• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Daily Blog Reports

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Re: Seahawks Free Agent Daily Reports

Seattle Times is reporting Seattle hosted Lucas earlier in the month. If this is true and Lucas is on his way back to Renton I would safely assume it's to sign a deal. I am trying to follow through on Lucas in Renton right now.

Wag-
Where did you get the report he is on his way to Renton right now?

Reaction score

Hawk096 said:
Seattle Times is reporting Seattle hosted Lucas earlier in the month. If this is true and Lucas is on his way back to Renton I would safely assume it's to sign a deal. I am trying to follow through on Lucas in Renton right now.

Wag-
Where did you get the report he is on his way to Renton right now?

Best friend is in Chicago and it sounded to him on their radio station that the Bears wanted him BUT he was headed to meet with the Seahawks this week. (he emailed me monday)

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Ok I was just wondering. I still have yet to find anything saying he is in fact back in Seattle/Renton. If he is I think it's pretty reasonable to assume to sign with us.

Reaction score

Ha! Chicago Trib posted that they made a mistake and said he came to Chicago after visiting Seattle but got the notion that he was going to sign with Seattle after he left without a contract.

Reaction score

OK but won't they want our 4th pick? or give them the 2 and 3? Trade down and get a lower 1st rounder and a late 2nd.

Amidst a contract extension squabble that appears far from resolution, the Bills may be fancying a trade for pro bowl left tackle Jason Peters.One of the potential suitors is rumored to be the Seahawks, according to an ESPN insider report.Peters is scheduled to make $2.94 million next year and

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Chris Mortenson said on NFL Live Seattle would be stupid to pass on the chance of acquiring Jay Cutler.

Also ESPN Insider said Seattle may be in the running of a power back like Duece McAllister I don't think we will make a run or push at him. In fact I would be pretty surprised if we did.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Cory Redding agreed to reduce his 2009 pay from $3.55 million to $2M and eliminate his 2010-2013 salaries when the Seahawks traded for him in March.
-Rotoworld.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

Ken lucas is an above average corner, and would be our #2 opposite Truf. For the right price, I would sign him. I wonder about his character, but thats just based on the fight. No big deal, probably just settling a score. It happens.
Josh Wilson is a playmaker and is valuable in the nickle. I like his speed, attitude, and ablity to make a play on the ball. Jennings is a busted Draft pick and I think will be our back up until he ups his game.

Reaction score

szat said:
Ken lucas is an above average corner, and would be our #2 opposite Truf. For the right price, I would sign him. I wonder about his character, but thats just based on the fight. No big deal, probably just settling a score. It happens.
Josh Wilson is a playmaker and is valuable in the nickle. I like his speed, attitude, and ablity to make a play on the ball. Jennings is a busted Draft pick and I think will be our back up until he ups his game.

what is Trufant then in your opinon?
I'd put KL on the bigger WR and Trufant on whoever else was left. Wilson stays in the nickel and ST. Jennings rakes leaves and mow's the lawn at the stupid GM's house

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

SeahawkWag said:
szat said:

what is Trufant then in your opinon?
I'd put KL on the bigger WR and Trufant on whoever else was left. Wilson stays in the nickel and ST. Jennings rakes leaves and mow's the lawn at the stupid GM's house

Truf is our #1, the man, one the leagues best CB's, and one of my favorites.
And I agree with the rest of what you say.
I hope he signs.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Trufant is still the No. 1 guy.

On another note NFL Schedule show on ESPN is set for April 14th. Keep that in mind. Show is scheduled tostart at 2 pm.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Cole-
I was just saying even if we sign Lucas he stays the No. 1 guy. If you read a few posts before there was some recommendations of starting Lucas on the top WRs and I was saying that's not even an option.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Seahawks added a familiar face today inviting three members to tryout with the team among them former Seahawk FB David Kirtman. Kirtman was selected in the fifth round of the 2006 draft out of USC. He was released in August as the final cuts were made to trim the roster down to 53.

They also have Kelly Poppinga (LB) and Shane Simmons joining Kirtman.

Poppinga- signed with Miami in 2008 after being undrafted out of BYU. He also had stops with the Rams and Cardinals.
Simmons- Also undrafted was a member of the Raiders.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

I ordered the book "Then Zorn Said to Largent": The Best Seattle Seahawks Stories Ever Told a few days ago and today it came in the mail. So I'm looking very forward to finishing my Joe Torre book and starting this. Has anyone read it? Was it good? Please if you have don't spoil it.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score

Anyone with a Twitter can follow me if they want my name is nothing unusual Hawk096. Basically I post any breaking news on there if I'm away from the computer.

Top Bottom