• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

UFL

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I am actually interested in this leagues approach.

Here is a link to their site.

http://www.ufl-football.com/home

They start playing in the fall and finish near Thanksgiving. Sadly no team where I am, but they play their games during the NFL's season on Thurdays and Fridays.

I would love to see Marty Schottenheimer coach an expansion team next season. Also am looking to see if Graham Harrell signs with any of the teams if an NFL team doesn't give him a shot. Also watching for any of the Vets who are not signed on but still have the heart to play.

I know most leagues outside the NFL fail, but I am hoping this one breeds competition. Worst case scenerio I hope they become the developmental league we need for our Rookies and practice squads.

Let me know what ya think.

Reaction score
I think it will have more success than the XFL, but it won't be able to survive next to the AFL (Arena Football League) and NFL. Especially since the economy is still in the shitter and people aren't opening their wallets as much as before.

S

Seattlehawk94

It's a joke....If they play more than one year I'd be amazed..I'll be amazed if they even play a first season, most of these leagues don't....

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Well they are anchoring on Dennis Green to carry them reputation wise. I believe they are hoping to recruit some more high profile coaches and players. Look how many are in the FA.

Coaches: Marty Schottenheimer, Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren, Bill Cowher, Tony Dungy, Jon Gruden are the high profile targets you would assume they will at least explore for their expansion teams they plan to put in after the first season.

Players: John Lynch, Marvin Harrison, Trent Green, Graham Harrell, Alexander, Deuce Mcallister, and many many more.

I believe this is the perfect time to start a league. The NFL could experience a Lockout by the Owners if this collective barganing agreement is not brought together. If the NFL is out for a single season, that brings the question where do all of us angry fans go? Then many of our players go to UFL to stay in shape and keep sharp, which would then expand the reputation of this league.

Is it a long shot? Yes. However is it possible and the right timeing? Yes and Yes. I can say this much. I allready am interested, and if they sprinkle in a couple my old favs like Lynch or Marty, believe I will be watching very closely.

Just my opinion.

S

Seattlehawk94

The league's logo is perverted...LOL...didn't we already talk about this league in another topic?

OP
Striker

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah but that post came after I brought this one up. But yes I did mention it in what I believe is the Holmgren topic.

We agree that Holmgren won't go to the UFL, however that doesn't mean if I am the UFL I wouldn't try throwing money and full control at him like bombs at Pearl Harbor.

S

Seattlehawk94

Uh...that post we are talking about was from like March ..

Reaction score
The only thing that might help this league is if the NFL goes on a lockout in 2011. Otherwise consider it a XFL or USFL short lived league trying to compete with the NFL.

Reaction score
Well, with only 4 teams, it sounds really boring. I totally miss NFL Europe, even with its 6 teams. It was just dang good football.

Reaction score
Yeah I forgot it was this year they were taking off lol. I thought it was supposed to be 2008 and that it hadn't played in two-years. My bad.

Reaction score
That's not that big a surprise... Sucks though, I totally would have gone to AFL games if Seattle had a team.

S

Seattlehawk94

Want a laugh?

Check out the UFL teams names and unis....LOL...They look like colored versions of those old white cans with just the word "Beer" on the side...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
beergeneric.jpg

Top Bottom