• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official start of Cutting players

Reaction score
Monday is the first day teams can start to cut players for cap space. Some teams have started speculation of players that will be cut among them:

Carolina Panthers-
WR- DJ Hackett
CB- Ken Lucas
Both of them left Seattle for Carolina through free agency. Hackett left Seattle after 2007 season and Lucas left after the 2004 season.

Cincinnati Bengals:
OT- Levi Jones

Baltimore Ravens:
CB- Samari Rolle

Detriot Lions:
TE- Dan Campbell
OG- Edwin Mulitalo
CB- Leigh Bodden

Oakland Raiders:
S- Michael Huff

New York Giants:
CB- Sam Madison

Kansis City Chiefs:
CB- Patrick Surtain

These are just speculations and reports that I've heard or read. Doesn't mean they will be, but it's an option and possible.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Huff was a top 10 pick as he was selected 7th overall in 2006 out of Texas.

Lucas not so sure if we would bring him back. It's possible, but I don't know if they will jump the gun on him again or wait to sign another FA over him or even draft a guy.

Pac Man Jones is expected to be cut also today.

Remember last year at this time Mike Wahle was cut and Seattle ended up signing him. Not so sure if there will be another move like that in Seattle this year.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Browns let go LB Antwan Peek. I remember Peek from his days with the Texans. He had a pretty promising career until he tore his pectoral muscle and missed the 08 season. I would like to see them sign Peek if DD Lewis leaves.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I don't see us cutting anyone. Anyone who is really open to being cut isn't that big of a save for us. Exs- Chris Spencer and Kelly Jennings.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
So the Broncos cut:
Marquand Manuel- Spent 2004-05 with the Seahawks. Best year came in 2005 when he piled 72 tackles in the Super Bowl year.
Niko Koutouvides- Was a Seahawk from 2004-07 and had 89 career tackles. Most of them coming from the Special Teams role. He filled in well when injuries hit the linebacker's.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Saints have cut Duece McAllister today. He was one of the longest tenured Saint on their roster. Having spent 8 years as a Saint after have been drafted in the first round of the 2001 draft.

S

Seattlehawk94

Ravens cut Chris McAllister too...

Would love to see us make a push for him..

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Thanks 94 forgot to post that one. Saved the Ravens $8 mill. Look for that to be used towards Bart Scott and/or Ray Lewis.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Madison will be 35 come opening day. He is also coming off of the broken ankle that ended his season. He never went to the Pro Bowl after he left Miami.

Mike Furrey will be 32 come opening day.

Top Bottom