• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New Marshall update

Reaction score
from Denver Post

Coach Pete Carroll admitted that there has been some "very preliminary" talk between the Seahawks and restricted free agent Brandon Marshall's player rep.

The Seahawks would have to hammer out an extension with the disgruntled receiver and then work out a trade with the Broncos. Seattle, of course, has already hosted Marshall on a visit and ESPN's John Clayton has reported that the Broncos will wait until the draft to trade him. Marshall is seeking a long-term deal and would likely command around $10 million a season. :fie:

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
According to FoxSports.com's John Czarnecki, there is "no way that Pete Carroll is parting with the sixth overall pick for a disgruntled receiver who really can't stretch the field."

Czar was obviously referring to restricted free agent Brandon Marshall, though the latter part of his statement is debatable. If the Seahawks are truly willing to commit to the headcase long term, they're smart to wait out the Broncos. Josh McDaniels is loath to hold onto a bad-tempered player expected to pout until he hits the jackpot on an extension.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46674 said:
Brandon Marshall Grade: 3.31 Position: WR
Class: Sr
School: UCF
Conference: Conference USA
Ht., Wt.: 6-4.5, 229
40 Time: 4.57
Selected by: Denver Broncos
Round 4, pick 22 (119 overall)

was the point of this to show the hawks can get a good receiver in a late round? if it wasnt i dont see the relevance. he has been one of the top 3 receivers in the league so his 40 time and pick in the draft dont serve any purpose in evaluating him.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
dude ur rediculous, marshall has put up just about best numers in nfl over last 3 years and ur trying to say hes not good or worth 10 mil a year... ur funny to me

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
There is no doubt he is amazing. If the price is right and our coaches think they can prevent him from missing games due to suspension, grab him.

I would not mind our 2nd and a player, just as long as we trade one of our 1st's to make up for the lack of 2nd/3rd round picks.

Reaction score
Thanks for the link, but I've never heard of that site and wouldn't trust it for information. Not saying it won't happen, but it's not one site I would trust. Trust me I would love Spencer to be traded with a 2nd-round pick instead of a first-round, but I don't think it would happen. They do need help at the center though, but I just don't see the value being there. IMO.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;46691 said:
Thanks for the link, but I've never heard of that site and wouldn't trust it for information. Not saying it won't happen, but it's not one site I would trust. Trust me I would love Spencer to be traded with a 2nd-round pick instead of a first-round, but I don't think it would happen. They do need help at the center though, but I just don't see the value being there. IMO.
i think what i read on that link is that the trade could involve us sending sims, spencer, our 2010 2nd rd pick, and the ealgles 2010 4th rd pick for marshall, and their 2010 3rd rd pick.

to me i think that has a lot of value for denver. they are getting 2 young interior lineman that have lots of potential with small contracts. they are also getting our 2nd rd pick this year.

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up! Sorry guys I'm following the report of Pitts signing with 9ers. I spoke to Mike Sando- he has not heard that, but there is a report out there that Pitts has signed with the 9ers. IMO the report is not a reliable source at all. So I won't believe it until I get a reliable confirmation. Until then I will be trying to dig something up!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;46694 said:
Thanks for clearing that up! Sorry guys I'm following the report of Pitts signing with 9ers. I spoke to Mike Sando- he has not heard that, but there is a report out there that Pitts has signed with the 9ers. IMO the report is not a reliable source at all. So I won't believe it until I get a reliable confirmation. Until then I will be trying to dig something up!
i dont think there have been talks or anything about that deal being made. it is not a rumor or anything. i think it was speculation from the writer. probably a personal opinion of how a deal COULD develop between the two teams.

Reaction score
Hawk096;46696 said:
No I was talking about the Pitts signing LOL!

Chester_Pitts

Its been reported that I signed with the 49ers. As honored as I'd be, that hasn't transpired as of today. Just setting record straight.

Pitts posted this on his twitter... just so you all know

Bigtexhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Back to Marshall...and the reported 10 million dollars a year he would like to have...

Granted his off the field incidents and his disgruntlement at the Broncos coaching staff and front office is well publicized, but sometimes in life, a change of scenery is needed. Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Marshall needs out of the high altitude mile-high city and onto the the pristine Emerald City. Change is good for the soul.

The disgruntlement would stop. Can't see how he would have any beef with Carroll or the rest of the coaching staff. They seem to sing the praises of what Marshall can bring to the field. And I have never heard anyone inside the organization to bad mouth the owner. (Of course being stuck in Texas, I rarely hear any Seahawk news other then from this site. :-D

Of the field issues, we can only hope that he is growing up and stopping the beatings of his gf's....Sorry, alleged beatings...

As far as on the field, he is simply one of the best receivers in the game today. Period. End of discussions. Does anyone command a salary of 10 million a year? As a school teacher with a brain in his head, I say firefighters, policemen, military personnel and teachers do. But, knowing the world we live in, if the dude from the teenage vampire movie can get 7 million for some cheesy piece of crap movie he makes with no talent, then Brandon Marshall can earn 10 million dollars for catching a 100 balls a year and scoring some touchdown for the Seahawks.

Trade the second round pick, one of two also-rans on our rosters that give the Broncos a chubby and seal the damn deal!!!! Of course, the longer we wait the better. The Broncos don't want him. It will be a fire sale by draft weekend.

Reaction score
Bigtexhawk;46699 said:
Back to Marshall...and the reported 10 million dollars a year he would like to have...

Granted his off the field incidents and his disgruntlement at the Broncos coaching staff and front office is well publicized, but sometimes in life, a change of scenery is needed. Maybe, just maybe, Mr. Marshall needs out of the high altitude mile-high city and onto the the pristine Emerald City. Change is good for the soul.

The disgruntlement would stop. Can't see how he would have any beef with Carroll or the rest of the coaching staff. They seem to sing the praises of what Marshall can bring to the field. And I have never heard anyone inside the organization to bad mouth the owner. (Of course being stuck in Texas, I rarely hear any Seahawk news other then from this site. :-D

Of the field issues, we can only hope that he is growing up and stopping the beatings of his gf's....Sorry, alleged beatings...

As far as on the field, he is simply one of the best receivers in the game today. Period. End of discussions. Does anyone command a salary of 10 million a year? As a school teacher with a brain in his head, I say firefighters, policemen, military personnel and teachers do. But, knowing the world we live in, if the dude from the teenage vampire movie can get 7 million for some cheesy piece of crap movie he makes with no talent, then Brandon Marshall can earn 10 million dollars for catching a 100 balls a year and scoring some touchdown for the Seahawks.

Trade the second round pick, one of two also-rans on our rosters that give the Broncos a chubby and seal the damn deal!!!! Of course, the longer we wait the better. The Broncos don't want him. It will be a fire sale by draft weekend.
I think having a coach like Carroll and players that like to have fun and joke around will help his attitude a lot. I don't know much about the atmosphere in Denver, but I doubt the players there are as outgoing as a lot of the Seahawks' players.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Sims, Branch, and our 2nd rounder. Done. I'm not so sold on getting rid of Spencer. I want to know what he can do at guard, first. He seemed to do well when we moved him there and Unger to center.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Definitely no linemen to Denver, we already got rid of that waste of time Sims. Not that he was ever going to fill Hutch's shoes, but still, move on.

Yeah, by draft weekend Denver will be giving us Marshall AND some picks just to take him off their hands....:taunt:

Top Bottom