet.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

What the exactly are you trying to say?? Like your avatar, its not making alot of sense.
I think your saying, Wilson is missing open recievers because of his "limitations?".

On the 2 miller misses, I think that he did not even get to that read, On one of those plays I remember he was looking right the whole way, because he had trips right (3WRs).

Lots of QB's miss wide open guys, is it because he cant see?? I dont think so, I think its more disipline then hieght limitation.

Top Bottom