• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Realistic Expectations?

Reaction score
Seahawks are 2-5 after Week 8. Now they go back to Qwest Field to take on the Detroit Lions which seems like it will be a W for the Seahawks, as long as they don't shoot themselves in the foot. They face 5 tough opponents that bring big passing threats and running threats against a mediocre Seahawks defense. It would be unrealistic to think they could beat those teams.

Wins: Lions, Rams, Buccaneers, Titans
Losses: Cardinals, Vikings, 49ers, Texans, Packers

Overall Record: 6-10

...sound realistic to you guys?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
If the Cardinals play like they did against Carolina, I could see a W there. I could also see a W against the 49ers, and an L against the TItans.

But I don't know from this team. 6-10 seems reasonable. 5-11 maybe. I think we will better the 4-12 record from last year, but only because we have a softer schedule.

Reaction score
I don't know every game seems like it could go either way with exception of the Lion, Rams, and Bucs (those SHOULD be wins) and Vikings (should be a loss).

Titans, Cards, Texans, 49ers, Packers are games I don't want to just chalk up as a loss, but I'm definitely not saying those are games we SHOULD win, just games I think we have a shot at winning.

Say we go 2-3 in those games that would be 7-9.... 3-2 and we'd be .500!!! :shock: :shock: lol.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
I don't know every game seems like it could go either way with exception of the Lion, Rams, and Bucs (those SHOULD be wins) and Vikings (should be a loss).

Titans, Cards, Texans, 49ers, Packers are games I don't want to just chalk up as a loss, but I'm definitely not saying those are games we SHOULD win, just games I think we have a shot at winning.

Say we go 2-3 in those games that would be 7-9.... 3-2 and we'd be .500!!! :shock: :shock: lol.
It's hard to say right now. If the consistent Seahawks go out and play they can win more than 4, but if the inconsistent Seahawks continue to walk out of the locker room it will be hard for them to win more than 3 or 4.

Reaction score
9 game winning streak! Starting next week against the kittens..

JK

I don't know... but I have definitely hit a new low as a seahawks fan.. don't really know how to describe it... never felt this before. Other losses have really hurt... but after yesterdays game I was just numb...

WTF happened to this team? We were spoiled.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
We were only spoiled for five, maybe six seasons. Welcome to reality.

Spoiled by an SB appearance in '05, and a dominance of the west....

and now a crash back down to earth!

S

Seattlehawk94

Spoiled? Some of us were actually fans when we went 2-14 and 6-10s as well as the normal 8-8s and 7-9s of the '90s....Maybe some of ya'll who jumped on when everything was hunky doory think that was spoiled...To me and many others those seasons were vindication for all the shit we took while some of you "Seattlefans" wore 49ers, Cowboys, LA Raiders, Packers, Broncos gear and told us we sucked..

This is what it's like being a Seahawks fan...I've seen the ebbs (not many) and flows (plenty)...Suck it up and deal with it...

This is hardly the worst it's been...Try standing in Kirkland with 20 other guys watching our team pulled away to Los Angeles...TWENTY, that's all the people there stopping the move...

Stick on the bandwagon....It might be rough now...But the Hawks will rise from the ashes....If you think this is a "bad time" then you really don't know the meaning of the word as a fan...Only Yankers "fans" (see people who would root for the IRS) don't really know this kind of thing because they are frontrunning fuckos...

Oh well....Means I get my season tickets back that much faster....

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
There is nothing wrong with being spoiled. There is nothing wrong with enjoying your victories and your time on top. The true determination of a fan is not only being there during the times of victories and championships, but staying around when wins are extremely difficult to come by, when injuries reek havoc on a promising season, when you start paying more attention to the college seniors and juniors who may declare because they will be high draft picks. Fans stick with their team through thick and thin, through good times and bad. True fans are those who go to the game wearing their teams jerseys and hats, socks, boxers, face paint knowing they are inferior to the other team and unless a miracle happens on the field will lose that game. Fans take shit from the hometown teams' fans with a smile on their face and don't make excuses for the poor showing on the field. True fans cheer a meaningless Touchdown in the fourth quarter of a game decided, in part, when two stars were put on IR earlier in week. True fans are passionate about the good and bad of their teams.

I am a true fan. Was there for the runs of the aughts. Was there for the lowness of the nineties. Was there for the ascension in the eighties. Got on board as soon as I could in the seventies. Will be there whether we finish the season 11-5 with the playoffs in line or 2-14 with the number draft pick in our sights.

Now, for the topic itself of the post. With the NFL as crazy as it is, I realistically think that 7-9 or 8-8 is where this team could end up. I think the Vi-Queens are the only game that we will definitively lose. All the others are crap shoots depending on which team (on both sides of the ball) show up to the stadium.

Considering the injuries we keep sustaining 8-8 is not bad and would be a success.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yep. And I keep moving up with my season tickets.

Who was it yesterday on 710? I want to say it was Ray Roberts or Clare Farnsworth or their broadcasting buddy (I forget his name) that called bandwagoners out. It was pretty sweet.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
Spoiled? Some of us were actually fans when we went 2-14 and 6-10s as well as the normal 8-8s and 7-9s of the '90s....Maybe some of ya'll who jumped on when everything was hunky doory think that was spoiled...To me and many others those seasons were vindication for all the shit we took while some of you "Seattlefans" wore 49ers, Cowboys, LA Raiders, Packers, Broncos gear and told us we sucked..

This is what it's like being a Seahawks fan...I've seen the ebbs (not many) and flows (plenty)...Suck it up and deal with it...

This is hardly the worst it's been...Try standing in Kirkland with 20 other guys watching our team pulled away to Los Angeles...TWENTY, that's all the people there stopping the move...

Stick on the bandwagon....It might be rough now...But the Hawks will rise from the ashes....If you think this is a "bad time" then you really don't know the meaning of the word as a fan...Only Yankers "fans" (see people who would root for the IRS) don't really know this kind of thing because they are frontrunning fuckos...

Oh well....Means I get my season tickets back that much faster....

Dude I moved to the states (from Ukraine) in the early 90's. The first NFL game I ever saw on TV was a Seahawks game in 1994 at Husky stadium against the Steelers... I was 8 years old. They automatically became my favorite team. Ironically, the Steelers became my least liked team, even though I only knew of 2 teams. I didn't know anything about the game, but was watching it at my buddies house who had to answer a good 40 questions (who is that, what does that mean, whats a QB, etc etc....). I had an old school seahawks winter jacket my mom bought me from goodwill that I wore in 4th, 5th and 6th grade until I grew out of it.

I was also a Packers fan, I liked Bret Favre and there domination in the mid 90's. But the Seahawks were always my #1 team. When we got Holmgren in 99 I was so damn stoked!

So I may not have been a fan as long as you guys, I was a kid when some of you were my age now (24) but as long as I have known pro football they have been my team, even through the crappy years.

All I was saying, back then we were more accustomed to losing seasons. Yeah we wanted for them to win, but it wasn't as big of a let down or dissapointment. In recent years, we've come to expect nothing but winning seasons and deep playoff runs.

Know what I am saying?

thetrooper

Huddler
Reaction score
yep i agree.the viqueens are pretty good the other teams have ups and downs so all but minnesota are possibly winnable :)

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
This team has not heart. I love the Hawks but Mora has lost them. It is pretty clear, they are not playing for him.

17 points down in the 1st qtr against the fucking lions, are you kidding me. I say they can still win this one. We have the talent, but if they just lay down than I say: 3-13,

Top 4 pick in the draft. (Rams, Browns, Hawks, Raiders)

Wins: Rams,
Losses: Lions, Cardinals, Vikings, 49ers, Texans, Packers, Buccaneers, Titans

:harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey: :harvey:

Fire Mora, and Holmy comes in as GM!

thetrooper

Huddler
Reaction score
i think the hawks will beat the 49ers and rams and maybe tampa.i would say they would beat the titans too but they beat the 49ers so idk :|

Top Bottom