• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Uh Oh... we are back!!

Reaction score
31-6 molestation of the Faggot9ers and this forum is dead... where you at 12th man!!

Let's hear some thoughts on today's homicide...

Reaction score
Defense played great, especially against the run. I really like how big, quick and physical Red Bryant is. Dexter Davis looked good and so did Earl Thomas. Thomas seemed to be around the ball every play which is a good thing.

I also liked how the Seahawks occasionally put 3 lineman out on the field with 4 linebackers. That really plays toward the strength of this team. I think I saw a play where they had Davis (Or another LB/DE), Brock and Curry on the line which should help bring pressure on the QB.

Overall, I really liked the way this team played. The offense started slow, but once they got it going they looked really good. Carlson's 1 handed catch near the sideline was definitely the best catch of his career and Hasselbeck looked fired up out there (Check my sig for his reaction after his rushing TD).

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Division game, big win. This is only the first step though, lets be honest. Game 1, home game, new coach, new excitement. Hopefully we can carry this into week 2 and continue to roll.

Reaction score
The 49ers have 3 play makers on offense.
Frank Gore 17 rushes, 38 yards. Michael Crabtree 2 catches 12 yards. Vernon Davis 8 catches 73 yards.

Shut down two of those weapons and contained Davis which was a match up I was really worried about. Great to have a healthy Trufant back! This is the kind of play the haters forgot he was capable of. The entire secondary played great (which is why Frank Gore was their second leading receiver with 6 catches and 45 yards) the run D looked very good and the pass rush played pretty well, they got in essence 3 sacks with that intentional grounding call but they weren't good at all to start the game. Biggest gripe I have about the defense is 2 & 19 and you don't expect a screen pass? Come on...

Offense looked bad to start the game, Matt looked like he was expecting to be under pressure but the protection was actually really good. Running game was non-existant until the 4th quarter even then it wasn't great minus that 32 yarder by Forsett before that play we only had 29 yards rushing the whole game lol. Saw a lot of good things from the passing game after it got going, Mike Williams made a big play (I still think he got in), Butler's touchdown was a beautiful pass by Matt, Branch's TD was all about chemistry, he is our longest tenured receiver. Would have liked to see Golden Tate, I don't think he played at all.

Bu let's not get ahead of ourselves by saying that we're "back" no one was expecting the niners to be great, just good enough to beat the teams in this division. There are a few things that still need a lot of work.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
This set the tone for the season.

When I first saw this game on our schedule in April, I thought this would be the most important game of the year.
What a shocker, to come out and put an ass kicking on a physical team like the 49ers, when all the media (local and national) already picked them as NFC west darlings. "If you wanna crown the bastards, CROWN THE BASTARDS!!!"

Not so fast Mr. Sando... We now roll into Denver with a swagger... And the 49ers have Saints next week.
Lets see how they bounce back.

Red zone defense was on point and really changed the game in the 1st/2nd quarter by stopping critcal 3rd and 4th down conversions and getting the 2 big turnovers.

Though our secondary, inclulding K. Jennings looked very solid.

We have the QB to lead this team.
Need to get some rush some how, some way, but our WR, looked good, Our OL blocked well.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SEAHAWKS!!!!!

On side note I saw Dave "softy" Mauler before the game, he gave me a high five!
That was sweet, I could tell he was pumped up too.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger;50261 said:
The 49ers have 3 play makers on offense.
Frank Gore 17 rushes, 38 yards. Michael Crabtree 2 catches 12 yards. Vernon Davis 8 catches 73 yards.

Shut down two of those weapons and contained Davis which was a match up I was really worried about. Great to have a healthy Trufant back! This is the kind of play the haters forgot he was capable of. The entire secondary played great (which is why Frank Gore was their second leading receiver with 6 catches and 45 yards) the run D looked very good and the pass rush played pretty well, they got in essence 3 sacks with that intentional grounding call but they weren't good at all to start the game. Biggest gripe I have about the defense is 2 & 19 and you don't expect a screen pass? Come on...

Offense looked bad to start the game, Matt looked like he was expecting to be under pressure but the protection was actually really good. Running game was non-existant until the 4th quarter even then it wasn't great minus that 32 yarder by Forsett before that play we only had 29 yards rushing the whole game lol. Saw a lot of good things from the passing game after it got going, Mike Williams made a big play (I still think he got in), Butler's touchdown was a beautiful pass by Matt, Branch's TD was all about chemistry, he is our longest tenured receiver. Would have liked to see Golden Tate, I don't think he played at all.

Bu let's not get ahead of ourselves by saying that we're "back" no one was expecting the niners to be great, just good enough to beat the teams in this division. There are a few things that still need a lot of work.
Did anyone see Carroll's reaction after that TD? He was blown away, lol.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Do you guys think Tate being inactive could have something to do with injuries at another position, requiring us to suite more players at that position or maybe cause Pete has like 10 different guys shuffle into the starting D line?

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;50272 said:
Do you guys think Tate being inactive could have something to do with injuries at another position, requiring us to suite more players at that position or maybe cause Pete has like 10 different guys shuffle into the starting D line?

I would say he isn't ready for primetime yet. Hopefully Pete will answer that in the press conference. Really enjoyed the win, and got to watch a substantial portion of the game on redzone. Looking forward to next week when Fox claims to have Seahawks on the national coverage.

Either that or I'll have to take my 6 week old to the sports bar.... :-D

Go Hawks!

P.S.: Not sure if it's been said, but I read Sando has apologized for underestimating the Hawks and for crowning the 49ers.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
How loud was that game??? Crowd been saving that up for a long time. Good present for everyone on opening night! :)

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
LOUD AND PROUD!
On a few occassions SF called TO because Alex couldnt communicate with his OC.

I know Sando appologized, thats cool, doesnt mean we wont rub it in his face a bit.

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Sando is a doucher... like I said sucking on the teet of the niners and cards and always hating on the hawks.

Mo-hawk fan

Huddler
Reaction score
My neighbor is a HUGE 49ers fan. I dressed his kid in my Hawks jersey and sent him home...he flipped me off! LOL!

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
The more I watch the Chargers Chiefs game, the more I think there is a great chance we'll go 3-0....

but then again this is the NFL and our team is the Seahawks... so who knows

S

Seattlehawk94

#ONE;50255 said:
31-6 molestation of the Faggot9ers and this forum is dead... where you at 12th man!!

Let's hear some thoughts on today's homicide...

Monday hangover, no voice....LOL...Didn't leave Seatown from my postgame tailgating till after 9...Haha....Let's just say the cooler was killed...
:emoticon-0176-smoke

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;50296 said:
Monday hangover, no voice....LOL...Didn't leave Seatown from my postgame tailgating till after 9...Haha....Let's just say the cooler was killed...
:emoticon-0176-smoke

Haha, I hate that. Going into work the next day it's like "I must be catching a bug or something." I get that same bug at least 8 times per year, and they alll coincide with Hawks home games at Qwest. Go figure huh? :swoon2:

Reaction score
JerseyBronco;50358 said:
Back to a top 10 pick.

Oh really? Is your poorly run franchise going to trade us a 1 for a 2 again? Thanks for Earl Thomas BTW how's that second rounder treatin' ya?

OP
#ONE
Reaction score
Hey 94, I think it's time to use those mighty powers of yours and get rid of some unwanted parasite...

Top Bottom