• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks, Vikings talking trade for Percy Harvin

wayupwaydown

Huddler
Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster here.

I love this move. Harvin is really young and proven and the contract shouldn't be an issue. Schnieder has done a great job with the roster and cap. Flynn will likely be gone and Washington is expendable now as well. There is no one they could get with the first round pick that would have the impact he can have if he stays healthy.

This offense, if healthy, should be very explosive and almost unstoppable. If they can somehow get a pass rush, I don't see any other team being better than them next year.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Welcome to the huddle guys, its been mighty quiet this offseason on here. Maybe we just needed some new blood!
:devilish:

I was excited at first then nervous then back to excited again about Percy Harvin. I think we overpaid, but thats okay.
My biggest concern (fear) is that he has questionable character. His skills are undeniable. Hopefully our strong lockerroom will be a good influeance for him, he is still very, very, young, and impressionable.

Dane

Huddler
Reaction score
Welcome to the huddle guys, its been mighty quiet this offseason on here. Maybe we just needed some new blood!

I think more will trickle in since Yahoo decided to shut its message boards down. I know that's why I started coming back here more frequently anyways.

I was excited at first then nervous then back to excited again about Percy Harvin. I think we overpaid, but thats okay. My biggest concern (fear) is that he has questionable character. His skills are undeniable. Hopefully our strong lockerroom will be a good influeance for him, he is still very, very, young, and impressionable.

I was a bit shocked and freaked out when I heard that we traded for him and what we gave Minnesota, but then calmed down after remembering all the other questionable players PC & JS have brought in and gotten to produce. If there's one thing they can do, it's take problem child type players and get them turned them around so they are playing at their highest potential. As for the price tag, I think Percy Harvin is smart enough to realize that PC doesn't let money stand in the way of cutting you or making you a back up if you're causing problems, not playing hard enough, or if someone better just happens to come along. He only needs to look at Matt Flynn and TJ Houshmandzadeh for that reminder.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think more will trickle in since Yahoo decided to shut its message boards down. PC doesn't let money stand in the way of cutting you or making you a back up if you're causing problems, not playing hard enough, or if someone better just happens to come along. He only needs to look at Matt Flynn and TJ Houshmandzadeh.

Glad to get some peeps up in here from Yahoo...

This deal is different, we cant just bench, cut this guy, this guys got 14.5 M gaureenteed +inj of Paul Allens money in his pocket. No, this kind of a contract you are married to him, there is more risk but obvious high reward if it works out!

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster here.
Glad to see you posting on this board. DSO is also going to post on it. I think you will like this board.
I love this move. Harvin is really young and proven and the contract shouldn't be an issue. Schnieder has done a great job with the roster and cap. Flynn will likely be gone and Washington is expendable now as well. There is no one they could get with the first round pick that would have the impact he can have if he stays healthy.

This offense, if healthy, should be very explosive and almost unstoppable. If they can somehow get a pass rush, I don't see any other team being better than them next year.

OP
S

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
Glad to get some peeps up in here from Yahoo...

This deal is different, we cant just bench, cut this guy, this guys got 14.5 M gaureenteed +inj of Paul Allens money in his pocket. No, this kind of a contract you are married to him, there is more risk but obvious high reward if it works out!
Several posters will probably be coming on this board after yahoo closed it's board. I have posted on both for quite awhile and really like this board because lack of trolls and good input. I have spread the word to good posters on the old yahoo board to try this one out.

Top Bottom