• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Trent Richardson or Marshawn Lynch ?

Lynch or Richardson ?

• Lynch is the man, pay him, he's no Shaun Alexander.

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Get the young stud and start him

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Don't waste the pick on a running back in the first round

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Idahawk

Reaction score
Trent Richardson has declared and is a top 10 player that may fall into the 10-15 range due to supply and demand. If he's there do you want him with that pick ? Or do you think Lynch will continue to perform if and when he gets paid and we don't need a back.

Reaction score
Lynch. I've only seen Richardson play a few times, but he looks smaller and less physical than Lynch and on top of that, Lynch has actually proven himself at the NFL level.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I would rather have a pass rusher with our first round pick. Running backs are workhorses that can be found throughout the draft. Of the 8 teams remaining in the playoffs, which running back was a first rounder in draft?

• Ahmad Bradshaw/Brandon Jacobs (7th/4th)
  • Ryan Grant/James Starks (Undrafted/6th)
  • Pierre Thomas/Darren Sproles (Undrafted/4th)
  • Frank Gore/Kendall Hunter (3rd/4th)
  • Arian Foster/Ben Tate (Undrafted/2nd)
  • Ray Rice/Ricky Williams (2nd/1st)
  • Willis McGahee/Lance Ball (1st/Undrafted)
  • BenJarvus Green-Ellis/Danny Woodhead (Undrafted/Undrafted)
The only two first rounders on the list are on their 4th (Williams) and 3rd (McGahee) teams and not because they signed huge free agency deals, but rather because they were not that great.

Two other young first rounders did not make the list: Mark Ingram and Knowshon Moreno. Both are injured and unable to contribute to their teams.

The point of all this? Why waste a pick in the first round on a position in which it is easy to find the same or better talent in later rounds? Resign Lynch.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Nice stats 18 . To think we almost grabbed Arian Foster !

As long as Lynch doesn't want the farm or play contract games I say sign him. He does lack break away speed and a young back with fresh legs could add 3-4 TDs a year . Forsett just isn't getting it done and Washington had an off year, he's kinda lost in the shuffle I think.

Richardson won the Doak Walker award , and even when Ingram was at Alabama Richardson was the better back, he is really good in the passing game as well as kick returns . If he's sitting there it would be hard for a team to pass on him.

Reaction score
1st round RBs lately have been hit or miss recently...

AP, Steven Jacksn, and Chris Johnson obviously have been great. Lynch is good, Mendanhall is pretty good, McFadden is great when healthy, Jonathan Stewart should get more carries. But I don't think Moreno, Wells, Addai, Best, Spiller, Felix Jones, Bush, Ingram, etc. Aren't worth 1sts considering most of the sucessfull backs have been found later in drafts lately. Rice, MJD, Forte, Murray, McCoy, Charles, Hillis, Foster, Turner and Gore.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Looks like were looking for that diamond in the ruff, probably Forsetts replacement.

The Seahawks have officially signed Tyrell Sutton to a future contract. It’s just that the former running back for the Panthers had beaten the team to the formality by announcing the move on Twitter.
Normally, players signed to future contracts are shoulder-shrugging transactions. But after the significance of what came out of last year’s class it has become, well, more significant. That’s because the 11-player class from 2011 included cornerback Brandon Browner, who started all 16 games, returned two of his team-high six interceptions for touchdowns and was a first alternate to the Pro Bowl this season; and Paul McQuistan, who started 10 games at three different positions on the injury-ravaged offensive line.
Sutton, 25, played at Northwestern and then was signed by the Packers after not being selected in the 2009 NFL Draft. The Packers released Sutton on the final cut, with the intention of signing him to their practice squad. But the Panthers swooped in and grabbed him. He was with Carolina until last September, when the Panthers released him.
Although only 5 feet 8, Sutton is an instinctive runner and at 211 pounds has the strength and toughness to run between the tackles. He played in 16 games in two seasons for the Panthers, making his only start at fullback in 2009, and can contribute on special teams as a kickoff returner and coverage man. Playing behind Jonathan Stewart and DeAngelo Williams, Sutton averaged 5.6 yards on 25 carries. He also caught 18 passes and graded out well in pass protection.
Where Sutton fits with the Seahawks remains to be seen, of course, but Leon Washington is the only returning running back under contract for the 2012 season. Leading rusher Marshawn Lynch, versatile backup Justin Forsett and fullback Michael Robinson are scheduled to become unrestricted free agents on March 13.
Ohio’s “Mr. Football” as a senior at Archbishop Hoban High School in Akron, Sutton ran for 1,476 yards to earn Freshman All-American honors his first season at Northwestern. Ankle (2007) and wrist (2008) injuries cut into his playing time the next two seasons, but he did run for 890 yards and score eight touchdowns before being injured in 2008.
Sutton is the 10th player the Seahawks have signed to a future contract, joining wide receiver Charly Martin, defensive tackle Adrian Taylor and seven players who spent time with the team in 2011 – defensive end Pierre Allen, linebacker Allen Bradford, cornerbacks Coye Francies and Jesse Hoffman, defensive end John Graves, tight end John Nalbone and guard Brent Osborne.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i say sign lynch and adress pass rusher or another Lineman in the draft. i feel richardson will be a good rb in the nfl but we have bigger needs

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
I say whomever is cheaper, If Lynch wants big bucks it may cheaper to take the rookie and get a younger and more talented back.

Sorry I'm just not drinking the Lynch koolaid based on one run last year and a contract year this year. And to be honest tossing a rainbow of fruit flavors at a running back is not how I want my team viewed. Rainbows belong on VW's in Oregon.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
"Haha, fuck you too Ida"
The behavior here is so low it's become oregon.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Has anyone seen the list of FA RB's? I think we can get Lynch for a 'reasonable' price, and not tag him, that would be over his value. Get a RB mid late draft, we definetly need a 2-3 back system, that is a good model for this Division.

Reaction score
The only similarity I see between Lynch and Thomas is their size. I don't want to sound like a total homer, but I don't know if any runningback runs quite like Lynch. It's like he's possessed. Lynch brings an attitude to the offense that Thomas can't.

Top Bottom