• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Trent Richardson or Marshawn Lynch ?

Lynch or Richardson ?

• Lynch is the man, pay him, he's no Shaun Alexander.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Get the young stud and start him

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Don't waste the pick on a running back in the first round

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Thomas is a really physical running back. Did you see him against the Lions? The first guy never brought him down. I'm not saying he's as physical as Lynch, but he is a similar style of runner that can be had for cheap since he's never been a feature back.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Totally #1, only back I can compare the violent running style is Marrion Barber, but I think Lynch is better than a healthy Marrion.

List I saw had Ray Rice, Forte, Ryan Grant, Hillis, Benjarvis, LT, Cedric Benson, all as UFA, then Arian Foster as RFA.
as top free agents, if true, that is alot of saturation on the market. Of course teams will try to pick their players back up.

Is Pierre a FA?

Reaction score
Idk man, to me Thomas is more of a guy that makes tacklers miss him. Marshawn is more of a tackle breaker. Whatever that means

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
honestly at this point the only RB i would take over lynch is AP and considering the severity of his injury i might take lynch.and i think he runs great for our Line scheme.

The Heater

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch is the identity of this offense on the ground. No way we lose this guy.

Reaction score
You must not watch the Saints much then, because Thmas is a power back, he can make people miss a little too. I actually like Thomas a lot, if we had a back more like Jamaal Charles or Lesean McCoy I'd love to have him as a change of pace. But with Lynch it wouldn't be much of a change of pace.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Look Lynch did get 1200 yards this year but it was also a career high in attempts for him as well. He has only had one season where he has played all 16 games and he rarely breaks a big run . Good yes , but not elite, not yet. We can't expect him to take a pounding like that and be the entire offense for this team. I'd like to see a Richardson or A Doug Martin type guy with some speed to spell Lynch as well as another big full back to pound it at the goal line.

Reaction score
He's a battering ram, he can make 5, 6, 7 yard carries where other backs get maybe 2. He wears a defense down, and he can break big runs. He out ran Asante Samuel to the endzone against the Eagles this year. I like Doug Martin, but he's not much faster than Lynch. If you want someone with break away speed to spell Lynch, Lamichael James or Chris Polk could do that... Or we could just use Leon.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Polk would be awesome, we should snag him in the 3rd- 4th if he's still there.

Reaction score
I love the idea of drafting LaMichael for obvious reasons. Even Duck haters have to admit that he has special play making abilities. You give him the ball in the open field and its a TD every time. He's also really good returning the ball. I think if he can put on 5-10lbs and runs a good forty at the combine he might climb up into the 2nd. Idk if the hawks would spend a 2nd rounder on him, but i certainely wouldn't mind it. Especially if we addressed the pass rush need in the 1st.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
i think lamichael would be a amazing change of pace back for lynch

Yes he would and would be a great move for the Hawks , really any back with speed and ball catching ability would be a great add. Martin has performed well in a pro style offense, I give him the slight edge over James because of that, but either would be fine by me.

Flip- yes lynch is all those things but he didn't come to Seattle as "beast mode " I am leery of a guy who has quit on one team already when times got rough . If he does get signed and plays like this next year, I will be the first guy in line for a jersey, right now I'm thinking we need another back just in case.

HawkNRoller

Huddler
Reaction score
Beastmode all they way. No way he leaves Seattle now that things are coming together. No way I'd waste a high pick on a RB - we need a QB first. I love the way Lynch runs - angry, violent and punishes people. Keep Lynch in Seattle!!!!!

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i dont think i seen one run this year by lynch were the first guy took him down, hes AP just not as fast

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Beastmode all they way. No way he leaves Seattle now that things are coming together. No way I'd waste a high pick on a RB - we need a QB first. I love the way Lynch runs - angry, violent and punishes people. Keep Lynch in Seattle!!!!!

I agree, there are alot of backs in FA and in later rounds. Only get a polk or LaMichael or other it it is at a good value should we pick either, talking 3rd/4th round.

Reaction score
I think both Polk and "The Michael" go late 2nd or early 3rd. I wouldn't be mad if the Hawks took James with their 2nd. I know many will disagree, but this kid is special, trust me ive seen every game this kid played as a Duck. If he even plays half as good as he did in College, with Lynch and our defense, we will be a force to reckon with. And Marshawn all the way!! Go YouTube his highlights from this season and that will be the only reminder you need!

Top Bottom