• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

The WBC thread

S

Seattlehawk94

Correction Bob....WBC Winning Hit...

1-5 though...Still worried about him starting slow.

Johjima had a better WBC, I think he's going to have a great season...

Kenji WILL hit .300 this year...Don't ask me why...Just think he will..

OP
bobflipaburger
Reaction score
That would be great. I think he's still going to see a reduction in playing time though. He'll definitely start against lefties, but I think Clement is going to get a lot of starts this year too since Griffey will probably DH because Chavez, Gutierrez, and Ichiro would be the absolute best defensive outfield in the league.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
That would be great. I think he's still going to see a reduction in playing time though. He'll definitely start against lefties, but I think Clement is going to get a lot of starts this year too since Griffey will probably DH because Chavez, Gutierrez, and Ichiro would be the absolute best defensive outfield in the league.
I think Balentien will get that job out in left field, but the position has a few guys who could take it. Wilson has shown he has a lot of homerun ability and can play defense. We also have Chavez and Griffey who can take that spot as well as Mike Morse who could either take it, backup for Left or backup for all the outfield positions.

Clement and Johjima will definitely split playing time and it will probably be determined by L/R Handed Pitching and who is on a hot streak and who is on a cold streak.

I believe Gutierrez his like 22 homers last year and has some good speed and can play Center very well. Chavez is pretty good, but Balentien has had a good spring so that is too close to call.

I think 1st Base, Shortstop and Left Field are all still up in the air on who will start. Betancourt needs to learn to be patient and until he does I think Cedeno could get a chance to take his spot, or at least force him to play the way the Manager wants him to. Branyan and Sweeney both could take first and LaHair came up last year and didn't do that bad, but I think Branyan will take the job and Sweeney will play backup and DH when Griffey plays Left.

Top Bottom