• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Sign Earl Thomas to blockbuster deal .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Report I saw was 4 - year $40 M with 27.7M guaranteed.
The only issue I would have is, why not a 5/6 year deal?

ET has so much football ahead of him, he is only 24 and nothing but up to go.
#1 priority this off-season.... check.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
$28M guaranteed for a SAFETY?:roflmao:

It's nothing to laugh at , it's the going rate , see Byrd and Berry , they both actually got more per year with Berry at 9 mil per , so I'd say for the best Safety in football we got a discount .

Esto Perpetua

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
If he plays it out. $28M guaranteed won't leave much room with the salary cap and Wilson yet to be signed. Its all part of the dismantling which is the curse of the ultimate success in winning the super bowl.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Having one high paid QB seems to be the opposite of NFL success. I think Wilson is a great QB, but without defense we're an average team.

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Having one high paid QB seems to be the opposite of NFL success. I think Wilson is a great QB, but without defense we're an average team.

In the '00s a strong case can be made for that. It would seem counterintuitive given the rules changes to favor the QB and the offense in general over the defense. Perhaps Petey is on to something here? In order to save Petey from himself Robert Quinn will sideline the soon to be extremely expensive Russel Wilson from further consideration for the Seahawks.;)

Reaction score
Have you considered that by 2016 the cap is going to increase by over $20M/season from where it is now?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score
Have you considered that by 2016 the cap is going to increase by over $20M/season from where it is now?

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

That is misleading since it is quickly spread amongst many players. Doubtful it will help enough with Sherman and Wilson to be resigned. Like I said…..dismantling…..by whatever means it is inevitable with free agency and the salary cap.

Reaction score
That is misleading since it is quickly spread amongst many players. Doubtful it will help enough with Sherman and Wilson to be resigned. Like I said…..dismantling…..by whatever means it is inevitable with free agency and the salary cap.

lol there's a lot of wishful thinking in there too. Dismantling is a very strong word. Robert Quinn is going to get a FAT payday too. Probably more than Sherman.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Yet another whine from you about me. At least you're predictable.:rolleyes:

You know that You've got your hooks in them when they refuse to ignore you. ;)

Oh and btw, say hello to last place for us when you get there.

Top Bottom