• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Offseason: Rumors, Signings & Trades - Official Thread

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
If we get Miller I say trade Carlson. I love the guy, but if we could get a decent CB out of it, I'm all for it.

Could now trade Carlson + 2nd round pick for Osi, might take a more than that like a later draft pick or a following seasons draft pick, but I think that'd be worth it.

Reaction score
.... That's WAY too much for Osi. They're asking for a 1st, MAYBE Carlson and a 3rd but that still seems like too much.

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
.... That's WAY too much for Osi. They're asking for a 1st, MAYBE Carlson and a 3rd but that still seems like too much.

I disagree, especially if the Seahawks place somewhere in the bottom 12 again like last season. Though that's a lot to bank on. As long as they don't give up a first, I'm content.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
With CW or TJ at QB and that monster of a schedule we have? we'll be lucky to go 6-10.

Everyone else in the division doesn't have it any easier, in fact, the team to worry about is the Rams, and their schedules is significantly harder.

Some people on here are highly overestimating the value of Hasselbeck, and underestimating the value of Jackson. I'm not saying Jackson is the answer to our QB needs, but he's not going to be worse than Hasselbeck... Matt did not have a good year last season. He was in the bottom 5 among QB's..

Reaction score
Everyone else in the division doesn't have it any easier, in fact, the team to worry about is the Rams, and their schedules is significantly harder.

Some people on here are highly overestimating the value of Hasselbeck, and underestimating the value of Jackson. I'm not saying Jackson is the answer to our QB needs, but he's not going to be worse than Hasselbeck... Matt did not have a good year last season. He was in the bottom 5 among QB's..

I'm not saying Matt would have been a pro bowler last year by any means, but look at what he was working with... An offensive coordinator who's play calling was questionable at best, a patch work offensive line who couldn't protect him and couldn't block in the running game which intern made it even harder to protect him, then he had a lot of new receivers he hadn't developed much chemistry with. Couple that with him not being the player he used to be, and yeah he's going to struggle. The T-Jack move makes sense to me for one reason and that's because he can escape some of the pressure he'll be under while this young offensive line figures things out.

OP
RockOutWithYourHawkOut
Reaction score
I'm not saying Matt would have been a pro bowler last year by any means, but look at what he was working with... An offensive coordinator who's play calling was questionable at best, a patch work offensive line who couldn't protect him and couldn't block in the running game which intern made it even harder to protect him, then he had a lot of new receivers he hadn't developed much chemistry with. Couple that with him not being the player he used to be, and yeah he's going to struggle. The T-Jack move makes sense to me for one reason and that's because he can escape some of the pressure he'll be under while this young offensive line figures things out.

Completely agree, but Jackson wont be the end-all-be-all for the 2011 season. Not entirely sure if that's what you were implying.

Reaction score
  • Raheem Brock has re-signed with the Hawks. (1-Year Deal)
  • Jordan Babineaux has signed with the Titans.

Reaction score
Damn glad Brock resigned. Will miss big play, but don't think it'll be a noticeable loss. Glad Matt has another Hawk friend.

Reaction score
The 49ers are apparently trying to trade Taylor Mays. He has great straight line speed, but not enough agility to play safety, if we didn't already have a log jam at LB I'd say pick him up and convert him to an outside linebacker.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Sweet on Raheem, give him one more year.
Too bad on big play babs, one of my favorite personalities, but I expected this considering we picked up a few DB's.

I heard we are looking at FB's out there too, any rumors on this?

Reaction score
Sweet on Raheem, give him one more year.
Too bad on big play babs, one of my favorite personalities, but I expected this considering we picked up a few DB's.

I heard we are looking at FB's out there too, any rumors on this?

I haven't heard anything, but HOPEFULLY we bring Weaver back

Reaction score
Did the Preacher get released?! I'd love to have him back. I like Robinson but he's not a true blocking FB

Top Bottom